Idaho

Anticipate Lineups for 21-22

On 10/10/2021 at 5:29 PM, Idaho said:

I see a situation where the wrestle off might not necessarily settle the lineup. I’m guessing they will look at the open results against other competition as well as potential matchups between teammates at opens. 

This is what Coach Smith has typically done. 

Reg Mizzou lineup and specifically, Hart (currently 5th on InterMat @ 141) and Kent (currently 13th on InterMat @ 184).  Good for Mizzou, but tough for these two who are ranked highly going into the season and may not keep their starting spot due to up and comers; Josh Edmund @ 141 and Colton Hawks @ 184. Black and Gold is 2 weeks from Tuesday.  No one has any insight on how these weight classes are trending?  Thanks

Put me in the "Edmond is going to take a few years to become a solid college wrestler" camp

He'll be ok, but Hart for now

On 10/19/2021 at 2:25 AM, Idaho said:

Track rosters starting to pop up - interesting to see where guys are initially weighing in - looks like AV has kept his weight down at ASU - along with Chlebove. Will be interesting to see where the lighter/mid weights end up for ASU. 

So Ant @ 165?

3 hours ago, Mphillips said:

Read elsewhere that Suriano is visiting CBUS today...

What a weird character. Wonder if he's capable of becoming as weirdly likeable as Ferrari (NIL wise), where everything he says, you know is moronic, but it's like "I don't mind this because.... I like the guy" 

11 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

Timing is everything... : )

When Flo went FULL RESOURCES on Drexel-Desanto, I was the king of "Don't hype this kid up to not be an AA" 
(Won some $$$ on that) 
however..... now I'm like, hype anyone up if it helps the kid. Seriously, at the time it only allowed for Desanto to be the butt of jokes. 
0 benefit to him other than pressure. 
Now I have to imagine any Flo attention equals drastically more NIL dollars. 
And Suriano, thinking he's the next Swayze and really being a title contender....  dude's going to rake it in. (assuming he goes to a major university..... I'll guess Binghampton) 

Minnesota projected lineup. (Source is theguillotine.com)

125 – Patrick McKee
133 – Jake Gliva or Vance VomBaur
141 – Marcos Polanco or Aaron Nagao or Jake Bergeland
149 – Michael Blockhus
157 – Brayton Lee
165 – Andrew Sparks
174 – Bailee O’Reilly or Jared Krattiger
184 – Isaiah Salazar
197 – Garrett Joles or Michial Foy or Rowan Morgan or Bennett Tabor
285 – Gable Steveson

Not sure if this is the correct thread to ask this but couldn’t find a better one…was watching Iowa’s media day and the pictures/posters all feature Assad as the 184. Wasn’t Brands the starter last year? Does he have redshirt to use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

So OSU will be:

125: Malik Heinselman

133: Andre Gonzales

141: Jordan Decatur

149: Sammy Sasso

157: Paddy Gallagher

165: Carson Karchla

174: Ethan Smith

184: Kaleb Romero / Rocky Jordan

197: Gavin Hoffman

285: Tate Orndorff

???

Jordan had 184 until otherwise said.  Romero didn't wrestle and Jordan beat him last year.

49 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

So OSU will be:

125: Malik Heinselman

133: Andre Gonzales

141: Jordan Decatur

149: Sammy Sasso

157: Paddy Gallagher

165: Carson Karchla

174: Ethan Smith

184: Kaleb Romero / Rocky Jordan

197: Gavin Hoffman

285: Tate Orndorff

???

Does Ryan go by the first wrestle off for the spot or does he continue to let them battle it out in the opens before a starter is declared? I can see 133 and 141 still not completely settled. 

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

Does Ryan go by the first wrestle off for the spot or does he continue to let them battle it out in the opens before a starter is declared? I can see 133 and 141 still not completely settled. 

Good question for which I do not have the answer.  

Man, I just looked up Gonzales to find out a bit more about him - he was wrestling at 106 in 2020 and is now at 133! Must be eating that chunky soup

7 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Good question for which I do not have the answer.  

Man, I just looked up Gonzales to find out a bit more about him - he was wrestling at 106 in 2020 and is now at 133! Must be eating that chunky soup

Yeah - I was surprised to see him at 133 as well. I thought he was a 125 lifer.