O'Toole:  Already demonstrated his frosh year that he's trouble.  With this additional showing, he's going to continue to be trouble.  Visually, he looks like he's still 16.  If he's really not yet physically matured, then oh my will he be a force.  I could see him moving to 86kg after school and being trouble there for everyone not named DT.  I'd love to see a health Kharchla vs. O'Toole matchup.  That would be fire.  

Elam:  Looked really good, and even though he has a Junior WC now under his belt, I'm hesitant to suggest that he and Ferrari would be as close as one would think.  I still think he's pretty far behind the other top 92kg in the country, in Cox, Moore, Gadsen, etc. 

Amos:  I think he's the real deal.  I've stated before that I feel like he's attempting to emulate Snyder, but with better upper body motion and movement (as evidenced by that ridiculous, Greco-inspired 5 pointer).  Big if, but IF he does go 197 in college, I think he'll give Ferrari everything he can handle and then some.  On the senior level, I could see Amos ascending to the Top 5 at 97kg, if he's not there already.  Still has a ways, in my opinion of catching Snyder and Moore, and that gap in itself is wide. 

15 minutes ago, boconnell said:

It's like he was going for a record of most bad takes in a single thread.

that colton hawks lacks athleticism ? I won't take that back; go watch that match. Otoole I give all the props in the world but he was getting smoked at the time - and it's still his weakness all things considered if he wants to do big things on the next stage. Had no reference to elam at the time.

Overall solid performance from team usa; the best the could of done with that roster and better than I expected. Won alot of close matches.

Now the whole goal of this is to have the junior champs make the next step into senior success. I am still a doubter that we have high level senior guys here - maybe Elam best shot of the 3. Wasn't able to watch much of him.

4 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

O'Toole:  Already demonstrated his frosh year that he's trouble.  With this additional showing, he's going to continue to be trouble.  Visually, he looks like he's still 16.  If he's really not yet physically matured, then oh my will he be a force.  I could see him moving to 86kg after school and being trouble there for everyone not named DT.  I'd love to see a health Kharchla vs. O'Toole matchup.  That would be fire.  

Elam:  Looked really good, and even though he has a Junior WC now under his belt, I'm hesitant to suggest that he and Ferrari would be as close as one would think.  I still think he's pretty far behind the other top 92kg in the country, in Cox, Moore, Gadsen, etc. 

Amos:  I think he's the real deal.  I've stated before that I feel like he's attempting to emulate Snyder, but with better upper body motion and movement (as evidenced by that ridiculous, Greco-inspired 5 pointer).  Big if, but IF he does go 197 in college, I think he'll give Ferrari everything he can handle and then some.  On the senior level, I could see Amos ascending to the Top 5 at 97kg, if he's not there already.  Still has a ways, in my opinion of catching Snyder and Moore, and that gap in itself is wide. 

A solid take. O'Toole seems like a small 74kg/165lber. I wonder if he'll keep growing into 86 like DT did or stay down at 74 like Dake.

Elam is definitely a ways behind Cox et al. at 92, but I think he is there with Ferrari at 197 lbs. He lacked experience against high level opponents going into NCAA and I think that hurt him. He seemed to get better every match that tournament after getting upset first round. Lost a tough overtime match to Amine and then avenged his earlier loss. Unfortunately (for me as a Mizzou fan), Amos seems like the next big thing at 197 lbs.

Amos first match was not pretty - if we are talking relative weakness I may put athleticism in for him too.

That is not a troll post - we are talking senior level which is a big step up from juniors - he seemed to struggle getting to the legs. He's just a beast upper body and tough dude for this tournament.

45 minutes ago, alliseeisgold said:

that colton hawks lacks athleticism ? I won't take that back; go watch that match. Otoole I give all the props in the world but he was getting smoked at the time - and it's still his weakness all things considered if he wants to do big things on the next stage. Had no reference to elam at the time.

Overall solid performance from team usa; the best the could of done with that roster and better than I expected. Won alot of close matches.

Now the whole goal of this is to have the junior champs make the next step into senior success. I am still a doubter that we have high level senior guys here - maybe Elam best shot of the 3. Wasn't able to watch much of him.

Hawks is probably the best athlete on Mizzou's roster. He was a three-sport All-Stater in Missouri in Wrestling, Football and Baseball. 

Zach Elam was All-Metro KC in football, but nobody comes close to Hawks in terms of athleticism and success in multiple sports. 

15 minutes ago, MizzouGrad said:

Hawks is probably the best athlete on Mizzou's roster. He was a three-sport All-Stater in Missouri in Wrestling, Football and Baseball. 

Zach Elam was All-Metro KC in football, but nobody comes close to Hawks in terms of athleticism and success in multiple sports. 

You know your post are terrible if MizzouGrad needs to correct you....but keep on keeping on @alliseeisgold

23 minutes ago, MizzouGrad said:

playing football and baseball doesn't mean your athletic typically like basketball does or that those sports translate to wrestling at all unless your a lineman.  The point was he lacked a fluidity and flexibility to adjust in freestyle positions, call it athleticism; whatever you want - it was the 1 match i saw at worlds is all - I think I might be the only one who even watched it apparently.  He could have more than what he showed, but I saw the match and that's what I saw.

23 minutes ago, nom said:

So you watched barely any matches …. Yet are comfortable denigrating the group.  

I feel attacked.

19 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

Unfortunately that's how it works these days. With damn near everything...

I. Feel. Attacked.

38 minutes ago, nom said:

So you watched barely any matches …. Yet are comfortable denigrating the group.  

I guess whoever it is you are talking about needs to look like Jordan Burroughs (heck, be named like him to) to get some love.

I was up at 2-3 am watching matches - you were sleeping ? 

I guess people just lack the passion I have for the sport ? 

Go watch the match - because none of u have. 

Great job by our MFS, and the Women (at the conclusion of Day 1), are off to a very good start as well. I hope good things continue for us. 
Also I really like Junior World’s. I think it’s great seeing our young stars doing tremendous things out there. 

Edited by de4856
Additional information

Otoole and rocky elam are both true sophomores, right? So they have this season and 3 more at mizzou. Both look like they are still maturing into their adult bodies. Look out, these two will he dangerous (obviously) for years to come. 

5 hours ago, alliseeisgold said:

How did Jordan Burroughs do at Junior Worlds after his freshman year of college?

At 65kg thought Bayramov (AZE) looked enormous for the weight. Loved Mamedov's (RUS) takedown of Bayramov with 25 seconds left in first period of gold medal match. Goes from a strong underhook to high crotch (?) but the transition was so quick and looked so easy.

Keegan is a stud! Keep up the great work kid!

Congrats to Braxton and Rocky on winning gold. All three champs had some great and very entertaining matches.