Housebuye

US trials upset predictions

I think Moore is quite a bit better than Hidlay. Also, if you think Hidlay is top 3, you've got him above Gadson and Myles Martin. You said upsets, so kudos to you for picking a good one.

Which win for Zain at 70 would be an upset? He can definitely lose, but there isn't anyone in the bracket that would be a shock for him to beat.

Dark horse / Upset Specials:

61kg: NATO!!!

65kg: Demas

70kg: O'Toole

79kg: Ringer

92kg: Moore... since everyone thinks Cox has this in the bag

Hwt: Parris

Some may argue those picks may not be upsets (i.e. Parris)... but... let's see how it shakes.

I think Moore is quite a bit better than Hidlay. Also, if you think Hidlay is top 3, you've got him above Gadson and Myles Martin. You said upsets, so kudos to you for picking a good one.

Which win for Zain at 70 would be an upset? He can definitely lose, but there isn't anyone in the bracket that would be a shock for him to beat.

I’m fairly certain DT would be in the top 3 at 92kg, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, The Genius said:

Who are the favourites to win 125kg in the US? 

I would say Mason Parris then Nick Gwiazdowski then Dom Bradley then a pool of guys.

Greg Kerkvliet is in there as well if he goes(not registered).

Edit: Gwiaz and Bradley match up well against Parris.  Gwiaz ks as technical as we have as a heavy and Bradley has the horsepower to keep him honest.

Edited by nhs67

17 minutes ago, The Genius said:

Who are the favourites to win 125kg in the US? 

125 ladder 1) Parris 2) Gwiz 3) Nelson 4) Bradley 5) Kerk

I wonder if Coon buys a USAW card at the door and enters both styles...

It is weird since he is going to be the #1 seed, but absolutely no one is taking Graff at 61kg, so that is my upset pick.  Also, really hoping to see a Graff/Gross matchup at some point in this tournament.  I'm from Wisconsin, so I like the Badger vs Badger aspect, but also just the style matchup of two high-volume shooters would be a lot of fun.

It is weird since he is going to be the #1 seed, but absolutely no one is taking Graff at 61kg, so that is my upset pick.  Also, really hoping to see a Graff/Gross matchup at some point in this tournament.  I'm from Wisconsin, so I like the Badger vs Badger aspect, but also just the style matchup of two high-volume shooters would be a lot of fun.

As a Badger fan from Colorado I would have liked to have seen Tom Clum make a team. Go Graff!

15 hours ago, treep2000 said:

Dark horse / Upset Specials:

61kg: NATO!!!

65kg: Demas

70kg: O'Toole

79kg: Ringer

92kg: Moore... since everyone thinks Cox has this in the bag

Hwt: Parris

Some may argue those picks may not be upsets (i.e. Parris)... but... let's see how it shakes.

Parris is the favorite at 125 imo.  For the other guys on your list, Ringer is has the best shot at winning his weight.

On 9/2/2021 at 10:11 PM, IronChef said:

I thought most were picking JO, Pantelio or Green at 70kg 

yes Hidlay would beat Martin and Gadsen head to head at 92kg

Edited by Housebuye

Official registration (to be seeded) will be closed Monday the 6th at 8:00 PM (US-Eastern).

People can register onsite until 7:00 PM (US-Eastern) on Friday the 10th.

Curious if we see a slew of folks sign up.

Can someone with more knowledge tell me if gents like O'Toole or Elam will have to pay the $100 now or if that is waived due to their Junior world title?

O'Toole going 70kg is looking more and more like a pipe dream to me (and his coach, obviously).  Elam in at 92 would blow that bracket up, as well.

21 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Official registration (to be seeded) will be closed Monday the 6th at 8:00 PM (US-Eastern).

Is the seeding criteria posted anywhere?

What are they going to do with these weights where no head to heads exist?

Edit:

Just found this posted: https://content.themat.com/forms/2021-General World-Team-Procedures.pdf

Edited by Mike Parrish
New info