18 minutes ago, LJB said:

ZING!!!!!

again...

praise odin you are nobody and have no sway over anything outside of your keyboard...

please...

don't watch greco...

ever...

although we may struggle missing your clever posts, i assure you greco will be just fine without you...

Please post a picture of your favorite 10th place ribbon!!

I try my best not to watch to be honest, glad it’s separate from the better style this week unlike the Olympics where they were mixed in. 

Just remember it takes a loser to support a loser!

6 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Has anybody else done the trifecta, ever?  Juniors, U23, Seniors all in one year for any style?

I am all-in on Kennedy Blades pulling it off

Yui Susaki went:

Jr World Gold - September 2018

Sr World Gold - October 2018

Jr World Gold - August 2019

6 hours ago, nhs67 said:

False.  The 63kg kid has put a focus on Greco over freestyle.  It's a shame that Flo was so high on him that folks expected more out of him.  He just isn't elite.

You should reread the comment you replied to.  Nothing you said contradicts what I said

Edited by Housebuye

33 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

False.  The Gaylord kid does focus Greco over Freestyle.

He also focuses on folkstyle. In fact, he primarily does and spends way more time on it than Greco. Maybe my wording was confusing.

the 55kg kid actually spends all his time on Greco, so that would’ve been a good example. 

5 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

He also focuses on folkstyle. In fact, he primarily does and spends way more time on it than Greco. Maybe my wording was confusing.

the 55kg kid actually spends all his time on Greco, so that would’ve been a good example. 

The 55kg kid is still a good example.

The Gaylord kid is still a good example that focuses on greco over freestyle as well.

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

The 55kg kid is still a good example.

The Gaylord kid is still a good example that focuses on greco over freestyle as well.

I’m talking about anything over folkstyle. Our “greco” teams are folkstyle wrestlers who occasionally wrestle greco for the most part. It’s just like our beach wrestling teams.

4 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

I’m talking about anything over folkstyle. Our “greco” teams are folkstyle wrestlers who occasionally wrestle greco for the most part. It’s just like our beach wrestling teams.

I get what you're saying.  I do agree.

it is not a secret that our junior greco guys are not really greco guys...

sullivan is probably the only kid on the team that will ever have a legitimate chance of making a senior team and even he was still wrestling the stall fest this year in oklahoma... 

and that is the rub on US greco...

very limited options for any kid who actually prefers the best style...

it is so disappointing...

i have gone over this too many times in the past and do not have the energy...

Just now, CA_Wrestler said:

lol

Why would Yui go U23?  That's only for wrestlers who didn't make the World or Olympic team.

Blades just won Juniors.  Will win U23 and will win Worlds.  At 72kg... She still has 2 years of eligibility left for Juniors.

14 hours ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Greco 0-5 outscored 40-3. It’s beyond time to stop wasting resources and scrap the entire greco program. It’s a bad product and we’re not competitive at all. Let’s end the participation trophy mentality.

Ah yes, the new American Way.   We struggle at it and the path to being successful is difficult, so we should just walk away rather than taking on a challenge.  

It's a good thing you weren't in charge of the women's program 20 years ago. 

Edited by Oily Bohunk
Mistype

21 minutes ago, Oily Bohunk said:

Ah yes, the new American Way.   We struggle at it and the path to being successful is difficult, so we should just walk away rather than taking on a challenge.  

It's a good thing you weren't in charge of the women's program 20 years ago. 

it's a much better thing dude is not in charge of anything...

Our junior Greco has been outright embarrassing, we haven’t won a match yet I think we re 0-8 at this point and almost all of those are us being shut out 8-0, hopefully Amos or Boukasis can step up bc this has been an absolute disaster so far, we don’t even have a takedown yet 

12 hours ago, LJB said:

sullivan is probably the only kid on the team that will ever have a legitimate chance of making a senior team and even he was still wrestling the stall fest this year in oklahoma... 

Amos was in OLY Trials finals this year

Edited by Husker_Du

10 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Blades just won Juniors.  Will win U23 and will win Worlds.  At 72kg... She still has 2 years of eligibility left for Juniors.

That's good experience for her, but what does that have to do with you asking why Susaki didn't go to U23?

3 hours ago, CA_Wrestler said:

That's good experience for her, but what does that have to do with you asking why Susaki didn't go to U23?

I never asked why she didn't, just if she did or not.

Apologies for the confusion.

17 hours ago, LJB said:

and that is the rub on US greco...

very limited options for any kid who actually prefers the best style...

it is so disappointing...

i have gone over this too many times in the past and do not have the energy...

You don’t think Amos has a chance to ever make a senior Greco team?  Didn’t he wrestle in the OTT finals this year?

Edit:  @Husker_Du beat me to it

Edited by jchapman

7 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Our junior Greco has been outright embarrassing, we haven’t won a match yet I think we re 0-8 at this point and almost all of those are us being shut out 8-0, hopefully Amos or Boukasis can step up bc this has been an absolute disaster so far, we don’t even have a takedown yet 

7 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

We’re not supposed to highlight how poor our greco team does. Some prefer the everyone gets a trophy mentality, LJB stills has all of his 10th place ribbons from his greco days. 

9 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

We’re not supposed to highlight how poor our greco team does. Some prefer the everyone gets a trophy mentality, LJB stills has all of his 10th place ribbons from his greco days. 

I am good with highlighting it, fwiw.  I am not good with clamoring for disbanding it.  Improve not cancel.  Cancelling it will only damn wrestling's chances next time it gets put up for the Oly-Axxing.