Jump to content
Idaho

Anticipate Lineups for 21-22

Recommended Posts

What is your team's anticipated lineup for 2021-22?

Oregon State 

125 - Brandon Kaylor - 2x NQ

133 - Devan Turner - 3x NQ

141 - Grant Willits - 3x NQ 

149 - Cory Crooks - NQ

157 - Hunter Willits 3x NQ

165 - Matthew Olguin 

174 - Mason Reniche/Trey Munoz NQ

184 - Tanner Harvey 2x NQ/Trey Munoz NQ

197 - JJ Dixon  NQ

HWT - Gas Tank Gary - NQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Idaho said:

What is your team's anticipated lineup for 2021-22?

Oregon State 

125 - Brandon Kaylor - 2x NQ

133 - Devan Turner - 3x NQ

141 - Grant Willits - 3x NQ 

149 - Cory Crooks - NQ

157 - Hunter Willits 3x NQ

165 - Matthew Olguin 

174 - Mason Reniche/Trey Munoz NQ

184 - Tanner Harvey 2x NQ/Trey Munoz NQ

197 - JJ Dixon  NQ

HWT - Gas Tank Gary - NQ

W/ Munoz I know most talk has been 174 or 184, right?  Any chance he could make 165?

It would be brilliant to see him, AValencia, Griffith, and Wick in the same P12 165lb bracket.

I do imagine he wants to also have the shot of beating his replacement, too.  Any insight which Valencia is going where, yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll take a guess at Lehigh

125 - J Lane 

133 - M Hines or B Paetzal

141 - C McGonagle or M Hines - I think Hines starts at whichever weight he chooses

149 - J Hoffman

157 - J Humpheys

165 - B Meyer or T Lawrance

174 - J Logan

184 - JT Davis

197 - G Garcia 

Hvywt - J Wood

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, IGotAPlan said:

My guess at PSU

Gary Steen

RBY

N Lee

SVN

J Lee

Facundo

Starocci

Brooks

Dean

Kerkvliet

Shunk could be 125 If Suriano is coming in at the semester with Steen RS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, calot said:

Shunk could be 125 If Suriano is coming in at the semester with Steen RS

 

9 hours ago, IGotAPlan said:

My guess at PSU

Gary Steen

RBY

N Lee

SVN

J Lee

Facundo

Starocci

Brooks

Dean

Kerkvliet

Nobody thinks Bearclaw takes 149 or 157?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Missouri 

125 - Surtin/Brown - NQ

133 - Schmitt - NQ

141 - Hart/Edmund - Hart is a NQ

149 - Mauller - multiple time AA

157 - Jacques - NQ

165 - OToole - AA

174 - Mocco - NQ

184 - Kent or Hawks. Kent is a NQ

197 - Rocky Elam - AA

Hvwt - Elam - NQ

no holes. 3 title contenders. I think they qualify 10 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Missouri 

125 - Surtin/Brown - NQ

133 - Schmitt - NQ

141 - Hart/Edmund - Hart is a NQ

149 - Mauller - multiple time AA

157 - Jacques - NQ

165 - OToole - AA

174 - Mocco - NQ

184 - Kent or Hawks. Kent is a NQ

197 - Rocky Elam - AA

Hvwt - Elam - NQ

no holes. 3 title contenders. I think they qualify 10 

Yikes...that is a sneaky scary good lineup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Housebuye said:

Missouri 

125 - Surtin/Brown - NQ

133 - Schmitt - NQ

141 - Hart/Edmund - Hart is a NQ

149 - Mauller - multiple time AA

157 - Jacques - NQ

165 - OToole - AA

174 - Mocco - NQ

184 - Kent or Hawks. Kent is a NQ

197 - Rocky Elam - AA

Hvwt - Elam - NQ

no holes. 3 title contenders. I think they qualify 10 

Whose the 3rd title contender…Otoole definitely muellar maybe ….?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, lu1979 said:

I'll take a guess at Lehigh

125 - J Lane 

133 - M Hines or B Paetzal

141 - C McGonagle or M Hines - I think Hines starts at whichever weight he chooses

149 - J Hoffman

157 - J Humpheys

165 - B Meyer or T Lawrance

174 - J Logan

184 - JT Davis

197 - G Garcia 

Hvywt - J Wood

 

Paetzal would’ve AAed the COVID year and is a 5th or 6th yr senior, and arguably top 3 guy on the team, you really think he might not start this season ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OSU - maybe:

125    Mastrogiovanni  NQ

133    Fix AA

141    Hone NQ

149    Gfeller NQ

157    Sheets AA

165   Wittlake AA

174    Plott AA

184    Geer AA

197    Ferrari AA - NC - 665dl - & t-shirt ripper extraordinaire

285    Harris NQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Whose the 3rd title contender…Otoole definitely muellar maybe ….?

I was thinking OToole, Mauller (not if Yianni is there, but the champ moved up so that helps. 
  
Rocky Elam. I know this weight is stacked and Rocky is a dark horse, but he looked spectacular at junior worlds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Whose the 3rd title contender…Otoole definitely muellar maybe ….?
Elam. Certainly not a favorite, but he only lost two matches last year, both at NCAA, a SV loss to Amine and avenged his other loss in the 5th place match. And he had a great showing at Jr. Worlds. I might put his chances higher than Mauller's just because he is still improving a lot.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe Lee is going 157 per Corby. I think he definitely gets the nod over Barraclough if he's healthy. Cael definitely sends Steen next year, he's gotten big enough for the weight and if he doesn't go this year, he's going to lose eligibility likely since Howard is definitely RSing this year and they'd overlap at some point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, nhs67 said:

W/ Munoz I know most talk has been 174 or 184, right?  Any chance he could make 165?

It would be brilliant to see him, AValencia, Griffith, and Wick in the same P12 165lb bracket.

I do imagine he wants to also have the shot of beating his replacement, too.  Any insight which Valencia is going where, yet?

Yes the talk is 174 or 184. He can't make 165.... last year he was cutting down pretty far from where he initially certified and where he had wrestled during the summer. I would like to see him at 174 because they have Harvey at 184 this year and Reyes back at 184 next year. It's a good problem to have that OSU has not had to worry about in the past. I'm not sure where Valencia is going yet - There are a few ASU fans who might know @gobraves101905 .  The Pac 12 is definitely getting better. Hopefully we can add a few teams for next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ionel said:

OSU - maybe:

125    Mastrogiovanni  NQ

133    Fix AA

141    Hone NQ

149    Gfeller NQ

157    Sheets AA

165   Wittlake AA

174    Plott AA

184    Geer AA

197    Ferrari AA - NC - 665dl - & t-shirt ripper extraordinaire

285    Harris NQ

Gfeller is back? He was exciting to watch hope he’s dialed in this year ….is this Geer 6th season? Seems like he was at edinboro forever ago 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cornell (a lot of speculation about who wrestles which weight):

125:  Greg Diakomihalis (5x NYS champion) (freshman)

133:  Vito (4th NCAA) (soph)

141:  Saunders (soph)

149:  Yianni (2x NCAA champion) (junior)

157:  Colton Yapoujian (soph)

165:  Ramirez (frosh)

174:  Foca (soph)

184:  Loew/Justin Mayes (junior/frosh)

197:  Darmstadt (6th NCAA, 2x NQ) (senior)

285:  Fernandes (2x NJ state champion) (soph)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Idaho said:

What is your team's anticipated lineup for 2021-22?

Oregon State 

125 - Brandon Kaylor - 2x NQ

133 - Devan Turner - 3x NQ

141 - Grant Willits - 3x NQ 

149 - Cory Crooks - NQ

157 - Hunter Willits 3x NQ

165 - Matthew Olguin 

174 - Mason Reniche/Trey Munoz NQ

184 - Tanner Harvey 2x NQ/Trey Munoz NQ

197 - JJ Dixon  NQ

HWT - Gas Tank Gary - NQ

Is Munoz to OSU a done deal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Virginia Tech

125- Sam Latona 

133- Korbin Myers

141- Sam Hillegas

149- Bryce Andonian

157- Connor Brady

165- Clayton Ulrey

174- Mekhi Lewis

184- Hunter Bolen

197- Andy Smith

285- Nathan Traxler 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Paetzal would’ve AAed the COVID year and is a 5th or 6th yr senior, and arguably top 3 guy on the team, you really think he might not start this season ?

I think Hines will move up to 141 this year and start there - he is very tall.  If he returns to 133 I would think he would earn the starting spot.  I agree that Paetzel would have had a chance to AA in 2020 but it was far from a sure thing.  He lost in EIWAs to Columbia's Manchio who was seeded 23rd.  We will see how things shake out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, klehner said:

Cornell (a lot of speculation about who wrestles which weight):

125:  Greg Diakomihalis (5x NYS champion) (freshman)

133:  Vito (4th NCAA) (soph)

141:  Saunders (soph)

149:  Yianni (2x NCAA champion) (junior)

157:  Colton Yapoujian (soph)

165:  Ramirez (frosh)

174:  Foca (soph)

184:  Loew/Justin Mayes (junior/frosh)

197:  Darmstadt (6th NCAA, 2x NQ) (senior)

285:  Fernandes (2x NJ state champion) (soph)

I think Foca and Saunders are both going to be freshman this year.  I believe they were not enrolled at Cornell last year.  Fernandes was enrolled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

I think Foca and Saunders are both going to be freshman this year.  I believe they were not enrolled at Cornell last year.  Fernandes was enrolled.

Foca, Fernandes, and Saunders (and Cardenas) are listed on the roster as sophomores; Ramirez is listed as a freshman.  The former may have been enrolled
at some point (and made some progress toward graduation), and might skip a future semester to get four years of eligibility.  It's a mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, klehner said:

Foca, Fernandes, and Saunders (and Cardenas) are listed on the roster as sophomores; Ramirez is listed as a freshman.  The former may have been enrolled
at some point (and made some progress toward graduation), and might skip a future semester to get four years of eligibility.  It's a mess.

That’s unfortunate, I hope all end up with 4 cracks at ncaas , or 3 for Cardenas if he can’t beat Darmstadt 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...