NJDan

Vito Arujau tests Postive

You should be asking Le Duke that!  He thinks no one should exercise if they get the Covid because of a rare chance there may be heart problems.  Wonder how you and guys like him even cross the road...you know there is a risk you could be hit by a car....remember that one time that poor little kid got hit by a car??

No, I think that people should consult qualified medical professionals before resuming intense exercise, instead of listening to the collective “wisdom” of the internet and potentially doing themselves long-term harm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, Le duke said:

No, I think that people should consult qualified medical professionals before resuming intense exercise, instead of listening to the collective “wisdom” of the internet and potentially doing themselves long-term harm.

So he should listen to the collective "wisdom" of the internet and miss out on opportunities that he didn't need to miss out on...got it.  <eye roll>  You do realize that you have ZERO knowledge of him consulting with "qualified medical professionals" nor what they told him and why, if he did?  Or does this only work one way...you get to spew overly extreme potential risks associated with Covid to some how prove a point, but others can't simply say, "I hate that he missed out on something due to the overwhelmingly supporting data that says he will be fine and is really no risk to himself or anyone else"?? 

Again, how do you live your life at the such extremes...it must be exhausting??

11 hours ago, ugarte said:

i assume he dropped out because he has symptoms that are bad enough to mess up his training regimen and moving up a weight (since Gilman is blocking him) at less than 100% just doesn't seem worth it. he's probably right.

This!!  Logic points to this as to what probably happened...really sucks as if this was the flu, he probably would have worked through it and no one would have known otherwise and he wouldn't have missed out on this opportunity.

So he should listen to the collective "wisdom" of the internet and miss out on opportunities that he didn't need to miss out on...got it.    You do realize that you have ZERO knowledge of him consulting with "qualified medical professionals" nor what they told him and why, if he did?  Or does this only work one way...you get to spew overly extreme potential risks associated with Covid to some how prove a point, but others can't simply say, "I hate that he missed out on something due to the overwhelmingly supporting data that says he will be fine and is really no risk to himself or anyone else"?? 
Again, how do you live your life at the such extremes...it must be exhausting??

No, he should listen to a qualified medical practitioner to avoid the example I posted. Which is something they would consider when telling him when he can resume training.

I thought the point I was making was fairly obvious, but apparently I have to spell everything out for you.

1 hour ago, dman115 said:

This!!  Logic points to this as to what probably happened...really sucks as if this was the flu, he probably would have worked through it and no one would have known otherwise and he wouldn't have missed out on this opportunity.

This does suck for him, but I  look for good things to happen for him.  He is putting a lot in and he'll get returns. 

Suriano had it worse and others had it even it worse than him.  Bad situation all the way around.

4 hours ago, Le duke said:

No, he should listen to a qualified medical practitioner to avoid the example I posted. Which is something they would consider when telling him when he can resume training.

I thought the point I was making was fairly obvious, but apparently I have to spell everything out for you.

Ohhh...I get it...you are telling the qualified medical practitioner's what they should consider when consulting with an athlete??  <eye roll>  And you are more concerned about whether they make sure he is aware of the extremely rare risk associated with Covid versus discussing the overwhelming data that says he will be fine and would be no danger to himself or others??  SMH....what is it you need to spell out for me again??

I know an athlete on a good D1 wrestling team.  Got Covid.  It was a bit of a process to get him cleared. Had to get a CT scan of heart and, I think, another organ.  Had to have doctor agree to restart training.  There are concerns that the school/team are taking seriously.

5 minutes ago, nom said:

I know an athlete on a good D1 wrestling team.  Got Covid.  It was a bit of a process to get him cleared. Had to get a CT scan of heart and, I think, another organ.  Had to have doctor agree to restart training.  There are concerns that the school/team are taking seriously.

Not surprised.  I am sure there are universities out there that take every precaution and are SUPER risk adverse.  I know of a D1 athlete that got Covid and was able to get a negative test within a week and returned to practice...no CT, no discussion of the rare risks associated with Covid, etc...just one negative tests...actually I think it was 3 within that week. 

Not trying to be a jerk, just making a point that there are different perspectives and ways things are handled.  Me personally I am more in line with not taking opportunities away if at all possible, BECAUSE, the data is overwhelming that college athletes will not be effected by this very seriously, if at all (yes I know there are extreme cases where they are but look at the data).

People and organizations fall at different parts of the risk aversion spectrum.  Add to that the large multitude of situational considerations and how people internalize a potential ‘benefit.’  Different strokes for different folks.  

3 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Maybe in the past but this is definitely not true now. Yianni looks like he'll be going 149. 

Cornell's roster is now posted, and Yianni (and Saunders) are listed at 141.  Why does he look like he'll be going 149?

3 hours ago, nom said:

I’m not believing Vito walks around heavier than Yianni.  Not saying impossible, but doesn’t pass the sniff test to me.

Not sure what you are sniffing but its happened many times before, see Joe Smith for a recent obvious example.  ;)

14 minutes ago, ionel said:

Not sure what you are sniffing but its happened many times before, see Joe Smith for a recent obvious example.  ;)

People need to keep in mind that Vito is also two inches taller than Cornell Greek Man.

56 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

People need to keep in mind that Vito is also two inches taller than Cornell Greek Man.

The Cornell page says one inch, but whatever.  Anyone who has ever stood next to Vito and Yianni would not think that Vito *ever* weighs more than Yianni.

Has anyone ever seen Vito gassed at the end of a match at 125 or 57kg?

Is this even really a question?  Lost to a guy with a broken foot after starting out with a big lead in Fort Worth in April.  

6-0 lead on Fix in 2019 US Open, then got teched... looked pretty gassed to me.

Those are two off the top of my head.  

7 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

Is this even really a question?  Lost to a guy with a broken foot after starting out with a big lead in Fort Worth in April.  

6-0 lead on Fix in 2019 US Open, then got teched... looked pretty gassed to me.

Those are two off the top of my head.  

He didn't gas against Fix:  he got beaten by a better wrestler on the day.

What happened in that second match against Gilman?

Not all late losses are the result of gassing due to a savage weight cut.