Mike Parrish

World Team Trials seeding

15 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

The only problem with this post is that it straddles being a joke and being a serious comment too ambiguously. 

I don't think it is a joke at all.  What other justification is there to make a 2019 WTTer the 13 seed?  

Clowney joke(s) aside...

If this guy shows up and loses absolutely nothing from the cut, he is going to wreck some people.

Dieringer is the only one who could contend with his strength.  JB is the only one that can likely handle his tenacity.  Nolf may be able to funk his way to some points.

That is a big if, though.  Was Dave Schultz the last US Senior guy to drop in weight class seamlessly?

6 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Clowney joke(s) aside...

If this guy shows up and loses absolutely nothing from the cut, he is going to wreck some people.

Dieringer is the only one who could contend with his strength.  JB is the only one that can likely handle his tenacity.  Nolf may be able to funk his way to some points.

That is a big if, though.  Was Dave Schultz the last US Senior guy to drop in weight class seamlessly?

If PD3 actually makes weight after cutting for the first time in years then he is going to make Musukaev's cardio look like a world class marathon runner

2 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

If PD3 actually makes weight after cutting for the first time in years then he is going to make Musukaev's cardio look like a world class marathon runner

Why I said if itbwas seamless.  Big if.

1 minute ago, rpm002 said:

NATO went 0-3 in Poland and earned the 6 seed in a 12 man field.

I mean... NATO did go 0-3 at 61, the weight being contested.

PD3 went 0-5 at 92, which is 13 kilos (28.6lbs) higher than where he is trying to enter.

2 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Day before weigh-ins that is Attainable. Not healthy or smart mind you, but attainable.

Ed Ruth did it.  I imagine he is seeking the same sort of career path, sans the losing bit.

25 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Day before weigh-ins that is Attainable. Not healthy or smart mind you, but attainable.

Probably trying to maximize whatever reach advantage he has.  I expect that striking is his weakest aspect.  I know that he appears to have some power, as displayed in his civilian exploits.  My guess is that he is weak in the technical aspects and hopes to cut down and face shorter people than he would at 185 and be able to use some form of reach advantage.

1 hour ago, hammerlockthree said:

He is new to the weight, has no results within the last year....and oh yeah he is gonna get killed.

I'm not saying Downey should be a high seed. .  I'm just saying that in the seeding meeting where they compared the wrestling resumes of Pat Downey and Mickey O'Malley, there is no reasonable objective criteria that would lead one to seed O'Malley higher, yet that is what they did.

3 minutes ago, rpm002 said:

I'm not saying Downey should be a high seed. .  I'm just saying that in the seeding meeting where they compared the wrestling resumes of Pat Downey and Mickey O'Malley, there is no reasonable objective criteria that would lead one to seed O'Malley higher, yet that is what they did.

O'Malley has results at weight in the last year I believe. I'm not defending it I'm just telling you why. Its not a mystery or corruption, bureaucratic incompetence maybe.... 

all i can really say is i would bleed a chiken in the middle of a busy intersection if it would aid PD3 in performing at this weight...

as has been mentioned previously, if he can wrestle at 79kg effectively he is a huge problem for anyone in that bracket...

i am all giddy with the antici...

SAY IT!!!!!!!!

pation...

1 hour ago, rpm002 said:

O'Malley placed fourth at the 2021 US Senior Nationals at 79kg.  He has metrics to be used for seeding purposes at 79kg.

If PD3 is good enough to get 9th in the world at an olympic weight then he shouldn't care what his seed is at a non-oly weight domestic tournament. But I think we all know that he has a ridiculously uphill battle to climb since he has other opponents such as: the scale will be rigged, the refs are out to get him, #cancelculture is trying to take him down, and USAW has an axe to grind by continually letting him compete and that's why he got Nolf off the scale instead of JB, Ringer, or Imar

I see inconsistency in the seeding criteria.

It appears that 2019 results matter, but 2019 results do not matter if at a different weight than what you are competing at this weekend. 2020-2021 results matter at any weight. but they are not as important as 2019 results at the weight you are competing at this weekend.  This is the only logical way to interpret what happened in the seed meeting. 

This explains why Downey is #13 and why Dieringer is #2 - Burroughs gets #1 because he had a medal in 2019 at a different weight. He should obviosuly be the #1, but I cannot explain with a cohesive criteria since Deakin got #3. I cannot explain Suriano at #3.

I do not think I can come up with a consistent narrative to explain every weight. The reasoning above is the best I can come up with at the moment, unless someone else can shine some light on the situation for me.

8 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Clowney joke(s) aside...

Did Dave Schultz really drop a weight class though?  He won his first world medal at 82, but also won the World Cup that same year (and two years earlier) at 74.  

But since then, Joe Williams won a world bronze at 76 and then another one four year later at 74.  Don't know if that is considered dropping a weight class, but at least dropping in weight.

Kyle Dake won two world championships at 79 then took Oly bronze at 74.  Not sure if this is considered seemlessly as he placed lower at the lower weight class.

Clowney joke(s) aside...
Does losing nothing mean still having the strength he had at 92? Even if the cut doesn't drain him (which it will), it would be impossible to maintain that level of muscle and strength going down that much. He would still be strong, but he would not just come in and manhandle these smaller guys like he still has 30 lbs. on them. Ringer and Imar could match his physicality and JB would blow through him. I don't think he gets passed Nolf, anyways.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

If PD3 is good enough to get 9th in the world at an olympic weight then he shouldn't care what his seed is at a non-oly weight domestic tournament. But I think we all know that he has a ridiculously uphill battle to climb since he has other opponents such as: the scale will be rigged, the refs are out to get him, #cancelculture is trying to take him down, and USAW has an axe to grind by continually letting him compete and that's why he got Nolf off the scale instead of JB, Ringer, or Imar

funny-demotivational-posters_20.jpg.a0f22857467580944189019045a074a9.jpg