Jrr277

Gable signs with WWE

Well as a fan of USA Wrestling, I am disappointed that we don’t get to see Gable win more World and Olympic medals, but at least we got to see him win Gold in Tokyo. I wish him well in his new endeavor. 

It will take him a while before we see him in the “show” he keeps calling himself an entertainer but he needs a lot of microphone work. He’s not a particularly engaging interview and comes off a bit awkward, he does have the athleticism but most of those guys have freak athleticism. It’s the ability to talk that sets the top guys apart.

55 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

It will take him a while before we see him in the “show” he keeps calling himself an entertainer but he needs a lot of microphone work. He’s not a particularly engaging interview and comes off a bit awkward, he does have the athleticism but most of those guys have freak athleticism. It’s the ability to talk that sets the top guys apart.

Giving him a mouth piece of a manager will help some with that.  

15 hours ago, TripNSweep said:

Good for him. He's following his dream and probably getting paid a lot to do it. 

I'm curious how much he is actually getting paid. Maybe this isn't the case anymore but WWE star used to be one of the worst jobs on earth unless you happened to be one of the 3 guys who basically transcended the company. 

It’s a sad day for the sport when the most talented athlete in a decade decides to hang it up at age 21 to whine into a microphone while roided up. 

To those who think he can still compete in FS-not a chance with the amount of drugs required for WWE. 

Edited by Billyhoyle

After all the cheerleading on this forum and elsewhere for him to leave, all these wrestling fans proclaiming how WWE is such a “step up” from actual wresting, it’s hardly surprising. 

Even wrestling’s own supposed fans don’t think wrestling is a worthwhile pursuit in Its own right compared to WWE, MMA, NFL, etc. Barely a peep in support of him sticking with wrestling. With so few voices in wrestling urging him to stay, might as well auction yourself off to the highest bidder. Sad. 

Edited by BAC

23 minutes ago, BAC said:

After all the cheerleading on this forum and elsewhere for him to leave, all these wrestling fans proclaiming how WWE is such a “step up” from actual wresting, it’s hardly surprising. 

Even wrestling’s own supposed fans don’t think wrestling is a worthwhile pursuit in Its own right compared to WWE, MMA, NFL, etc. Barely a peep in support of him sticking with wrestling. With so few voices in wrestling urging him to stay, might as well auction yourself off to the highest bidder. Sad. 

oooooohhhhhhh...

the melodrama...

1 hour ago, hammerlockthree said:

I'm curious how much he is actually getting paid. Maybe this isn't the case anymore but WWE star used to be one of the worst jobs on earth unless you happened to be one of the 3 guys who basically transcended the company. 

Angle claims that he was offered a multi-million dollar deal after winning in 96.  Turned it down, then had a change of heart a year later.  They made him start down near the bottom of the pay scale.

1 hour ago, Billyhoyle said:

It’s a sad day for the sport when the most talented athlete in a decade decides to hang it up at age 21 to whine into a microphone while roided up. 

To those who think he can still compete in FS-not a chance with the amount of drugs required for WWE. 

I do not follow the WWE at all and I can certainly accept that many WWE stars use and abuse steroids.  However I cannot understand why you say drug use is required for the WWE.  Gable is certainly already built extremely well and if he continues to train properly by lifting he can get even bigger and more muscular without utilizing steroids or other harmful substances.  It cannot be a contractual requirement to use harmful drugs of any kind in any business.    This is a choice that any WWE performer makes and hopefully Gable will not fall into those bad habits.  Like many here I had hoped that Gable would pursue real wrestling at least through 2024 just because he is so damn good.  Still it is his life and his choice and I wish him all the best.

Edited by lu1979

43 minutes ago, BAC said:

That’s adorable

1 hour ago, lu1979 said:

I do not follow the WWE at all and I can certainly accept that many WWE stars use and abuse steroids.  However I cannot understand why you say drug use is required for the WWE.  Gable is certainly already built extremely well and if he continues to train properly by lifting he can get even bigger and more muscular without utilizing steroids or other harmful substances.  It cannot be a contractual requirement to use harmful drugs of any kind in any business.    This is a choice that any WWE performer makes and hopefully Gable will not fall into those bad habits.  Like many here I had hoped that Gable would pursue real wrestling at least through 2024 just because he is so damn good.  Still it is his life and his choice and I wish him all the best.

The drug use isnt to get jacked, its to handle getting beat up 300 days a year.  I can assure you, there are plenty of fat asses in the wwe juicing up to be able to perform a brutal schedule.