Pinnum

Clarion Wrestling New Facility Tour Video

9 minutes ago, gowrestle said:

Hopefully Clarion University does not close or consolidate with another PA school. The Pennsylvania state college system is down thousands of students. 

Some of my favorite schools to root for are the lower profile D1 colleges in places where wrestling means something:

Lehigh, Clarion, Rider, Edinboro, Lock Haven, Northern Illinois, Kent State, Ohio U, Southern Illinois Edwardsville, Central Michigan, Buffalo, Cleveland St, Bloomsburg, Binghamton

On 8/21/2021 at 11:59 PM, flyingcement said:

Some of my favorite schools to root for are the lower profile D1 colleges in places where wrestling means something:

Lehigh, Clarion, Rider, Edinboro, Lock Haven, Northern Illinois, Kent State, Ohio U, Southern Illinois Edwardsville, Central Michigan, Buffalo, Cleveland St, Bloomsburg, Binghamton

Slippery Rock and Miami of Ohio were also fun to root for, but I know that you were just listing current programs. 

On 8/22/2021 at 12:43 AM, gowrestle said:

Hopefully Clarion University does not close or consolidate with another PA school. The Pennsylvania state college system is down thousands of students. 

I thought they did? Weren't they in that crop of schools over there that consolidated under one label?

49 minutes ago, snapspinscore said:

I thought they did? Weren't they in that crop of schools over there that consolidated under one label?

To repeat, to the best of my knowledge (And I believe Willie agreed) various schools are consolidating but administratively not athletically. They will retain their own athletic identities.

Obviously, if they were to close that would be different.

20 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

To repeat, to the best of my knowledge (And I believe Willie agreed) various schools are consolidating but administratively not athletically. They will retain their own athletic identities.

Obviously, if they were to close that would be different.

This was also my understanding.  Hopefully its not the first step toward an eventual consolidation of the athletic teams.  

8 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

This was also my understanding.  Hopefully its not the first step toward an eventual consolidation of the athletic teams.  

Considering the distances involved, consolidating athletically would be interesting.

20 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

Considering the distances involved, consolidating athletically would be interesting.

What it will do is cut general academic majors from the schools. Example, you might not be able to get a teaching degree at Lock Haven cause they'll focus on health sciences. 

While athletically they'll remain the same, student-athletes will have to make tough decisions about their education vs athletics.