Sign in to follow this  
The Take Out

Iowa State And Kansas to the Big Ten

39 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Hmmmm, almost a day old and crickets from the peanut gallery.   Ouch.  LOL

Hey.  My mom still thinks I am beautiful.  That is what matters most.

And that she brings me my meals 4x a day.

Also snacks and drink refreshments twice between meals.

Keyboard Warrior MD is a tiring profession, but the mum's basement thing helps a lot as far as convenience goes.

On 8/25/2021 at 10:07 AM, nhs67 said:

When they went through and added Nebraska/Maryland, one of the stipulations was that they offered the same NCAA sports/opportunities was it not, as well as adhering to the academic criteria that all other institutions did?  I know Nebraska has since fallen a bit academically, though.

Apologies for the run-on sentence.  I'm a medical doctor, per Bratke, not an English professor.

Nebraska did not fall at all academically. They were dropped because their medical center, (one of the best in the world) was on a different campus, and though they function as a single school, were treated as two.

4 minutes ago, Coachp said:

Nebraska did not fall at all academically. They were dropped because their medical center, (one of the best in the world) was on a different campus, and though they function as a single school, were treated as two.

While what you said is true, that still makes what I said technically true as well.  Their academics have fallen off a bit since they were designated as two schools, since the one school was carrying the load of the other?

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

While what you said is true, that still makes what I said technically true as well.  Their academics have fallen off a bit since they were designated as two schools, since the one school was carrying the load of the other?

Or we could just say that the academics were never there but no one at the b10 was smart enough to figure out that their academics never met the minimum.  

On 8/25/2021 at 9:48 AM, wrestlingphish said:

It is not and has never been a requirement that Big Ten schools have a wrestling team.

Apparently having a football team is not a requirement either.  Since 2009 Kansas is 7-98 in the Big 12, and have never won more that 1 conference game in a season during that time.  If it weren't for basketball, they'd be a damn solid DII school.

Edited by KCMO2

14 minutes ago, KCMO2 said:

Apparently having a football team is not a requirement either.  Since 2009 Kansas is 7-98 in the Big 12, and have never won more that 1 conference game in a season during that time.  If it weren't for basketball, they'd be a damn solid DII school.

As my dad used to say, the dog would have caught the rabbit IF it hadn't stop to take a dump.  Turns out, money is money.

Every State should have its top State University offer sports that are supported with High School programs. 

Most States offer Wrestling in High School so should have a University with a wrestling team.

Not having it tells these kids they are not valued and not wanted.

1 hour ago, Casper said:

Every State should have its top State University offer sports that are supported with High School programs. 

Most States offer Wrestling in High School so should have a University with a wrestling team.

To be frank, they are no longer children after high school.  If they are to make a decision to structure their beginning adult years around, they should not be expecting participation ribbons for merely existing.

3 hours ago, Casper said:

I hate this take and I can't articulate all the reasons why but I do.

1 hour ago, wrestlingphish said:

I hate this take and I can't articulate all the reasons why but I do.

Is it the whole 'participation' trophy mentality?

You earn your take in Wrestling.  Our kind don't take kindly to gifts and handouts.  We have to prove we deserve it.

25 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Is it the whole 'participation' trophy mentality?

You earn your take in Wrestling.  Our kind don't take kindly to gifts and handouts.  We have to prove we deserve it.

Every college program that doesn't break even or better subsists on handouts.  The handouts are often from BB, which is a bit humiliating for some some of our kind!