18 minutes ago, Class said:

By his own admission left Mizzou to get better at freestyle?!?!  Now at a program, HWC, that hardly fields a team at most prominent events.

Mizzou doesn't have the post-grad RTC resources that Iowa does. That's why he left. He also dreamed of being a hawkeye growing up and wanted to win a team title. I think he's fine.

Last year was a reload year. Gilman was really the only guy of his generation still wrestling and he left. Clark kept getting hurt and Brooks and Burak retired as well. Going forward, both Lugo and Eierman have had good results at 65/70. Marinelli and Kemerer could keep going at 74/79. Assad and Warner have cadet medals. Cassioppi is already competing on the senior level and will wrestle at u23 worlds soon. And obviously Spencer.

24 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Mizzou doesn't have the post-grad RTC resources that Iowa does. That's why he left. He also dreamed of being a hawkeye growing up and wanted to win a team title. I think he's fine.

Last year was a reload year. Gilman was really the only guy of his generation still wrestling and he left. Clark kept getting hurt and Brooks and Burak retired as well. Going forward, both Lugo and Eierman have had good results at 65/70. Marinelli and Kemerer could keep going at 74/79. Assad and Warner have cadet medals. Cassioppi is already competing on the senior level and will wrestle at u23 worlds soon. And obviously Spencer.

Eierman said publicly he went to Iowa to win an individual national championship. Full stop. Eierman then spent two years learning under the Brands brothers to effectively wrestle exactly the same as he did at Mizzou. Eierman at Mizzou and Eierman at Iowa are the same dudes. 

And I'd love to see the IOWA RTC 'resources' after this COVID year. For some reason, we haven't heard diddly squat about the new Iowa Training Center since March 2020. 

Just now, Plasmodium said:

All the females left HWC as well.   Olympic trials was astonishingly void of Hawkeyes. Hope they turn it around.

They are broke. The Iowa AD admitted it will take 10 years to get back to even. AD Gary Barta already cut 4 sports and said his department was short $60 million dollars. Plus they are facing multiple lawsuits for cutting a bunch of women's scholarships. 

They have Spencer if his body doesn't implode and basically no one else. And if Big Ten Commissioner Kevin Warren would have gotten his way, Iowa would be in a $100 million budget crisis and Terry Brands would be hawking lemonade outside of Carver. 

5 minutes ago, MizzouGrad said:

Eierman said publicly he went to Iowa to win an individual national championship. Full stop. Eierman then spent two years learning under the Brands brothers to effectively wrestle exactly the same as he did at Mizzou. Eierman at Mizzou and Eierman at Iowa are the same dudes. 

And I'd love to see the IOWA RTC 'resources' after this COVID year. For some reason, we haven't heard diddly squat about the new Iowa Training Center since March 2020. 

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/training-facility.364223/

Your commitment to being wrong is commendable. 

Edited by uncle bernard

1 minute ago, MizzouGrad said:

They are broke. The Iowa AD admitted it will take 10 years to get back to even. AD Gary Barta already cut 4 sports and said his department was short $60 million dollars. Plus they are facing multiple lawsuits for cutting a bunch of women's scholarships. 

They have Spencer if his body doesn't implode and basically no one else. And if Big Ten Commissioner Kevin Warren would have gotten his way, Iowa would be in a $100 million budget crisis and Terry Brands would be hawking lemonade outside of Carver. 

One thing that might help you going forward is having a basic understanding of how things work. The HWC is not connected to the Iowa Athletic Department. That would be against the rules. Two different budgets. One is dictated by the state government. The other is private.

1 minute ago, uncle bernard said:

One thing that might help you going forward is having a basic understanding of how things work. The HWC is not connected to the Iowa Athletic Department. That would be against the rules. Two different budgets. One is dictated by the state government. The other is private.

I understand how they work. It's not exactly a new concept. 

And if the building has started, where is the news article? Where is the local boosters posing with shovels and hardhats? I don't see diddly squat outside of some random poster on a message board. Where is the big splashy email campaign announcing it? 

I understand how they work. It's not exactly a new concept. 

And if the building has started, where is the news article? Where is the local boosters posing with shovels and hardhats? I don't see diddly squat outside of some random poster on a message board. Where is the big splashy email campaign announcing it? 

Well if you could read, you would have seen that they are expected to close out the campaign at the end of the year. I would expect an announcement there. Also, why would they be building right now??? You understand these things take time to plan and design right?

Just now, uncle bernard said:

Well if you could read, you would have seen that they are expected to close out the campaign at the end of the year. I would expect an announcement there. Also, why would they be building right now??? You understand these things take time to plan and design right?

According to 1984 club, the designs were done years ago and they already had an architect design the concept and GC lined up. 

Here's the link: https://nineteen84.club/2019/08/12/the-definitive-guide-to-the-new-hawkeye-wrestling-facility/

You shouldn't argue with someone who works in the Chicago construction business. I've forgotten more than you will ever know. 

Just now, MizzouGrad said:

According to 1984 club, the designs were done years ago and they already had an architect design the concept and GC lined up. 

Here's the link: https://nineteen84.club/2019/08/12/the-definitive-guide-to-the-new-hawkeye-wrestling-facility/

You shouldn't argue with someone who works in the Chicago construction business. I've forgotten more than you will ever know. 

If the designs were done years ago, don't you think they could possibly need an update? Also, if you are in the construction business, then you should know how delayed things can get for even the most trivial reasons. 

3 minutes ago, snapspinscore said:

If the designs were done years ago, don't you think they could possibly need an update? Also, if you are in the construction business, then you should know how delayed things can get for even the most trivial reasons. 

Woah woah woah don't question Bob the Builder over here. Not like we're still in the middle of a pandemic that shut down the global economy. There's simply no reason this building hasn't been built yet.

Just now, snapspinscore said:

The only 'delays' is raising the money since the University of Iowa already said they wouldn't contribute a single penny to the construction of the facility. I'm sure Barta would love to have the $30-45 million in the athletic department war chest versus going to a standalone wrestling facility for a sport that is annually in the red. 

And take it from someone who understands MEP engineering, once the initial design is conceived and the drawings are issued for permit, there is no going back. Maybe Iowa hasn't done that yet, but if so, they will need to raise more money to update any designs. MEP and architecture firms love a good change-order for another 100k if Iowa wants to tweak the walls/fixtures/layout.

Woah woah woah don't question Bob the Builder over here. Not like we're still in the middle of a pandemic that shut down the global economy. There's simply no reason this building hasn't been built yet.

It hasn't been built because they don't have the money. Construction industry is BOOMING right now. 

39 minutes ago, MizzouGrad said:

Eierman said publicly he went to Iowa to win an individual national championship. Full stop. 

Link?

According to this, he decided to transfer after losing at U23 Worlds.  Seems weird that that decision would be about winning an NCAA title

https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sports/college/iowa/wrestling/2021/01/14/why-jaydin-eierman-left-his-hometown-come-wrestle-iowa-hawkeyes/6655013002/

43 minutes ago, MizzouGrad said:

Eierman said publicly he went to Iowa to win an individual national championship. Full stop.

no. not full stop.

that's false. Jaydin specifically mentioned the RTC (or lack thereof at MIZZ)

22 minutes ago, MizzouGrad said:

The only 'delays' is raising the money since the University of Iowa already said they wouldn't contribute a single penny to the construction of the facility. I'm sure Barta would love to have the $30-45 million in the athletic department war chest versus going to a standalone wrestling facility for a sport that is annually in the red. 

And take it from someone who understands MEP engineering, once the initial design is conceived and the drawings are issued for permit, there is no going back. Maybe Iowa hasn't done that yet, but if so, they will need to raise more money to update any designs. MEP and architecture firms love a good change-order for another 100k if Iowa wants to tweak the walls/fixtures/layout.

I work at a fellow big ten university. do you have any idea how slow these bureaucracies move? All non-essential projects were shut down during covid, mostly because nobody knew what the budget from the state government was going to look like on the backend. You now have a year long backlog that has to be caught up on. My office area was approved for new carpet a year and a half ago, funded by a donor. The new ETA is next summer. And that's just a few hundred square feet of carpet. Get a grip Bob.

10 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

no. not full stop.

that's false. Jaydin specifically mentioned the RTC (or lack thereof at MIZZ)

Oh, I forgot, you are closer to the program than anyone else. My bad! 

Mizzou has an RTC. Unlike IOWA, Mizzou wasn't throwing money at any and everyone. That's why Mizzou didn't have a PR disaster like Iowa when it cut the entire woman's program.

Plus, like John Smith, Mizzou sees an RTC as a massive potential lawsuit waiting to happen. 

2 hours ago, Class said:

By his own admission left Mizzou to get better at freestyle?!?!  Now at a program, HWC, that hardly fields a team at most prominent events.

He is entered in WTT. Seems pretty prominent (the W stands for World).

Perhaps he even got better. We won't have to wait long to find out.

And no Nick Lee yet. So bonus for Eierman.

Edited by Wrestleknownothing

Mizzou has an RTC. Unlike IOWA, Mizzou wasn't throwing money at any and everyone. That's why Mizzou didn't have a PR disaster like Iowa when it cut the entire woman's program.

Plus, like John Smith, Mizzou sees an RTC as a massive potential lawsuit waiting to happen. 

Yeah you have to be close to the Iowa program to listen to the dozens of interviews Jaydin has given on the subject lmao.

Where does J'Den Cox train btw? Where is this Mizzou RTC? Who is training there at the senior level?

5 minutes ago, MizzouGrad said:

1. I didn't say i was closer to the program than you

2. Jaydin said it with his own mouth ya dummy. 

Yeah you have to be close to the Iowa program to listen to the dozens of interviews Jaydin has given on the subject lmao.

Where does J'Den Cox train btw? Where is this Mizzou RTC? Who is training there at the senior level?

Dom Bradley. Next. 

And according to Brian Smith, Cox moved to Colorado Springs because he was constantly hounded in Columbia to give speeches, sign autographs and used by the University for all sorts of things. J'den was getting worn down and needed a place where he was basically anonymous. 

There is a reason why Cox has never moved to Columbus or New Jersey despite being affiliated with those RTCs - because he enjoys training with Kevin Jackson and being anonymous.