Lunaticfringe

Vaccination retirement

It’s been reported locally in Minnesota that the Vikings have the lowest vaccine rate in The NFL and 3 players have said they will retire if the are told they have to vaccinate to play. Have any wrestlers said this because it’s probably coming? I assume all olympians were forced to vaccinate

2 minutes ago, Lunaticfringe said:

I assume all olympians were forced to vaccinate

Bad assumption.  Not sure about the vax rate for the wrestling travel party.

"Based on information from athletes’ history forms, 606 of the 709 American Olympians or alternates who responded – or 85% – are vaccinated, USOPC spokesman Jon Mason told USA TODAY Sports on Monday."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2021/07/26/2021-olympics-there-price-pay-usas-unvaccinated-athletes/8089764002/

The vaccine is as safe as aspirin and it'll help keep this global pandemic from becoming even worse than it already is.

People freaked out about the 12 US Military that died in Kabul today (understandably, and god rest their souls.) Yet - today - 13 people died from COVID - just in Minnesota. It's shameful that we don't do our best to prevent these deaths.

To try our best - vaccination is a how we get there.

To not try our best is shameful.

33 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

The vaccine is as safe as aspirin and it'll help keep this global pandemic from becoming even worse than it already is.

People freaked out about the 12 US Military that died in Kabul today (understandably, and god rest their souls.) Yet - today - 13 people died from COVID - just in Minnesota. It's shameful that we don't do our best to prevent these deaths.

Stop.

1 hour ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/minnesota/articles/2021-05-04/drug-overdose-deaths-up-27-in-minnesota-in-2020 
Minnesota has bigger issues then 13 people dying from the flu , and I would bet that out of the 13 atleast 10 were probably 75 + yrs old . ...meanwhile kids are ODing at records number and people like you bug out over 13 people dying out of a population of 5.8 million ...you seem to lack persecutive of how many people really die every year  and everyday in America 

and comparing 12 young men killed by cowards 3000 miles away In absolute clusterf**k of a situation to 13 people dying of COVID is absolutely ridiculous, you should just go back and erase that post 

Edited by Antitroll2828

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/minnesota/articles/2021-05-04/drug-overdose-deaths-up-27-in-minnesota-in-2020 
Minnesota has bigger issues then 13 people dying from the flu , and I would bet that out of the 13 atleast 10 were probably 75 + yrs old . ...meanwhile kids are ODing at records number and people like you bug out over 13 people dying out of a population of 5.8 million ...you seem to lack persecutive of how many people really die every year  and everyday in America 

and comparing 12 young men killed by cowards 3000 miles away In absolute clusterf**k of a situation to 13 people dying of COVID is absolutely ridiculous, you should just go back and erase that post 

If standing next to a drug addict spread that addiction, and there was a vaccine for  drug addiction, that vaccine would be mandated.  Drugs are also controlled or illegal, exactly  because of the death/destruction they can cause.  So your comparison to drug use  doesn't minimize the severity of the situation.  

Since HIV emerged, 700,000 people have died from AIDS (40 years).  In the past 18 months, 630,000 have died from covid.  ~10,000 died in Iraq, Afghanistan, and 9/11 combined.  That comparison doesn't minimize the severity of the latter, but rather emphasizes exactly why there will be vaccine mandates throughout society. Covid should eventually go away-but the vaccidiots and delta variant have dragged this out way longer than I, for one, expected. To be honest, they should have been mandated months ago.  

As for vaccine retirements..I expect that it will vary university to university.  I have 0 doubt that people like Tom Ryan will continue to  get away with selfish antivax behavior because he has power and resources to fight the system. Places like Cornell, Stanford, and Minnesota will likely have a significantly more strict policy.  I think it will be almost impossible for incoming students to get around the vaccine mandates, and the testing/quarantine protocols will probably lead to significant pressure from most coaches to ensure the entire team is vaccinated.  

Edited by Billyhoyle

40 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

If standing next to a drug addict spread that addiction, and there was a vaccine for  drug addiction, that vaccine would be mandated.  Drugs are also controlled or illegal, exactly  because of the death/destruction they can cause.  So your comparison to drug use  doesn't minimize the severity of the situation.  

Since HIV emerged, 700,000 people have died from AIDS (40 years).  In the past 18 months, 630,000 have died from covid.  ~10,000 died in Iraq, Afghanistan, and 9/11 combined.  That comparison doesn't minimize the severity of the latter, but rather emphasizes exactly why there will be vaccine mandates throughout society. Covid should eventually go away-but the vaccidiots and delta variant have dragged this out way longer than I, for one, expected. To be honest, they should have been mandated months ago.  

As for vaccine retirements..I expect that it will vary university to university.  I have 0 doubt that people like Tom Ryan will continue to  get away with selfish antivax behavior because he has power and resources to fight the system. Places like Cornell, Stanford, and Minnesota will likely have a significantly more strict policy.  I think it will be almost impossible for incoming students to get around the vaccine mandates, and the testing/quarantine protocols will probably lead to significant pressure from most coaches to ensure the entire team is vaccinated.  

Right so the employees of Pzfier and moderna don’t have to take the vaccine and the companies are completely free of liability but completely healthy college athletes who aren’t at risk of anything more than the flu really should be forced to take it or be denied of an opportunity they worked their entire lives for? And the rest of the population that’s unvaccinated for whatever reasoning they have need to be forced ? Do you actually believe this crap you post? Also you keep saying vaccine ...by definition this isn’t a vaccine at all , it’s a therapy....idk how they managed to change the definition of vaccine overnight and then somehow supposedly educated people just nod their heads and repeat the nonsense over and over ..

8 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

I’m not necessarily disagreeing with you but going political the 4th post in has to be a record.

5 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

Places like Cornell, Stanford, and Minnesota will likely have a significantly more strict policy.  I think it will be almost impossible for incoming students to get around the vaccine mandates, and the testing/quarantine protocols will probably lead to significant pressure from most coaches to ensure the entire team is vaccinated.  

"Accordingly, Cornell intends to require vaccination for students returning to Ithaca, Geneva, and Cornell Tech campuses for the fall semester. "

10 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Actually you seem to be the one lacking perspective about how many people die every year and every year in America.   2020 was the largest year over year increase in total deaths since 1918, with spikes in excess deaths aligning closely with surges in covid deaths.

And if we're being specific, almost 8,000 people in Minnesota have been killed by "the flu" in the last 16 months, including ~77 under the age of 40.    Covid, the military deaths and drug overdoses are all tragedies.    But you also seem to be implying the drug overdoses were caused by "lockdowns."  Living through a once in a century pandemic that has killed over 600k people sadly probably had a big impact on those numbers as well.

I don't really agree with vaccines being mandated though.

Edited by 1032004

So those on their high horse who know what is best for everyone else and think their way of thinking is how ALL people should think, please answer me this...if you are vaccinated, didn't you do your part for the greater good?  Didn't you do exactly what YOU are preaching??  Aren't you confident that you have drastically reduced the chance you will be symptomatic, and more importantly not at risk of dying?  Thus, why do you care who chooses to be more at risk than yourself??  Seriously, why does that bother you that others have different perspectives and thoughts around what is okay from a risk perspective than you?  The only thing I can think of is you are concerned for the 0.0001% of the population that, for very specific medical reasons, can't get vaccinated?  Hate to break it to you but that is the crappy hand they were dealt in life and probably have a lot more things to worry about than Covid. 

Have yet to hear any of the pushers for mandatory vaccines be able to answer these questions...I'll wait for Billy...for kehlner, etc.

I did my part for the "greater good" of society...to me it is on those that chose to not get vaccinated and get sick, and God forbid die.  I for one will never life in a country that forces their citizens to take a medicine they do not want to take...nor walk around with a vaccine passport...are you f'ing kidding me!?!?

15 minutes ago, dman115 said:

So those on their high horse who know what is best for everyone else and think their way of thinking is how ALL people should think, please answer me this...if you are vaccinated, didn't you do your part for the greater good?  Didn't you do exactly what YOU are preaching??  Aren't you confident that you have drastically reduced the chance you will be symptomatic, and more importantly not at risk of dying?  Thus, why do you care who chooses to be more at risk than yourself??  Seriously, why does that bother you that others have different perspectives and thoughts around what is okay from a risk perspective than you?  The only thing I can think of is you are concerned for the 0.0001% of the population that, for very specific medical reasons, can't get vaccinated?  Hate to break it to you but that is the crappy hand they were dealt in life and probably have a lot more things to worry about than Covid. 

Have yet to hear any of the pushers for mandatory vaccines be able to answer these questions...I'll wait for Billy...for kehlner, etc.

I did my part for the "greater good" of society...to me it is on those that chose to not get vaccinated and get sick, and God forbid die.  I for one will never life in a country that forces their citizens to take a medicine they do not want to take...nor walk around with a vaccine passport...are you f'ing kidding me!?!?

There are about 48 million children ages 11 and under in the US.  That is significantly more than 0.0001% of the population.

There needs to be a certain percentage of the population vaccinated (or protected) in order for the virus to eventually not mutate and go away.  A lot of sources say it is about 70%.   Below this percentage, the virus has too many living vectors where it can thrive and mutate.  One example is the Delta variant.  If the virus is allowed to hang around and mutate long enough, it will find a way to be more infectious.  This is why the vaccination status of an individual ultimately affects more people than that individual.

4 minutes ago, jchapman said:

There are about 48 million children ages 11 and under in the US.  That is significantly more than 0.0001% of the population.

There needs to be a certain percentage of the population vaccinated (or protected) in order for the virus to eventually not mutate and go away.  A lot of sources say it is about 70%.   Below this percentage, the virus has too many living vectors where it can thrive and mutate.  One example is the Delta variant.  If the virus is allowed to hang around and mutate long enough, it will find a way to be more infectious.  This is why the vaccination status of an individual ultimately affects more people than that individual.

As of Tuesday, there were ~450 deaths reported as associated with Covid (debate for another time) for those 18 and under....that is 0.000001% of the population.

And do you honestly think Covid is "going away" at this point?  Again, I agree people should get vaccinated; however, if people choose not to, so what, that is on them...that is their right.  They are the ones who are choosing the risk for themselves, doesn't impact me or my family as we have chosen to get vaccinated.  And I would NEVER fault anyone for expressing their right and their freedom even if I chose a different path.

I wish people would turn off the news and just look at the data on the CDC's website...people's perspective would be so much different.  Constantly listening to one off horror stories (which could be reported on for any virus out there) about how Covid caused this death and Covid caused that death, is brainwashing people to what the data truly says.  Again, I am not minimizing the death of anyone for any reason....they are ALL tragic in their own right, but seriously people, let's get a grip as a society and start using rational thought and logical thinking versus overly emotional reactions that are causing everyone to lose their freaking minds.  And for God's sake...stop listening to the politicians!!!!  

I got off talking about Covid on any social media a long time ago.  But I will say this now, in a general/overall sense, if more people would set down the "your health is not my concern" attitude, and picked up more of a "what little steps can I take to benefit my community" attitude, this covid situation wouldn't be nearly as bad as it is, and we would have been able to get back to "normal" some time ago.

2 hours ago, dman115 said:

If the only consequence was unvaccinated people caught covid and died, I'd be fine with that - they assumed the risk and suffered the consequence. The problem is these unvaxxed are screwing everything else up - outbreaks popping up everywhere, mask mandates re-starting, school events getting cancelled. This is why I'd like the vax to be mandated.

5 hours ago, dman115 said:

Well said Dman

4 hours ago, jchapman said:

They are already beyond the 70% threshold and probably much higher than that if the natural immunity that people have who have recovered from Covid infections is counted.  The fact that the people pushing the vaccine are ignoring natural immunity in their calculations to determine when "herd immunity" will be reached is absurd. 

33 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

They are already beyond the 70% threshold and probably much higher than that if the natural immunity that people have who have recovered from Covid infections is counted.  The fact that the people pushing the vaccine are ignoring natural immunity in their calculations to determine when "herd immunity" will be reached is absurd. 

What’s really absurd is how the definition of Vaccine changed from what’s its been our entire lives to something else and these people mindlessly go along with it 

Edited by Antitroll2828

14 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

Getting vaccinated after a previous COVID-19 infection confers 2.3X more protection against re-infection, compared to only relying on natural immunity.  Also, there is emerging data that shows the vaccine is effective protection against the variants, whereas protection obtained solely through natural immunity decreases sharply when exposed to a variant.

2 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

What’s really absurd is how the definition of Vaccine changed from what’s its been our entire lives to something else and these people mindlessly go along with it 

What was the old definition, and what is the new definition?

8 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Getting vaccinated after a previous COVID-19 infection confers 2.3X more protection against re-infection, compared to only relying on natural immunity.  Also, there is emerging data that shows the vaccine is effective protection against the variants, whereas protection obtained solely through natural immunity decreases sharply when exposed to a variant.

Which scientific study are you basing those nonsense numbers on?