Jump to content
Uwwdoc

List of world/olympic medalists attending and not attending Oslo World Championships

Recommended Posts

With this world championship being quite unique being less than 2 months after the olympics there is a bit of disparity between which top guys from countries are coming or not. Just wanted to make a list of some olympic and world medalists we know are going to attend or not. And what big names we still are unsure of. Please feel free to add if I have missed anyone out.

Confirmed Attending:

Kyle Snyder

David Taylor

Hassan Yazdani

Kyle Dake

Amir Zare

Thomas Gilman

 

Confirmed not attending:

Bajrang (has injured himself and India are holding trials, he claims if he is fit prior to worlds he would like to attend and request a retrial)

Ravi Kumar

Otoguro

Gable Stevenson

 

Unlikely to attend:

Russian olympic medalists from Tokyo

Akgul

Chamizo

 

Attending if successful in qualifying:

Jordan Burroughs

Cox

 

Not sure of anyone else off the top of my head. I have heard Russia won't send the Tokyo guys, but this is pure hearsay and not confirmed by any means. Still will be a solid tournament I reckon, with some solid matches. Taylor vs Yaz 4 in particular.

Also looking forward to a potential clash of Cox vs Iran's 92kg Ghasempour. (If Cox qualifies of course).

Anyone know anything more official on the Russians?

Edited by Uwwdoc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Uwwdoc said:

Just wanted to make a list of some olympic and world medalists we know are going to attend or not. 

 

Confirmed not attending:

Bajrang (has injured himself and India are holding trials, he claims if he is fit prior to worlds he would like to attend and request a retrial)

Ravi Kumar

Otoguro

Gable Stevenson

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jon_Kozak said:

Hey great minds think alike...I've been tracking all the Tokyo Olympians and if they're attending worlds. I've subbed in the replacement for those who won't be in attendance. 

 

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/7131568-tokyo-olympians-to-2021-worlds-tracker

Thanks for this, Jon. This is the type of content that has been missing since Nomad left and you seem way less creepy. Keep up the good work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, moodybooty said:

Why only for men’s Freestyle??

Honestly, the information is really hard to find and it's pretty time consuming...and that's with Men's Freestyle being my expertise. 

As we get closer to worlds I expect more info to come out and I'll attempt to compile a tracker for the other styles. 

The good news for women's freestyle tho is none of Japan's Olympians will be at worlds - men, women and greco included. Japan is sending a team but it's their 2nd or 3rd best at each weight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jon_Kozak said:

Honestly, the information is really hard to find and it's pretty time consuming...and that's with Men's Freestyle being my expertise. 

As we get closer to worlds I expect more info to come out and I'll attempt to compile a tracker for the other styles. 

The good news for women's freestyle tho is none of Japan's Olympians will be at worlds - men, women and greco included. Japan is sending a team but it's their 2nd or 3rd best at each weight.

On the women's side, their 2nd or 3rd string lightweights are still tough as hell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, cowcards15 said:

Via my Russian friend, as of a couple weeks ago... Sidakov probably wasn't going. Sadulaev probably was. Uguev still hadn't decided. He also said that Kadimagomedov was planning on not going, but Jon has him going his list.

Sounds like the Russian team won't be officially announced until after September 20th. They are in camp now and will decide based on performance of wrestlers there. If Sadulaev, Sidakov, and Uguev want to go, they will have the spot. Tedeev said it's up to the individual Olympians.

Kadimagomedov has said twice on his instagram that he's planning on competing at worlds so that's why I have him as a yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jon_Kozak said:

Hey great minds think alike...I've been tracking all the Tokyo Olympians and if they're attending worlds. I've subbed in the replacement for those who won't be in attendance. 

 

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/7131568-tokyo-olympians-to-2021-worlds-tracker

Great minds indeed. Nice work man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Jon_Kozak said:

Hey great minds think alike...I've been tracking all the Tokyo Olympians and if they're attending worlds. I've subbed in the replacement for those who won't be in attendance. 

 

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/7131568-tokyo-olympians-to-2021-worlds-tracker

Great write up Jon - Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

I'm terribly disappointed that we may have missed the only chance to see Sidakov/Dake but as a consolation prize I hope we get to see a Dake/ Kadzimahamedau Kadimagomedov rematch

You think Kyle gets revenge if we see it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder how much Medved's 10 (or 7) is weighing on Sads mind. If Sad is going in this unusual circumstance it looks like he is very actively pursuing those records. Doesn't want to leave anything to chance though on paper he has a lot of time. 

 

This whole European games  stuff has messed up the Euro records. In 2015 they cancel Euro Champs and only hold games and then in 2019 they hold both separately. I guess that means we just treat Euro games as completely separate from the championships which is not the assumption that the top guys like Sad have? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Uwwdoc said:

You think Kyle gets revenge if we see it?

I previously expected Dake to steamroll, but I have never seen an opponent with more horsepower that could absolutely ragdoll him before. Even when he went 86 or against fellow shaved gorilla Andrew Howe, he wasn't horsed around the mat. So that's a long way of saying I have no clue but I hope refined technique prevails in revenge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

I previously expected Dake to steamroll, but I have never seen an opponent with more horsepower that could absolutely ragdoll him before. Even when he went 86 or against fellow shaved gorilla Andrew Howe, he wasn't horsed around the mat. So that's a long way of saying I have no clue but I hope refined technique prevails in revenge.

One of my favorite matches when they were still reworking the rules.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jon_Kozak said:

Sounds like the Russian team won't be officially announced until after September 20th. They are in camp now and will decide based on performance of wrestlers there. If Sadulaev, Sidakov, and Uguev want to go, they will have the spot. Tedeev said it's up to the individual Olympians.

Kadimagomedov has said twice on his instagram that he's planning on competing at worlds so that's why I have him as a yes.

I have no doubt you are right. I was more relaying the reliability of what he had been told by those close to the situation and how quick things can change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Jon_Kozak said:

Honestly, the information is really hard to find and it's pretty time consuming...and that's with Men's Freestyle being my expertise. 

As we get closer to worlds I expect more info to come out and I'll attempt to compile a tracker for the other styles. 

The good news for women's freestyle tho is none of Japan's Olympians will be at worlds - men, women and greco included. Japan is sending a team but it's their 2nd or 3rd best at each weight.

Why is it good news that Japan is not sending their A team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alwayswrestling said:

Why is it good news that Japan is not sending their A team?

I guess it's bad news if you want to see the best wrestlers in attendance.

I meant it's good news for Team USA women. With Japan's best not there, our chances of coming away with the team title are much better. Sorry for confusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...