Idaho

Anticipate Lineups for 21-22

On 9/18/2021 at 9:07 AM, nom said:

Jaden Abas is a freaking bad ass!!  Love it.  Some tournaments might be difficult though.

I think you have misunderstood what was written here.   I listed Abas at 149 lbs and 157 lbs as an either or situation, i.e., I think Abas and Santillan MIGHT be the two starters at those two weight classes.  Who will be at which weight class remains to be seen.  

Another possibility for 157 lbs for Stanford would be Charlie Darracott (IF Santillan and Abas are both at 149).

On 9/27/2021 at 11:08 AM, Sheerstress said:

23 hours ago, Mphillips said:

Almost...

I think they have the Mattin bros mixed up.  Zach was tiny last year and Cole was definitively larger than Drew.  I think Cole is/would be 149, Drew at 141, and Zack at 133.

Do we know if Michigan has late enrollment?  Massa seemed pretty set on returning.  Perhaps the college grind isn't for him anymore (understandable after 12-ish years).  Does anyone have the Instergram they can check and see what exactly he put?  Might it be that he signed with CKWC as a resident athlete and not NIL?

55 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I think they have the Mattin bros mixed up.  Zach was tiny last year and Cole was definitively larger than Drew.  I think Cole is/would be 149, Drew at 141, and Zack at 133.

Do we know if Michigan has late enrollment?  Massa seemed pretty set on returning.  Perhaps the college grind isn't for him anymore (understandable after 12-ish years).  Does anyone have the Instergram they can check and see what exactly he put?  Might it be that he signed with CKWC as a resident athlete and not NIL?

And it's gone... instagram.com/massa_logan

1 hour ago, Mphillips said:

Lovely.  I remember seeing it there after someone had posted it in Minnows group.

One thing folks typically don't consider is that these guys are student athletes.  They have to be taking a full time class load to be on the team.  It has to be an actual program you are going for if you are a Grad Student too, so you can't just sign up for Core Math Comp 101, English 101, etc.

Damn.  As a Massa Superfan that has me bummed.

On a bright note, Myles Amine was very bullish on Walker.  Said he was one of, if not the best, partner leading up to the Olympics.  I don't think Maylor wins it.  It'll be Walker or Bullock.  I wish Embree could drop and be healthy.

20 hours ago, Mphillips said:

there is always the possibility that Massa is coming back but will only compete in the 2nd semester - that could be due to wanting less wear and tear on his body or tied to academic reasons in terms of how many courses he wants to take.  Has Massa said anything?  I did not get to see whatever was on that Instagram post.

30 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

there is always the possibility that Massa is coming back but will only compete in the 2nd semester - that could be due to wanting less wear and tear on his body or tied to academic reasons in terms of how many courses he wants to take.  Has Massa said anything?  I did not get to see whatever was on that Instagram post.

The Instagram link above had the announcement. Now Massa has no Instagram or at least not this one.

12 hours ago, nhs67 said:

It WAS that he had signed NIL with CKWC and that he was back.

Thank you - I would guess that there is a good chance we see him in the Maize and Blue starting 2nd semester.  A lot of people are getting revved up about who is missing from some current rosters without considering that it is common practice to just show up in the 2nd semester.  For someone like Massa who has battled injuries this may be the best strategy to maximize his chances at NCAAs.

7 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

Thank you - I would guess that there is a good chance we see him in the Maize and Blue starting 2nd semester.  A lot of people are getting revved up about who is missing from some current rosters without considering that it is common practice to just show up in the 2nd semester.  For someone like Massa who has battled injuries this may be the best strategy to maximize his chances at NCAAs.

Additionally I remember in the comments that folks had asked him 165 or 174 and he said it was undecided and up to the coaching staff.  IF they determine he is needed, it'll be because they need 174.  With how bullish Amine was on Walker, I am curious if Massa will even be 'needed' second semester.

Just now, nhs67 said:

Additionally I remember in the comments that folks had asked him 165 or 174 and he said it was undecided and up to the coaching staff.  IF they determine he is needed, it'll be because they need 174.  With how bullish Amine was on Walker, I am curious if Massa will even be 'needed' second semester.

Well that's another thing altogether - Massa could come back and not make the starting team!!! - That would be a nice problem for the Wolverines.:)

11 hours ago, lu1979 said:

Well that's another thing altogether - Massa could come back and not make the starting team!!! - That would be a nice problem for the Wolverines.:)

Assuming he actually does come back, it will really depend on which Logan Massa shows up.  Maybe the one who twice took out Mekhi Lewis in freestyle, or maybe the one who twice washed out of NCAAs.  I hope he follows whatever his passion is at this point, and finds a way to move forward.

4 hours ago, Sheerstress said:

Assuming he actually does come back, it will really depend on which Logan Massa shows up.  Maybe the one who twice took out Mekhi Lewis in freestyle, or maybe the one who twice washed out of NCAAs.  I hope he follows whatever his passion is at this point, and finds a way to move forward.

Hope it is this onemaxresdefault.jpg

On 9/30/2021 at 8:24 PM, Sheerstress said:

Over the summer he really picked up coaching and running some practices/open mats.  A lot of good noise coming out of there for that.  He will take nicely to coaching, I think.

On 9/22/2021 at 4:37 PM, lu1979 said:

My guess on Nebraska's Lineup:

125 - L Cronin is back - # 13 seed 1-2 @ NCAAs

133 - Boo Dryden, D Serrano, A Thomsen & J Parrish will fight it out. 

141 - Chad Red 3X AA

149 Ridge Lovett  or B Hardy - surprisingly the Roster shows RL as 133 still - that is a mistake. He could RS

157 - K Davenport

165 - Peyton Robb - will contend for AA in deep weight

174 - M Labriola - 2X AA could beat anyone in weight. Should be preseason # 4 or 5

184 - T Venz - AA as freshman # 8 seed last year Also have Hass who probably RS

197 - E Schultz - #2 seed and B10 RU is back - Also have S Alred who can RS

Hvwt - C Lance - Good heavyweight but probably not good enough to AA in a very deep weight.

This is a very experienced and dangerous team.  They have a lot of guys that are capable of making deep runs at the NCAAs.

Robb is going back down

On 10/6/2021 at 10:52 AM, Housebuye said:

I’d love to know as well

Reg Mizzou lineup and specifically, Hart (currently 5th on InterMat @ 141) and Kent (currently 13th on InterMat @ 184).  Good for Mizzou, but tough for these two who are ranked highly going into the season and may not keep their starting spot due to up and comers; Josh Edmund @ 141 and Colton Hawks @ 184.

Black and Gold is 2 weeks from Tuesday.  No one has any insight on how these weight classes are trending?  Thanks

3 hours ago, gallison said:

Reg Mizzou lineup and specifically, Hart (currently 5th on InterMat @ 141) and Kent (currently 13th on InterMat @ 184).  Good for Mizzou, but tough for these two who are ranked highly going into the season and may not keep their starting spot due to up and comers; Josh Edmund @ 141 and Colton Hawks @ 184.

Black and Gold is 2 weeks from Tuesday.  No one has any insight on how these weight classes are trending?  Thanks

I see a situation where the wrestle off might not necessarily settle the lineup. I’m guessing they will look at the open results against other competition as well as potential matchups between teammates at opens. 

Styles may make matchups for the OSU dual, or others for that matter.  I could see where for some duals Edmond and Hawks would give them advantages depending on the matchup.

I am curious if and when we will get Focus back in the OSU lineup and especially curious if we will see him at heavy at all this year.  OSU does have the depth to where he could go up and they would have someone ready.  Does Doucet transfer or possibly go down if/when focus goes up?

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Styles may make matchups for the OSU dual, or others for that matter.  I could see where for some duals Edmond and Hawks would give them advantages depending on the matchup.

I am curious if and when we will get Focus back in the OSU lineup and especially curious if we will see him at heavy at all this year.  OSU does have the depth to where he could go up and they would have someone ready.  Does Doucet transfer or possibly go down if/when focus goes up?

There's no reason for Focus to go hwt this year, he will stay subcompact.  

Track rosters starting to pop up - interesting to see where guys are initially weighing in - looks like AV has kept his weight down at ASU - along with Chlebove. Will be interesting to see where the lighter/mid weights end up for ASU.