1 hour ago, jchapman said:

You don’t think Amos has a chance to ever make a senior Greco team?  Didn’t he wrestle in the OTT finals this year?

Edit:  @Husker_Du beat me to it

yes he did... 

and it was a big surprise that he did... even to him...

but...

was handled with ease by tracy...

if that kid decided to not waste any more time with the stall fest at WI and focused solely on greco, he has some potential to do well domestically...

but...

that spot is tracy's for as long as he wants it... he is only 23 and dedicated to real wrestling and has been for years...

with that being said, he might be able to sneak onto a senior team the minute tracy retires if there is no one else who has chosen to focus on the best style between here and now...

and trust me, that is not disparaging to amos...

it is an indictment of our entire wrestling culture in this country who are scared of the best style...

1 hour ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

We’re not supposed to highlight how poor our greco team does. Some prefer the everyone gets a trophy mentality, LJB stills has all of his 10th place ribbons from his greco days. 

i get at little smirk picturing you being so proud of yourself every time you type this kind of dull drivel...

keep living your best life...

1 hour ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

We’re not supposed to highlight how poor our greco team does. Some prefer the everyone gets a trophy mentality, LJB stills has all of his 10th place ribbons from his greco days. 

I don’t agree with ditching the whole style, but I don’t think we should be sending guys that have no business being there. This was a truely pathetic performance outside Amos (and he still got teched and shut out in the semis ) ....We don’t need to be sending a full squad when 8 or 9 of those guys are gonna to get beat 8-0 every single match and that kind of abysmal showing definitely isn’t going to attract new athletes or fans to Greco 

The reason the US wrestlers get beat is not because of conditioning, athleticism, or toughness.  It is usually because they are not as experienced and get out of position or attempt a technique when not in the proper position and thus vulnerable to giving up points.  What needs to be taught is good positioning on the feet and on the mat, then the proper techniques to perform from those positions.  Then repetition, repetition, repetition.  Most wrestlers dont' know the proper position, nor the proper technique, and many don't have the time to devote to the repetition because they go back to Folk or Free and lose the momentum.  

Amos is a good example.  Are the World GR guys better athletes?  Better conditioned?   Or are they just tougher than Amos?  None of the above.  

The U.S. can be a powerhouse in GR with the proper elements in place.

On 8/20/2021 at 11:10 AM, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

You have zero justification to keep greco. We’re horrible and it’s a bad product! Scrap it then we don’t have to watch hot garbage 

Here’s the best thing about that….you don’t have to watch hot garbage. So don’t watch, and while you don’t watch, the people who work grind and make their lives in Greco, regardless of your opinion of it, can continue and not be out of their livelihood. 

You want to quit the participation mentality, by quitting because we haven’t been competitive for a bit. That makes sense. Real good thing you’re not making any important decisions. 

8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Here’s the best thing about that….you don’t have to watch hot garbage. So don’t watch, and while you don’t watch, the people who work grind and make their lives in Greco, regardless of your opinion of it, can continue and not be out of their livelihood. 

You want to quit the participation mentality, by quitting because we haven’t been competitive for a bit. That makes sense. Real good thing you’re not making any important decisions. 

What he does not get and probably never will, is that things are actually changing…

The amount of kids taking overseas trips in the last 5 years has grown exponentially…

all of those trips include Greco in places on this planet that actually get it… sone if those trips are Greco only…

A whole new generation of kids are finding out they have options and don’t have to follow the same sorry stall fest path…

it shows in actual results, but, dummy will never know because he only pays attention once a year…

that does not make him unique…

very typical of a wrestling “fan” in this country…

37 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I don’t watch but I do see the results. Ignorance won’t make things better. 

1 minute ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

I don’t watch but I do see the results. Ignorance won’t make things better. 

this is the type of irony that never fails to make me giggle...

27 minutes ago, LJB said:

What he does not get and probably never will, is that things are actually changing…

The amount of kids taking overseas trips in the last 5 years has grown exponentially…

all of those trips include Greco in places on this planet that actually get it… sone if those trips are Greco only…

A whole new generation of kids are finding out they have options and don’t have to follow the same sorry stall fest path…

it shows in actual results, but, dummy will never know because he only pays attention once a year…

Yes things are changing, but not the way you want. We are getting worse at what you laughably call the best style, we used to have chances at medals now we barely have a chance to score points. Really you just keep sounding dumber and dumber every time you post. 

Just now, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Yes things are changing, but not the way you want. We are getting worse at what you laughably call the best style, we used to have chances at medals now we barely have a chance to score points. Really you just keep sounding dumber and dumber every time you post. 

don't you go changing...

keep not watching...

keep having no understanding...

keep claiming others are ignorant...

keep providing some one for us to point and laugh at...

and please keep living your best life!!!!!

1 minute ago, LJB said:

don't you go changing...

keep not watching...

keep having no understanding...

keep claiming others are ignorant...

keep providing some one for us to point and laugh at...

and please keep living your best life!!!!!

3 wins over 10 weights, things are looking bright. Clearly you’re just looking to keep a loser program for your son so you can expand on your extensive trophy case lol. 

4 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

3 wins over 10 weights, things are looking bright. Clearly you’re just looking to keep a loser program for your son so you can expand on your extensive trophy case lol. 

Don’t ever change…

EVER!!!!

It brings me great humor to know that while I sit here down at the pool you two gents are sitting somewhere bickering with some other keyboard warrior on a forum.

Live life a little, gents.  Beautiful day out.

Sigh, stating with complete sincerity that the reason a lot of kids aren’t doing Greco is fear.. is so wannabe macho and deliberately ignorant of realities on the ground.. that it really makes me wish you were trolling.

You'd be easier to take seriously if you dropped the wannabe tuff guy stuff out of the routine

58 minutes ago, LJB said:

I know this, you know this….

13 minutes ago, jp157 said:

Sigh, stating with complete sincerity that the reason a lot of kids aren’t doing Greco is fear.. is so wannabe macho and deliberately ignorant of realities on the ground.. that it really makes me wish you were trolling.

You'd be easier to take seriously if you dropped the wannabe tuff guy stuff out of the routine

Not understanding that fear is not just peeing yourself in a corner is what makes you so damn adorable…

XXOOXXOO