NJDan

Vito Arujau tests Postive

From Mike Grey's e-mail:

"On the freestyle side of things, the World Team Trials are coming up September 11th-12th and we will have a strong contingent, per usual. Unfortunately, Vito tested positive for Covid a few weeks out from the Trials so he will not be participating. Fortunately, he only experienced a few mild symptoms upon his diagnosis and is already on the mend."

I assume this means that Vito was not vaccinated (though it's not 100%) which is crazy for him and his teammates. It's possible that Vito got a breakthrough infection despite being vaccinated. But it that was the case, Grey probably would have said so.

I read recently that UVA and (I think) Ohio State are requiring all students to be vaccinated. Are other colleges following suit or are they at least requiring a vaccine for athletes?

1 hour ago, flyingcement said:

It's definitely not safe to assume someone who has Covid was not vaccinated.  Happy to hear he is on the mend.  Shame about the timing related to the Trials.  

Yeah, if anything the fact that he only experienced mild symptoms would point toward his being vaxxed.

4 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

Why would it take him out already? Even 14 days is over by then. I think usually more like 10 and possibly sooner with an early positive test.

This seems super weird especially if he only had 'mild symptoms'. Maybe he absolutely ballooned up in weight trying to recover but still... its over two weeks out.

I also wonder what sort of precautions some of these top level wrestlers are taking before trials. Not going to tell people how to live their lives but you would think you would really start looking at your day to day to minimize risk leading up to something like this. A drummer from a band I am a fan of just finished a mini run on tour and they tested themselves every day, no one backstage at shows, no going out in between shows, take out food only, masks when not in hotel room or on stage, etc etc etc. Not because they live in fear or think they will die if they get COVID but because this is their livelihood and they wanted to do everything they could to minimize risk. 

23 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

@wrestlingphish,

Band I follow is requiring proof of vaccination and a negative test within 48-72hrs of show for all concert goers. 

Many are at this point. Once Jason Isbell made that his policy, many many more followed suit. 

This is more from the band's perspective. Daily testing of the band, roadies, driver, all support staff and completely isolated themselves as they traveled for 16 days. No contact with people outside their circle unless it was absolutely necessary. Now, that would be very hard for NCAA athletes as classes start but I would be doing anything I could to minimize contact especially if I really thought I had a chance to be a world champion. Small price to pay for $50K and fulfilling your dreams IMO. 

13 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

Thanks for the positive contribution. 

You're welcome.

I also just confirmed that a band I am supposed to go see just made it mandatory too.  I didn't even think to check it, since I never received any sort of email or text notification letting us know.

Luckily for me they will be providing me with a full refund within the next 3-5 business days.

Thank you to @Mphillips for giving me a heads up I should be checking for that sort of sonsense.

On 8/26/2021 at 9:31 AM, nhs67 said:

Luckily for me they will be providing me with a full refund within the next 3-5 business days.

Thank you to @Mphillips for giving me a heads up I should be checking for that sort of sonsense.

Gonna cut you a check for $7.50...

Edited by Mphillips

14 hours ago, calot said:

He would've had to stop training for 10 days which would mean he's not in top shape . I can understand not going 

If he had very minor symptoms (which it sounds like is the case) why would he have to stop training for 10 days?  Serious question.  I can see not being able to practice with the team, but there are a lot of things he could be doing to maintain where he was at.  Maybe it was a lot more serious than what I have read?

Just hate seeing people loose out on opportunities for stuff like this and where the risk to the individual and those around them is so minimal.

ugh...  Must be hard living in the world of one off extremes...

One off?

Pericarditis is a common symptom in people that have symptomatic COVID-19 infections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Le duke said:

One off?

Pericarditis is a common symptom in people that have symptomatic COVID-19 infections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and also the vaccines:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/26/fda-adds-warning-of-rare-heart-inflammation-to-pfizer-moderna-vaccines.html

On 8/27/2021 at 10:03 AM, dman115 said:

If he had very minor symptoms (which it sounds like is the case) why would he have to stop training for 10 days?  Serious question.  I can see not being able to practice with the team, but there are a lot of things he could be doing to maintain where he was at.  Maybe it was a lot more serious than what I have read?

Just hate seeing people loose out on opportunities for stuff like this and where the risk to the individual and those around them is so minimal.

I could be wrong but I believe at Cornell you’re not supposed to leave your room.  He may not be quarantined on campus though.

7 hours ago, Le duke said:

5 hours ago, Gasman1 said:

Really? The statement you responded to said common.

If you actually read the article-

About 300 million shots had been administered as of June 11, according to the CDC. There have been just 12.6 heart inflammation cases per million doses for both vaccines combined.

That's hardly common

1 hour ago, gimpeltf said:

Really? The statement you responded to said common.

If you actually read the article-

About 300 million shots had been administered as of June 11, according to the CDC. There have been just 12.6 heart inflammation cases per million doses for both vaccines combined.

That's hardly common

not only is that a rare side effect, the URL literally says "rare". the FDA adds warnings about rare but non-zero risks.

Edited by ugarte

On 8/29/2021 at 5:21 AM, klehner said:

Do you know the difference between “common” and “rare”?

You should be asking Le Duke that!  He thinks no one should exercise if they get the Covid because of a rare chance there may be heart problems.  Wonder how you and guys like him even cross the road...you know there is a risk you could be hit by a car....remember that one time that poor little kid got hit by a car??

6 minutes ago, dman115 said:

You should be asking Le Duke that!  He thinks no one should exercise if they get the Covid because of a rare chance there may be heart problems.  Wonder how you and guys like him even cross the road...you know there is a risk you could be hit by a car....remember that one time that poor little kid got hit by a car??

TLDR: No, he does not.

Are we able to not make posts political?

Are the days of DBag trolls, such as myself, ruining threads?  Now we just have guys who are regular DBags and online keyboard warrior DBags being DBags and ruining threads?

It would be nice to see one thread not derailed by political nonsense or to see one be derailed by someone just being a Plain Jane troll. 

Ya'll are starting to make me miss PD2 and his A$$hattery.  At least his nonsense is about wrestling, or the very least a wrestler.