Sign in to follow this  
GreatWhiteNorth

Tyron Woodley vs Youtube douchebag

P puts on his running shoes and is showboating ... and it's over. T seems to think he won... but he didn't. He maybe got the last round, but it wasn't enough.

Match over.

Looks like 7-5 round. in favor of Paul. Then again, we'll see.

Paul looks pretty tired, T looks maybe a little more tired than he let on. 

Woodley did OK for lack of boxing experience, but never really looked like he was going for it. Probably loses on points due to Paul getting more strikes in.  This is about the extent of Paul’s boxing level though at this point.  He barely got past 8 rounds of stamina. Paul has shown that someone with a little more boxing movement and urgency to push the action would pick him apart.  

Edited by MadMardigain

1 minute ago, MadMardigain said:

Woodley did OK for lack of boxing experience, but never really looked like he was going for it. Probably loses on points due to Paul getting more strikes in.  This is about the extent of Paul’s boxing level though at this point.  Paul has shown that someone with a little more boxing movement and urgency to push the action would pick him apart.  

I have to say that Paul has done a lot better against both Askren and Woodley than I ever thought he would.  They are both pro fighters (granted MMA wrestling base vs boxers) and I didn't think he would be able to hang with either one.  He has done pretty well for a you tube influencer.

7 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

I have to say that Paul has done a lot better against both Askren and Woodley than I ever thought he would.  They are both pro fighters (granted MMA wrestling base vs boxers) and I didn't think he would be able to hang with either one.  He has done pretty well for a you tube influencer.

Paul’s honestly worked pretty hard at his boxing for the last few years.  Plus has the money to build a solid team around him.  Paul’s not ready to face a pure boxer, but he’s developed more punching technique than the average tough-man brawler.  I had no faith in Askren winning, but figured Woodley has the chin and punching power to at least put up a decent fight for him.  I think Woodley would actually win if he adjusted to a slightly higher striking pace and got in some more combinations.   

Edited by MadMardigain

Yes gotta thanks BTSports for an overseas feed. Paul wanted to walk away without the rematch challenge from Woodley.  But after some smack talk Paul said he would do another fight if Woodley  goes through with the I love Jake Paul tattoo.  I don’t think he’s really interested in the rematch if a better spotlight and payday is out there vs. another fighter.  But I also think Paul realized after this one that he’s not at the boxing level needed to face anyone with a higher boxing IQ than what Woodley offered.  

6 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

Paul’s honestly worked pretty hard at his boxing for the last few years.  Plus has the money to build a solid team around him.  Paul’s not ready to face a pure boxer, but he’s developed more punching technique than the average tough-man brawler.  I had no faith in Askren winning, but figured Woodley has the chin and punching power to at least put up a decent fight for him.  I think Woodley would actually win if he adjusted to a slightly higher striking pace and got in some combinations.   

I really would like to see Paul overstep a bit and get schooled by his next choice of opponent. But, as you say, he's spent the money to buy a team and I don't think they'll let him make that mistake.

It sounded like a rematch is in the making... but, again, not sure if his team will allow it to happen. We'll see.

(I do agree, BTW, that Woodley could make some adjustments and come back and win if a rematch were to happen. He's got a lot of boxing to learn, so some serious upside.)