Bozak2018

Amos vs Ferrari

Snyder is 25.

With how technology, coaching, and training/recovery tendencies we could see him improving still for the next 3-5 years or quite possibly longer.

Take JB for example.  I don't think he has regressed at all.  I think we sill see that at Worlds this year when he dismantles everybody with ease.  We will see that the competition scouted him and also kept improving.  And he is 32!

I don't think we see anybody that is currently in college right now overtake Snyder.  He is just that good and, as Basch said on his post-Oly podcast, the most disrespected wrestler we have.  If he is still pushing it at 32 like JB it will be because he believes in himself and those around him and it will be because he is a worlds contender.  If that is the case you're talking that it is quite possible the next guy to be able to take him is wrestling 170 and a Soph/Junior in high school, or something 

I believe the only wrestler who is sniffing him in a best of three domestically is J'Den Cox.  I believe Snyder wins that best of three still, too.

Also the disrespect for Moore is a bit perplexing too.  Yes he lost to Karimi at 97kg at Poland, okay.

He beat him at 92kg at the Matteo Pellicone.  92kg is the weight Karimi earned Silver at the last time it was competed at for Worlds.  He had a bronze in 2018 and did the best against Cox that tournament as well.  Karimi is very, very good at 92kg.  92kg would be Moore's weight to lose (domestically) were we not blessed with the Matrix 

Edited by nhs67

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Also the disrespect for Moore is a bit perplexing too.  Yes he lost to Karimi at 97kg at Poland, okay.

He beat him at 92kg at the Matteo Pellicone.  92kg is the weight Karimi earned Silver at the last time it was competed at for Worlds.  He had a bronze in 2018 and did the best against Cox that tournament as well.  Karimi is very, very good at 92kg.  92kg would be Moore's weight to lose (domestically) were we not blessed with the Matrix 

Agreed on the lack of support for the current #2 guy at 97kg that is also young and seemingly improving.  Moore at 92kg will be an extremely tough out, and I have him beating Cox.  Granted, I'm making a long shot prediction, but Moore is very very good in his own right, and we have seen him take out all other domestic competition most recently with the exception of Snyder.  Moore is elite, and is knocking on the door of world elite loudly.

18 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Bo Nickal is legitimately the second best guy at 3 weights: 86, 92, 97.  What a bummer.

He really is.  Makes no sense why he is stepping away.  He should at least take another shot at J'Den for 92.  You never know, J'Den could miss weigh-ins again.

12 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Huh?  "Bo Nickal is legitimately the second best guy..."  

The US team is 86 Taylor, 92 Cox, 97 Snyder. Nickal could go any of those weights and be #2. Your scenario requires Taylor to go 92, and I think we can all agree that Taylor is never going to bump to 92 in his prime unless he develops a weird fetish to seek revenge against Cox and win a non-oly weight world title.

20 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

The US team is 86 Taylor, 92 Cox, 97 Snyder. Nickal could go any of those weights and be #2. Your scenario requires Taylor to go 92, and I think we can all agree that Taylor is never going to bump to 92 in his prime unless he develops a weird fetish to seek revenge against Cox and win a non-oly weight world title.

Ok, you mean he could go to any of those weights and be second best as long as no one else goes to any other weights.

22 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

If the right promoter throws enough money at him and the Tank (say both win worlds this year) perhaps a match at 92kg isn't out of the question.

Man would I love that sort of thing.

On 9/3/2021 at 11:07 PM, jchapman said:

Ok, you mean he could go to any of those weights and be second best as long as no one else goes to any other weights.

Is DT going to clone himself and go two weights?

The point is that Nickal could go any of those three weights at trials and he be ahead of the rest of the field - though he’d still come 2nd as he isn’t good enough to beat DT, Cox or Snyder at any of those weights.

Edited by wamba