Jump to content
mspart

Gable Steveson not going to Worlds?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, NJDan said:

Does anyone know what Gable stands to make in WWE un, say, his first two years? Is it more like $100K or more like a $1 million.

How does this money compare to MMA money?

Do WWE fans even know who Gable is and, if they know, do they care?

With the gold medal he can command a 7 figure payday. That isn't out of the question or unrealistic at all. My guess he goes with the best offer that gives him the most money and freedom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2021 at 3:52 PM, Billyhoyle said:

Is he jet lagged or what? Based on that video, it doesn’t seem like WWE is some huge dream of his as people posting here seem to think.  

I think that what explains what you describe is that she us an extrovert and he is more introverted. Which will make WWE more tricky for him to succeed at; they'd have to create a different kind of character for him, maybe kind of a cousin of Lesnar who doesn't talk much.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want Gable to keep competing. But it seems clear that the main demographic of this forum is mostly made up of the type that for.. reasons. Are perfectly okay with the idea of “making” someone keep wrestling. Whether they want to or not. 
 

Look. I wish I had Gables talent as well. Y’all need to calm down 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Yup.  I think it’s a little weird that he’d skip Worlds if he was still planning on wrestling  next year, although Mineo now also claiming that due to being in college Gable supposedly wouldn’t be eligible to receive the Living the Dream funds twice in one year.

That is very crappy. Why can't athletes qualify for Living The Dream twice? It's not their fault that the Olympics were delayed by a global pandemic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People need to stop reading something from someone on social media and just running with it.  The stuff about no fund because its twice in one year is FALSE.  It literally takes about five seconds to look it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, olddirty said:

Im guessing Gable and Sanderson were predicting it; most likely sure of it

Heck yeah. They’re winners through and through. Fans didn’t know it and wouldn’t for many years. It was a loss to anyone who wanted to see them win more. When Gable hung up his shoes he was just crushing people. When Sanderson left he had more to prove. He won the gold but hadn’t mastered freestyle in the way Dan Gable had. But he moved onto coaching and is on his way to becoming an even better coach than he was an athlete. We just didn’t happen to know any of that was going to happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lurker said:

People need to stop reading something from someone on social media and just running with it.  The stuff about no fund because its twice in one year is FALSE.  It literally takes about five seconds to look it up.

You've said it twice.

Folks don't care to read before they comment. You know that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

You've said it twice.

Folks don't care to read before they comment. You know that. 

I didn't say I believed it, just relaying what was claimed.    I believe Willie said Gable was going back to Minny too, so Mineo seemed to have good info on that.   I know it could be another case of his often being "correct on some parts of the story, wrong on others"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lurker said:

People need to stop reading something from someone on social media and just running with it.  The stuff about no fund because its twice in one year is FALSE.  It literally takes about five seconds to look it up.

Curious where this can be "looked up" though?  Doesn't seem to be many details provided on this page -  https://donate.usawrestling.org/pages/living-the-dream-medal-fund

Doesn't seem to say anything about college.  For example, isn't the money placed in a trust or something for those in college?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Yup.  I think it’s a little weird that he’d skip Worlds if he was still planning on wrestling  next year, although Mineo now also claiming that due to being in college Gable supposedly wouldn’t be eligible to receive the Living the Dream funds twice in one year.

There is no reason why the living the dream fund payment would be affected by being in college.  Possibly he just wanted a break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

There is no reason why the living the dream fund payment would be affected by being in college.  Possibly he just wanted a break.

Especially with NIL in effect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

There is no reason why the living the dream fund payment would be affected by being in college.  Possibly he just wanted a break.

There is no reason for a lot of rules that exist...   I'm' not saying this one does, and maybe my googling needs work, but I certainly wasn't able to look it up in 5 seconds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 1032004 said:

I didn't say I believed it, just relaying what was claimed.    I believe Willie said Gable was going back to Minny too, so Mineo seemed to have good info on that.   I know it could be another case of his often being "correct on some parts of the story, wrong on others"

Minnow?  The same Minnow who deletes nearly everything in his Da Roomz group as soon as he is wrong?  Him or his Jeffey Dee gf?  He also looooves to delete folks comments who actually say what they are 'raportin' and repost.

It's comical.  Minnow** thinks Spey has a spy in there, still.  Pyle also comes up often.

Cute.

Edited by nhs67
Spelled Minnow wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Minnow?  The same Minnow who deletes nearly everything in his Da Roomz group as soon as he is wrong?  Him or his Jeffey Dee gf?  He also looooves to delete folks comments who actually say what they are 'raportin' and repost.

It's comical.  Minnow** thinks Spey has a spy in there, still.  Pyle also comes up often.

Cute.

Yeah but he at least tweeted this as well.  I guess he could pull the Tucker Carlson line of he was "just asking questions" if he ends up being wrong

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Yeah but he at least tweeted this as well.  I guess he could pull the Tucker Carlson line of he was "just asking questions" if he ends up being wrong

 

 

Wow.  Accountability from Minnow?  I am impressed.  Less of a joke by the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 1032004 said:

I didn't say I believed it, just relaying what was claimed.    I believe Willie said Gable was going back to Minny too, so Mineo seemed to have good info on that.   I know it could be another case of his often being "correct on some parts of the story, wrong on others"

So you admit you posted something as fact without knowing if it was true... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dman115 said:

So you admit you posted something as fact without knowing if it was true... 

lol where did I say it was "fact"?  I specifically used the words "claimed" and "supposedly," those are anything but facts...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

lol where did I say it was "fact"?  I specifically used the words "claimed" and "supposedly," those are anything but facts...

But obviously those words mean 'fact' and not what they really mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Yeah but he at least tweeted this as well.  I guess he could pull the Tucker Carlson line of he was "just asking questions" if he ends up being wrong

So you're saying that a reasonable viewer of ordinary intelligence would know that Pat Mineo is not a credible source of news and any reasonable viewer would arrive with an appropriate amount of skepticism about the statement he makes? That sounds about right.

Edited by bnwtwg
Before you get political use your googler ppl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow...nice try and backing out of what you posted...man...you guys should be in politics.  

Supposedly Lee is transferring to Penn St. so he can get his knee's fixed.  I am not claiming it as fact because I used the word "supposedly".  And I am not personally going to look anything up to see if it is true...because I used the word "supposedly". <eye roll>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dman115 said:

Wow...nice try and backing out of what you posted...man...you guys should be in politics.  

Supposedly Lee is transferring to Penn St. so he can get his knee's fixed.  I am not claiming it as fact because I used the word "supposedly".  And I am not personally going to look anything up to see if it is true...because I used the word "supposedly". <eye roll>

C'mon man.  Now you're acting more childish than me and nearly as childish as PD2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

C'mon man.  Now you're acting more childish than me and nearly as childish as PD2.

Dude...seriously...I am okay with being compared to you in regards to my childishness (hard to argue it)...but you crossed a line with the PD2 comparison!!  Where is the angry face emoji...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dman115 said:

Dude...seriously...I am okay with being compared to you in regards to my childishness (hard to argue it)...but you crossed a line with the PD2 comparison!!  Where is the angry face emoji...

it costs a hundred bucks and the thread gets locked if you use it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...