7 hours ago, alliseeisgold said:

that colton hawks lacks athleticism ? I won't take that back; go watch that match. Otoole I give all the props in the world but he was getting smoked at the time - and it's still his weakness all things considered if he wants to do big things on the next stage. Had no reference to elam at the time.

Overall solid performance from team usa; the best the could of done with that roster and better than I expected. Won alot of close matches.

Now the whole goal of this is to have the junior champs make the next step into senior success. I am still a doubter that we have high level senior guys here - maybe Elam best shot of the 3. Wasn't able to watch much of him.

I love older slobs putting down kids that make a World Team with their “I won’t take that back” sophomoric nonsense. 
This kid has done more in his life of wrestling than you will ever accomplish.  Period.  And he is still a kid. 
To put down a kid who made the world team and almost placed is a special type of insecurity.  
It must be painful to be so insecure.  
You only wish you could be a tenth as “athletic”. 

3 minutes ago, leshismore said:

I love older slobs putting down kids that make a World Team with their “I won’t take that back” sophomoric nonsense. 
This kid has done more in his life of wrestling than you will ever accomplish.  Period.  And he is still a kid. 
To put down a kid who made the world team and almost placed is a special type of insecurity.  
It must be painful to be so insecure.  
You only wish you could be a tenth as “athletic”. 

And more importantly...you put a space before your question marks. WTF ?

EDIT for Philleshismore, Not you.

Edited by Mphillips

9 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Just seems they get cradled often enough by Americans that they should spend a little time learning how to defend it. Maybe remind their guys of the possibility when facing an American who will be looking for it.  

I'm not gonna be mad if they don't haha

21 minutes ago, goStanford18 said:

by my count the USA now has 5 consecutive JR. World Golds at 74kg

Hall/Hall/Lewis/Carr/O’Toole

Hall, Lewis, and Carr all won NCAA titles. 

oh. snap.

25 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I am on your side too. Just a curiosity about things. 

My guess is that it is a whole paradigm shift for the rest of the world.  They grow up thinking 90%+ of par terre is a gut or lace variation.  Then you get a DT, or O'Toole (cradles) or Bo Bassett (head lever) pulling USA folkstyle moves and they don't know what hit them.  Not to mention there are so few guys over there that could give them a feel for these moves to the extent that an average collegian could.  I think that is a really difficult problem for them.  Of course, a lot of folk moves are futile in free, as they are relatively slow in developing (most bars, halves, etc.).

10 hours ago, AHamilton said:

My guess is that it is a whole paradigm shift for the rest of the world.  They grow up thinking 90%+ of par terre is a gut or lace variation.  Then you get a DT, or O'Toole (cradles) or Bo Bassett (head lever) pulling USA folkstyle moves and they don't know what hit them.  Not to mention there are so few guys over there that could give them a feel for these moves to the extent that an average collegian could.  I think that is a really difficult problem for them.  Of course, a lot of folk moves are futile in free, as they are relatively slow in developing (most bars, halves, etc.).

Speaking of don't know what hit them, they had no idea what to do with this.

29 minutes ago, nom said:

Has Elor had a match that has gone the distance in the past few months?  All her trial matches ended early.  Did all her Cadet and Junior world matches end early?

She is unreal.

She's the, 'real deal.' 

Ringaci MDA up 6-0 over Boyd, barrel roll for 4 followed by a gut.

8-0 after a snap and spin behind. End of 1

Boyd in on a shot, leg in the air and can't convert.

Boyd with a TD followed by a reversal 9-2

ends 9-2

4 hours ago, TripNSweep said:

I saw Korina Blades losing 10-1 and came back with a fall with under a minute in her match. 

FRL showed it.  Dresser Dump to back.  Was pretty sweet.  Opponent was devastated.  Heartbreaking to get stuck when just needed one more point for tech.

Woops, seeing Mike already pointed the move out.

Edited by nom

I saw Korina Blades losing 10-1 and came back with a fall with under a minute in her match. 
Just watched the match. She was only down 10-1 because of a bad call followed by a wrongly failed challenge. She drove her opponent out and then got thrown. Still a great ending to that match.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, nom said:

Has Elor had a match that has gone the distance in the past few months?  All her trial matches ended early.  Did all her Cadet and Junior world matches end early?

She is unreal.

I don't believe she's surrendered a point since 2019.

She looks bored out there.