Idaho

Anticipate Lineups for 21-22

9 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

We read you the first time.  Geesh.

sorry - for some reason it double posted and said it "timed out"  I fixed it just for you. 

Edited by Idaho

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

There are going to be a lot of guys back in the mix at every weight that did not wrestle last year... the ivy teams (Cornell) plus individuals. I can easily see a lot of guys that AA last year (not just ASU but in general) that will place lower or not at all this coming year. I don't see ASU having an AA at 141, 174 or 184. I agree with Norfleet - he should AA and he has potential to be a bonus points guy. At the end of the day, I don't see ASU as a title threat but I think they could definitely get another trophy - which would be great for the Pac 12 as a conference - coupled with rising teams like Stanford and OSU. 

Vasquez has the talent to get there. I would say the weak link is 74. If Munoz was around still I'd say that's a better chance than their current options. It's not a given, but with the right draw and set of circumstances, ASU could pull off a better performance. The talent is there, just a question of whether they can put it together at the right time. 

1 hour ago, Elevator said:

With no season last year it is hard to guess the Ivy lineups (other than Cornell).  Anyone know? Also how tough will the Army and Navy lineups be - a challenge to Cornell? 

The short answer is "nobody really knows who any EIWA team will run out there this year."

Given Cornell's anticipated lineup, it is possible that they lose one bout to Army (and maybe not even that one).  Same for Navy (although it is more likely Navy will win at least one
bout).  That says more about Cornell than it does about the service academies (both of which have duals with Cornell this year!).

If you go by wrestlestat predictions, outside of Cornell/Lehigh/Princeton, there might be only two AAs in the EIWA.

Edited by klehner

On 9/8/2021 at 10:46 AM, ionel said:

OSU - maybe:

125    Mastrogiovanni  NQ

133    Fix AA

141    Young 

149    Gfeller NQ

157    Sheets AA

165   Wittlake AA

174    Plott AA

184    Geer AA

197    Ferrari AA - NC - 665dl - & t-shirt ripper extraordinaire

285    Harris NQ

ftfm

Edited by ionel

4 hours ago, klehner said:

If you go by wrestlestat predictions, outside of Cornell/Lehigh/Princeton, there might be only two AAs in the EIWA.

well - I guess with the extra year it will be harder than ever to AA and it already was hard.

Would not bet the house, but I would take the over on that one - a lot of teams with strong recruits: Army, Navy, Drexel and the other Ivies.   But the blood round could be bloodier than usual this year. 

On 9/19/2021 at 12:19 PM, TripNSweep said:

Vasquez has the talent to get there. I would say the weak link is 74. If Munoz was around still I'd say that's a better chance than their current options. It's not a given, but with the right draw and set of circumstances, ASU could pull off a better performance. The talent is there, just a question of whether they can put it together at the right time. 

Vasquez hasn't looked right for 3-4 years now. Any time a guy transfers to a new high school all 4 years is a red flag. He almost got teched by one of ISU's backups last year. They brought in Parco for a reason.

3 hours ago, websterk149 said:

Does anyone have an idea or guess on what Nebraska’s lineup might be like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess on Nebraska's Lineup:

125 - L Cronin is back - # 13 seed 1-2 @ NCAAs

133 - Boo Dryden, D Serrano, A Thomsen & J Parrish will fight it out. 

141 - Chad Red 3X AA

149 Ridge Lovett  or B Hardy - surprisingly the Roster shows RL as 133 still - that is a mistake. He could RS

157 - K Davenport

165 - Peyton Robb - will contend for AA in deep weight

174 - M Labriola - 2X AA could beat anyone in weight. Should be preseason # 4 or 5

184 - T Venz - AA as freshman # 8 seed last year Also have Hass who probably RS

197 - E Schultz - #2 seed and B10 RU is back - Also have S Alred who can RS

Hvwt - C Lance - Good heavyweight but probably not good enough to AA in a very deep weight.

This is a very experienced and dangerous team.  They have a lot of guys that are capable of making deep runs at the NCAAs.

On 9/18/2021 at 11:50 AM, Cowboy08 said:

Oklahoma State

Hvy - Austin Harris:  the hole at heavyweight continues, Kerk decommitting was a big blow for this weight but how they haven't found anyone else yet or hit the transfer portal is mind boggling to me.  Gas Tank Gary, Singletary or Nevills would have been a huge upgrade.  Harris wrestles hard but is just completely undersized for heavyweight 

Hi Cowboy - I think you are mistaken in the belief that any of the 3 transfers you mentioned would be any type of upgrade over Harris let alone a huge upgrade.  Harris had an excellent NCAA tourney last year with a 3-2  performance that included wins over Elam and #3 seed Stencil.  His losses were to Schultz and Kerk.  I don't think any of those 3 transfers would beat him out for the spot.  I know he is a long shot to AA this year but that applies to lots of really good heavyweights - it is a very deep weight.

Good lineup review though.

4 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

Vasquez hasn't looked right for 3-4 years now. Any time a guy transfers to a new high school all 4 years is a red flag. He almost got teched by one of ISU's backups last year. They brought in Parco for a reason.

I think he will be good to go this year. He's only had one year in the ASU room. 

On 9/19/2021 at 8:33 AM, klehner said:

The short answer is "nobody really knows who any EIWA team will run out there this year."

Given Cornell's anticipated lineup, it is possible that they lose one bout to Army (and maybe not even that one).  Same for Navy (although it is more likely Navy will win at least one
bout).  That says more about Cornell than it does about the service academies (both of which have duals with Cornell this year!).

Cornell's not losing to Army unless they sit all their main guys, i.e., Yianni, Vito, Darmstadt, and Fernandes.  

Navy beat Army in their dual last year.  While it is always close between those two, I don't see Army turning the tables with Kolat getting another year to work with his guys.

On 9/19/2021 at 2:33 PM, klehner said:

Cornell has the big guns this year and will probably lead the EIWAs - I am hoping Lehigh can edge them out in the dual or at Easterns but that will be a tall order.  Here is a guess at Navy's lineup for this year

125 - High level recruit Josh Koderhandt from Ill or Soph Grant Treaster

133 - Jacob Allen - Last years EIWA 2nd

141 - T Hunt or ?

149 - Jr PJ Crane or Soph C Hodges

157 - Soph A Cerniglia - Very good but in deep weight in EIWA

165 - Jr H Hague or new blood

174 - A lot of new talent listed at 174 including true frosh PA SC Cael Crebs

184 - Soph David Key

197 - Jr Jake Koser

Hvywt - John Birchmeier who I thought would be here is not on the roster - Possibly Sr Riley Smith

2 hours ago, lu1979 said:

141 - Chad Red 3X AA

149 Ridge Lovett  or B Hardy - surprisingly the Roster shows RL as 133 still - that is a mistake. He could RS

157 - K Davenport

174 - M Labriola - 2X AA could beat anyone in weight. Should be preseason # 4 or 5

Hvwt - C Lance - Good heavyweight but probably not good enough to AA in a very deep weight.

This is a very experienced and dangerous team.  They have a lot of guys that are capable of making deep runs at the NCAAs.

133 - Thomson, Serrano, and Sjomeling will fight it out. Boo is redshirting

149 -Ridge Lovett

Hardy will redshirt and then wrestle 141 when Red graduates. 

157 - Peyton Robb

Davenport won’t make the lineup. He was 4th on the depth chart last year @ 149 behind Lovett, Hardy , and Parrish. I think Lovett growing into 149 really threw a monkey wrench in his chances of being in the lineup. 

165 Bubba Wilson

I'm curious to see how Condomitti is doing in the room against WIlson.

Edited by Grim Reaper

141 - Chad Red 3X AA
157 - K Davenport

I saw on their roster site that Allred was listed at 165, surely that’s a typo right??

On 9/19/2021 at 2:33 PM, klehner said:

Looking at Army's team - they should have a pretty solid and very experienced squad - whether some of their guys can step up to AA level is the question.

125 - Jr Ryan Chauvin or Fr Dan Uhorchuk 

133 - Soph M Montgomery, T Deck or Fr Rich Treanor

141 - Sr Corey Shie

149 - Sr PJ Ogunsanya - def EIWA Champ

157 - Sr - Markus Hartman

165 - Fr - Dalton Harkins

174 - Soph Ben Pasuik - def EIWA Champ

184 - Soph River Simon or Fr Kyle Swartz (if he can make 84)

197 - Sr JT Brown - EIWA 2nd

285 - Sr Ben Sullivan

2 hours ago, websterk149 said:

I saw on their roster site that Allred was listed at 165, surely that’s a typo right??

Yes.  I posted this on the Everything Huskers thread on the G-board. " After contacting the Husker SID the roster has now been updated with weight classes.  But don't read too much into it, as both Lovett and Parrish are at 133.  With Thomsen listed at 125 again it looks like a cut and paste job from when these guys were freshmen."

I'll try a lineup/depth chart when we have more clarity at their actual weights.

2 hours ago, lu1979 said:

Looking at Army's team - they should have a pretty solid and very experienced squad - whether some of their guys can step up to AA level is the question.

125 - Jr Ryan Chauvin or Fr Dan Uhorchuk 

133 - Soph M Montgomery, T Deck or Fr Rich Treanor

141 - Sr Corey Shie

149 - Sr PJ Ogunsanya - def EIWA Champ

157 - Sr - Markus Hartman

165 - Fr - Dalton Harkins

174 - Soph Ben Pasuik - def EIWA Champ

184 - Soph River Simon or Fr Kyle Swartz (if he can make 84)

197 - Sr JT Brown - EIWA 2nd

285 - Sr Ben Sullivan

Seems like a strong room, particularly in upper weights.  Will be fun to see if Harkins can hit the ground running.

On 9/22/2021 at 5:47 PM, lu1979 said:

Hi Cowboy - I think you are mistaken in the belief that any of the 3 transfers you mentioned would be any type of upgrade over Harris let alone a huge upgrade.  Harris had an excellent NCAA tourney last year with a 3-2  performance that included wins over Elam and #3 seed Stencil.  His losses were to Schultz and Kerk.  I don't think any of those 3 transfers would beat him out for the spot.  I know he is a long shot to AA this year but that applies to lots of really good heavyweights - it is a very deep weight.

Good lineup review though.

He had the tournament of his life.  I've seen every match he's wrestled at OSU, I don't want to say he isn't good but he shouldn't be a starter at a school like Oklahoma State

50 minutes ago, Cowboy08 said:

He had the tournament of his life.  I've seen every match he's wrestled at OSU, I don't want to say he isn't good but he shouldn't be a starter at a school like Oklahoma State

Yep - I agree - he had a great tournament - his results before that were a different story. Not a bad wrestler at all, but I think if OKst could land Nevills in a transfer they would take him. 

5 hours ago, Cowboy08 said:

I could see Nevills possibly unseating Harris but not GTG or Singletary.  We'll see if Harris can continue to perform similar to his last NCAA tournament.  He may surprise you.

On 9/22/2021 at 4:37 PM, lu1979 said:

141 - Chad Red 3X AA

157 - K Davenport

Sounds like Robb is going back to 157