Idaho

Anticipate Lineups for 21-22

3 hours ago, lu1979 said:

I think Hines will move up to 141 this year and start there - he is very tall.  If he returns to 133 I would think he would earn the starting spot.  I agree that Paetzel would have had a chance to AA in 2020 but it was far from a sure thing.  He lost in EIWAs to Columbia's Manchio who was seeded 23rd.  We will see how things shake out.

He got caught against Manchio no? He also took Glory to OT , beat Cardinale whose an AA and knocked off Ncaa finalist Brandon Courtney 6-1 in 2020 and was the 7 seed with a good path to AAing ….

Northwestern

125- Michael DeAugustino (blood round loss - terrible)

133- Chris Cannon (AA, 6th)

141- Frankie Tal'Sharar

149- Yahya Thomas (AA, 3rd)

157- Ryan Deakin (AA, 3rd)

165- David Ferrante or Maxx Mayfield

174- Ferrante or Troy Fisher

184- Jack Jessen

197- Andrew Davison

HWT- Lucas Davison

Not bad for a little private school

Your Wisconsin Badgers

125 Eric Barnett 8th 2021

133 Kyle Burwick 1-2 '21 NCAA

141 Austin Gomez 3-2 '21 NCAA

149 Drew Scharenbrock real good kid

157 Garrett Model real good kid

165 Josh Otto real good kid

174 Andrew McNally L R12 '21

184 Chris Weiler 0-2 '21

197 Braxton Amos  vs Ford Focus or Ferrari 

285 Trent Hilger multiple times AA

3 hours ago, Major Kong said:

Northwestern

125- Michael DeAugustino (blood round loss - terrible)

133- Chris Cannon (AA, 6th)

141- Frankie Tal'Sharar

149- Yahya Thomas (AA, 3rd)

157- Ryan Deakin (AA, 3rd)

165- David Ferrante or Maxx Mayfield

174- Ferrante or Troy Fisher

184- Jack Jessen

197- Andrew Davison

HWT- Lucas Davison

Not bad for a little private school

Cannon is a title contender 

Lucas Davison will AA

8 hours ago, Idaho said:

Yes the talk is 174 or 184. He can't make 165.... last year he was cutting down pretty far from where he initially certified and where he had wrestled during the summer. I would like to see him at 174 because they have Harvey at 184 this year and Reyes back at 184 next year. It's a good problem to have that OSU has not had to worry about in the past. I'm not sure where Valencia is going yet - There are a few ASU fans who might know @gobraves101905 .  The Pac 12 is definitely getting better. Hopefully we can add a few teams for next season.

I would say there is zero chance Munoz could even sniff 165. He loves to workout and I think he can get really big over the next 4 years. I know Vasquez is going 141. Would imagine Anthony stays at 165, but haven’t heard a thing. Waiting on Suriano too. No faith, but could Coleman make a push at 174?  

Edited by gobraves101905

2 hours ago, potentiallydangerous said:

Your Wisconsin Badgers

184 Chris Weiler 0-2 '21

The fast impact is pretty cool. Probably 4 AAs

16 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

He got caught against Manchio no? He also took Glory to OT , beat Cardinale whose an AA and knocked off Ncaa finalist Brandon Courtney 6-1 in 2020 and was the 7 seed with a good path to AAing ….

true all, but he will not be at 125 this year......

Rumor has it Hines has historically beat all in room around his weight, so he will go wherever he and the coaches choose to fit him, probably works best for Lehigh with Paetzell at 133 and Hines at 141 but we'll see what they choose to do......

21 minutes ago, Spladle88 said:

true all, but he will not be at 125 this year......

Rumor has it Hines has historically beat all in room around his weight, so he will go wherever he and the coaches choose to fit him, probably works best for Lehigh with Paetzell at 133 and Hines at 141 but we'll see what they choose to do......

Winning in the room doesn't equate to winning outside of the room.  If the results aren't there, don't expect him to stay the starter.

My best guess at Minnesota lineup

125 McKee NCAA 3rd
133 Nagao True Freshman - Cali state champ grey shirt last year
141 Polanco NQ
149 Blockhus NQ - threat to AA imo
157 Lee NCAA 6th
165 Sparks NQ - tore ACL at big tens but great regular season
174 Krattiger NQ
184 Salazar
197 Joles
HWT Gable (they’ll be in trouble at this weight if he doesn’t wrestle)

Not a great lineup, but some good recruiting classes coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michigan is in their 100th year.  You know they are going to want a title, or at worst a trophy.  I will give two scenarios here.  One where they will be their best, the other where they will likely be.

Best

125-Medley

133-Micic

141-Lamer

149-Storr

157-Lewan

165-Massa

174-Amine

184-Amine

197-Brucki

HWT-Parris

Medley seems to keep ever improving.  It is impossible to not appreciate him.  Ragusin to redshirt.  McHenry?  Where is he at weightwise?

Give me Lamer at 141, from what the rumors out of the room are he is beating both Mattins comfortably. 

I also think Massa at 165 is a requirement.  I think Amine can get as many points as Massa at 174.  He has a style like his cousin, and everyone said Myles was small for 174 his frosh/soph years too.  Massa's peak point performance at 165 is better than 174.

Now what I think will happen is Amine will stick at 165.  Apparently nobody knows if Massa and Micic will actually be back.  The only respectable body at 133 they would then have is Ragusin.  174 would likely be wrestler by committee between Walker, Bullock, and Mayfield if there is no Massa.  Bullock and Walker would have to trim down, so money would say Mayfield.  At least to start the season.  Layne VanAnrooy is an option there too.

10 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Winning in the room doesn't equate to winning outside of the room.  If the results aren't there, don't expect him to stay the starter.

Hines is very good and I expect he will compete for AA honors in whatever weight he ends up in this year.  I am guessing that will be 141.

8 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Michigan is in their 100th year.  You know they are going to want a title, or at worst a trophy.  I will give two scenarios here.  One where they will be their best, the other where they will likely be.

Best

125-Medley

133-Micic

141-Lamer

149-Storr

157-Lewan

165-Massa

174-Amine

184-Amine

197-Brucki

HWT-Parris

Medley seems to keep ever improving.  It is impossible to not appreciate him.  Ragusin to redshirt.  McHenry?  Where is he at weightwise?

Give me Lamer at 141, from what the rumors out of the room are he is beating both Mattins comfortably. 

I also think Massa at 165 is a requirement.  I think Amine can get as many points as Massa at 174.  He has a style like his cousin, and everyone said Myles was small for 174 his frosh/soph years too.  Massa's peak point performance at 165 is better than 174.

Now what I think will happen is Amine will stick at 165.  Apparently nobody knows if Massa and Micic will actually be back.  The only respectable body at 133 they would then have is Ragusin.  174 would likely be wrestler by committee between Walker, Bullock, and Mayfield if there is no Massa.  Bullock and Walker would have to trim down, so money would say Mayfield.  At least to start the season.  Layne VanAnrooy is an option there too.

That best lineup would be very impressive - there are four guys that could make the finals and four more that could AA.  125 and 149 will also be good but unless they jump levels I do not think they are likely to AA there.

8 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Best

125-Medley

133-Micic

141-Lamer

149-Storr

157-Lewan

165-Massa

174-Amine

184-Amine

197-Brucki

HWT-Parris

Agree with most of your picks.  

Myles Amine is definitely back: https://michigan.rivals.com/news/michigan-wrestling-olympic-bronze-medalist-myles-amine-will-return

Per the student directory, Massa is not listed as currently enrolled, but Micic is.  I don't know how up to date it is, so we'll wait and see.  

If Massa doesn't make it back, I like Bullock for 174.  He had some good matches against good people at 184 last year while undersized.

They recently showed pics of the guys in the weight room, and McHenry was in one of them.  Hopefully he's been putting some muscle on his frame.

On 9/8/2021 at 9:51 PM, Housebuye said:

Cannon is a title contender 

Lucas Davison will AA

Heavyweight is very deep this year - Starting the year the top 5 will be Gable, Parris, Cassioppi, Schultz & Kerkliviet - Davison will be one of many very high quality heavies that will be trying to get into the AA spots.  Other heavies who I would consider to be in the running for those AA spots include past AAs Hilger, Stencil, Wood & Orndorf plus Hendeickson, Laird, Elam, Wilson, Traxler/Catka, Slavakouski. Fernandez, Luffman, Cover, and Davison. 

37 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

Heavyweight is very deep this year - Starting the year the top 5 will be Gable, Parris, Cassioppi, Schultz & Kerkliviet - Davison will be one of many very high quality heavies that will be trying to get into the AA spots.  Other heavies who I would consider to be in the running for those AA spots include past AAs Hilger, Stencil, Wood & Orndorf plus Hendeickson, Laird, Elam, Wilson, Traxler/Catka, Slavakouski. Fernandez, Luffman, Cover, and Davison. 

That is deep... 8 returning AA plus a lot of other good ones...don't forget Gas Tank and Nevills (SDSU)

Yeah I think his older brother who just transferred in from UofM has just as good of a chance at pulling AA as him.  He is moving up in weight, didn't look the greatest against some of the big guys at US Senior Nationals.  He lost to both Lance (someone NOT on @lu1979's list there as well as got bean polled against Stencel.  Just looked very small and undersized there.  He has the frame.  He needs more size.

21 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Hines has done quite well and Paetzell's results have not exactly been "there" above 125 .....you speak in riddles, with seemingly little knowledge of the situation, fascinating.....

On 9/8/2021 at 7:17 PM, potentiallydangerous said:

Your Wisconsin Badgers

184 Chris Weiler 0-2 '21

2/20/22:  Cornell @ Wisconsin in Madison

(dropped off my daughter there last week for her freshman year.  Tempting...)

On 9/8/2021 at 7:17 PM, potentiallydangerous said:

Your Wisconsin Badgers

184 Chris Weiler 0-2 '21

Gomez at 141?  I thought he had said the cut was a huge detriment to his recovery and health while he was fighting those concussions? 

Edit: BAH! Nevermind.  He was 133 at ISU.  :P

Edited by nhs67

2 hours ago, lu1979 said:

Weight may be stacked but I think Fernandes becomes Cornell’s first AA at heavyweight ever , guy has a lot of potential and this being his “3rd” year at Cornell I think he ll be ready to roll 

53 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Weight may be stacked but I think Fernandes becomes Cornell’s first AA at heavyweight ever , guy has a lot of potential and this being his “3rd” year at Cornell I think he ll be ready to roll 

We'll know well before NCAAs if he can do it.  He could potentially face Cassioppi, Parris, Schultz, Wilson, Elam, Traxler, Isley, and Stencel (all at Journeyman National Duals!), plus whoever at Cliff Keen and Southern Scuffle, plus duals against Wood, Slavilouski, and Hillger.

125- Taylor Lamont AA

133- Ty Smith Qualifier

141- Stockton O'brian nq

149- Cameron Hunsaker nq

157-  Danny Snediker nq

165- Kekana Fouret nq

174- Demetrius Romero AA

184- Hunter Cruz nq

197- Evan Bockman nq

285- Chase Trussell nq