Mike Parrish

World Team Trials seeding

11 hours ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

I thought Adam Coon registered after he was cut by the titans?

I thought so too.  Maybe the next Anthony Munoz got picked up by another team? Or the fact that he received an injury settlement from the Titans precluded his participation?

13 hours ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

I thought Adam Coon registered after he was cut by the titans?

I believe he was waived with an injury designation, so that may be an ongoing impact.

I get the Olympic bye and think it's a very good idea, but it certainly deprives the fans of watching some good matches and exciting wrestlers. I guess a lot of the 86 kg guys are too big for 76 or too small for 92.

Edited by Jrr277

33 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

I’m about as far from a PDIII guy as their is but seeding him 13 is criminal. 

Well when was the last time he beat anybody in this 79kg field?

19 minutes ago, Class said:

Pre-emptive move to not have to redraw anything.

Or perhaps he has done nothing to earn a seed over anyone else listed?

Not in my eyes, as a 4th place finish in the same bracket that Starocci went two and out in.  The same bracket that Lujan and McFadden both failed to qualify for.

There is a very real possibility that Hoagie makes the finals at 92kg.  We know Macch can beat Moore.  We know Hidlay can beat Jackson.  Hidlay-Macch being training partners means that it will be a close one, for sure.  Imagine that.  They have comparable results against Abounader in a 10-6 win for Hidlay and a 7-2 win for Macch.  Keep in mind Abounader did bump up to face Macch at 97 for that.  I think Hidlay-Macch absolutely is a match.

Also Hayden Hidlay did not get seeded at 79.  He will be a nightmare for whoever he gets drawn in against.

Fingers crossed that it is Downey.

I want to see as many actual matches from Downey at 79 as we can get.  I think if the weight holds well... he is going to be a nightmare for anyone aside for Nolf.  Just a horrible style matchup there.

34 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Also Hayden Hidlay did not get seeded at 79.  He will be a nightmare for whoever he gets drawn in against.

Fingers crossed that it is Downey.

I want to see as many actual matches from Downey at 79 as we can get.  I think if the weight holds well... he is going to be a nightmare for anyone aside for Nolf.  Just a horrible style matchup there.

Highly doubt he makes weight.  If Nolf gets him, he will exhaust Downey and probably tech him with relentless attacks.

41 minutes ago, nom said:

70 bracket is imbalanced.  So much want to be on the 2/3 side of bracket vs the 1/4 side.

Green, Retherford and JO all on one side.  Damn.

I would rather a shot to make the finals than lose to the eventual champ.  Give me the top side.