Lunaticfringe

Vaccination retirement

15 minutes ago, jchapman said:

What was the old definition, and what is the new definition?

Vaccines since the start stop you from getting the illness, you didn’t just a mild case of small pox, or a mild case of measles...the vaccine prevented you from getting it at all...now all of sudden this **** is a “vaccine” yet doesn’t stop anyone from getting it...by definition it’s therapeutic not a Vax

Now that the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine has full FDA approval, what is the argument against using it?

Please note:  I am not going to debate anyone on the safety or effectiveness of vaccines, nor will I be swayed by anti-vaccine arguments.  I’m just curious as to what the anti-Pfizer-vaccine argument is. 

Edited by Katie

6 hours ago, dman115 said:

So those on their high horse who know what is best for everyone else and think their way of thinking is how ALL people should think, please answer me this...if you are vaccinated, didn't you do your part for the greater good?  Didn't you do exactly what YOU are preaching??  Aren't you confident that you have drastically reduced the chance you will be symptomatic, and more importantly not at risk of dying?  Thus, why do you care who chooses to be more at risk than yourself??  Seriously, why does that bother you that others have different perspectives and thoughts around what is okay from a risk perspective than you?  The only thing I can think of is you are concerned for the 0.0001% of the population that, for very specific medical reasons, can't get vaccinated?  Hate to break it to you but that is the crappy hand they were dealt in life and probably have a lot more things to worry about than Covid. 

Have yet to hear any of the pushers for mandatory vaccines be able to answer these questions...I'll wait for Billy...for kehlner, etc.

I did my part for the "greater good" of society...to me it is on those that chose to not get vaccinated and get sick, and God forbid die.  I for one will never life in a country that forces their citizens to take a medicine they do not want to take...nor walk around with a vaccine passport...are you f'ing kidding me!?!?

You should probably read Jacobson v. Massachusetts, and then perhaps start packing. 

Edited by Katie

17 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Vaccines since the start stop you from getting the illness, you didn’t just a mild case of small pox, or a mild case of measles...the vaccine prevented you from getting it at all...now all of sudden this **** is a “vaccine” yet doesn’t stop anyone from getting it...by definition it’s therapeutic not a Vax

Do you realize that both the mumps and smallpox vaccines are live vaccines, meaning they contain a live version of the disease?  You literally get the measles and smallpox when you get those vaccines.

27 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Do you realize that both the mumps and smallpox vaccines are live vaccines, meaning they contain a live version of the disease?  You literally get the measles and smallpox when you get those vaccines.

You do not actually get mumps from the MMR vax , you get a tiny amount that’s enough for your body to notice and starting building immunity towards, you don’t get the vax then get mumps a month later or need 2 shots and a booster all in the same year 

47 minutes ago, Katie said:

Now that the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine has full FDA approval, what is the argument against using it?

Please note:  I am not going to debate anyone on the safety or effectiveness of vaccines, nor will I be swayed by anti-vaccine arguments.  I’m just curious as to what the anti-Pfizer-vaccine argument is. 

That they are still completely free of liability, they don’t mandate their own people to take the vax and still no long term trials considering the virus only showed up in late 2019 

6 hours ago, dman115 said:

As of Tuesday, there were ~450 deaths reported as associated with Covid (debate for another time) for those 18 and under....that is 0.000001% of the population.

And do you honestly think Covid is "going away" at this point?  Again, I agree people should get vaccinated; however, if people choose not to, so what, that is on them...that is their right.  They are the ones who are choosing the risk for themselves, doesn't impact me or my family as we have chosen to get vaccinated.  And I would NEVER fault anyone for expressing their right and their freedom even if I chose a different path.

I wish people would turn off the news and just look at the data on the CDC's website...people's perspective would be so much different.  Constantly listening to one off horror stories (which could be reported on for any virus out there) about how Covid caused this death and Covid caused that death, is brainwashing people to what the data truly says.  Again, I am not minimizing the death of anyone for any reason....they are ALL tragic in their own right, but seriously people, let's get a grip as a society and start using rational thought and logical thinking versus overly emotional reactions that are causing everyone to lose their freaking minds.  And for God's sake...stop listening to the politicians!!!!  

What are you suggesting the CDC data “says?”

“I’m not minimizing the death of anyone for any reason...but also old or fat people don’t matter”? 

Speaking of children...120k children lost a primary caregiver to covid - https://abcnews.go.com/Health/120000-children-us-lost-primary-caregiver-covid-19/story?id=78931426

27 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

That they are still completely free of liability, they don’t mandate their own people to take the vax and still no long term trials considering the virus only showed up in late 2019 

So you believe the nonsense of “Comirnaty is approved but Pfizer isn’t and you can’t get Comirnaty”? 

2 hours ago, lu1979 said:

Which scientific study are you basing those nonsense numbers on?

From jchapman's reference:

"Kentucky residents who were not vaccinated had 2.34 times the odds of reinfection compared with those who were fully vaccinated (odds ratio [OR] = 2.34; 95% confidence interval [CI] = 1.58–3.47). These findings suggest that among persons with previous SARS-CoV-2 infection, full vaccination provides additional protection against reinfection. "

Your turn:  which scientific study are you basing your skepticism on?  I mean, you called them "nonsense numbers," so you must have some scientific basis for refuting them.

I'll bite on why I am "antivax" in regards to Covid for those that are curious as to how one could reach this conclusion. It all starts with the Bayesian priors- I don't trust Big Pharma, I lack faith in the Federal Government, I can't trust a media that has thrown away the shackles of unbiased journalism in favor of activism, I have seen way too many new technologies fail to live up the test of time, and my immune system hasn't failed me yet. From that starting point, it's a big hill to climb. I am less skeptical than I was 6 months ago, but still happily in the control group on this grand experiment and currently recovering without issue. 

I'll bite on why I am "antivax" in regards to Covid for those that are curious as to how one could reach this conclusion. It all starts with the Bayesian priors- I don't trust Big Pharma, I lack faith in the Federal Government, I can't trust a media that has thrown away the shackles of unbiased journalism in favor of activism, I have seen way too many new technologies fail to live up the test of time, and my immune system hasn't failed me yet. From that starting point, it's a big hill to climb. I am less skeptical than I was 6 months ago, but still happily in the control group on this grand experiment and currently recovering without issue. 
Look at all the people who advocate for vaccines but can't eat correctly. So many morbidly obese health experts demanding 100% vaccinations when so many people die from preventable heart disease (800,000 a year,). It's a complete lack of logic.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, jchapman said:

ahh ... pretty sure this is referring to taking an aspirin every day.  No one was ta,king about getting a covid shot every day or even every 4 months.  The poster was comparing a shot to an aspirin.  

22 minutes ago, ionel said:

ahh ... pretty sure this is referring to taking an aspirin every day.  No one was ta,king about getting a covid shot every day or even every 4 months.  The poster was comparing a shot to an aspirin.  

No. They said “taking aspirin.”  Not “an aspirin.”

2 hours ago, cjc007 said:

Look at all the people who advocate for vaccines but can't eat correctly. So many morbidly obese health experts demanding 100% vaccinations when so many people die from preventable heart disease (800,000 a year,). It's a complete lack of logic.

When you can pass your obesity onto me let me know!

When you can pass your obesity onto me let me know!

While, we're not related, you can see how fat people eat and act. Passing their diets onto their helpless children. Childhood obesity is a huge problem today. It's leads to an unhealthy life which will most likely lead to heart disease with an early, untimely death. Fat shaming should be a Federally holiday. For your health of course. For your health..... 

Seriously though, eat better and exercise. It's for your own good.