IronChef

79kg WTT Looks Fun

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

IMart at 79kg today is not the same one that took a match from JB at 74kg.

IMart has since had serious shoulder surgery that has taken a very long time to heal, taken a coaching job which takes a lot of training time away, and gotten decked by Skatzka. came back from injury, dug deep instead of giving up which is what winners do, and pinned his (inferior) opponent by utilizing the strength of his chonky cankles.

FIFY

52 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

FIFY

Yeah that is my bad.  I remembered that precisely backwards.  For some reason I had it remembered as IMart was winning and got decked.  No.  Skatzka beat the snot out of him then got decked.

My initial statement that the last 79kg version of IMart we saw is inferior im every way aside for weight still stands.  Keep in mind that that same Skatzka got steamrolled by Starocci not too long before that, yeah?

16 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Yeah that is my bad.  I remembered that precisely backwards.  For some reason I had it remembered as IMart was winning and got decked.  No.  Skatzka beat the snot out of him then got decked.

My initial statement that the last 79kg version of IMart we saw is inferior im every way aside for weight still stands.  Keep in mind that that same Skatzka got steamrolled by Starocci not too long before that, yeah?

Absolutely agree that Imart looked brutal last time we saw him, but I assume he will be much closer to form with an additional 5 months of training.

Just now, bnwtwg said:

Absolutely agree that Imart looked brutal last time we saw him, but I assume he will be much closer to form with an additional 5 months of training.

Even with his other distractions?  New child as well as coaching gig?  I believe we saw peak form when he beat Burroughs.  That same form was one that was training with Dake a lot (Dake used him as his travel buddy).  The limited 79kg results we have from him just aren't as promising as they were for him at 74 pre-injury.  Hell when he went to Russia he didn't win a match at 79kg at either of the tournaments he went to did he?

IMar's most recent form has him in the "prove it" zone for me. He has the track record, but he needs to show that his best days aren't behind him. 

I'm excited to see what Dieringer looks like. If he is close to his best, he will be a problem for anyone up to and including Burroughs.

2 hours ago, IronChef said:

Nolf and Starocci are now in at 79kg. Not this topic, but Zain is in at 70.

Omg if we get Brooks and Hall here this could be an all time bracket.

I take Hall over Nolf and Starocci.

42 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

Well that stinks.  I was hoping maybe he would reconsider and give it one more go.

Opening an MMA gym.  Training MMA basically full time.   Training his wrestling a bit at NLWC, but basically laughed off WTT in an interview I heard. 

Opening an MMA gym.  Training MMA basically full time.   Training his wrestling a bit at NLWC, but basically laughed off WTT in an interview I heard. 

Kind of crazy to think that a guy who could have easily medaled at 86kg this year is just giving it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk