Jump to content

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I haven't vilified anyone. So no need to vilify anyone else.

Since the RTC is a creation of USAW, yes, it is intended to serve the interests of the national team.

I wasn't surprised Starocci lost in the first round as I think his style is more condusive to folk, so his run on the back side has me re-thinking that. The bigger surprise to me is that Imar won his second match after eking out that first one. Also plesantly surprised with James Green taking out JO at 70. And very much looking forward to Diakomihalis v. McKenna final.

How about Kerk at OTT?  Too bad he didn't compete.  Errrr.. maybe he did/  I'll just ignore that major part of my argument.  And Bekzod and Espinal etc. And lack of USA women at NLWC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Housebuye said:

So Iowa is just unlucky to have no rep at WTT and trials,  no contenders, etc? But PSU, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Michigan, Ohio State, etc can somehow consistently show up? 

Who do you think should be there, but isn't?

Spencer is hurt.

Lugo and Eierman were registered, but are injured. Both have wrestled extensively at the senior level since coming to Iowa.

Where are these other teams that are sending a bunch of college guys to WTT trials? Nebraska has 0. Oklahoma has 0. Ohio State has 0. Michigan has 1. PSU has 1.

Where is Mekhhi? Where is Nick Lee? Where is RBY? Where is Aaron Brooks? Where is Kerk? 

The actual answer to this question is that the HWC is going through a changing of the guard from the Gilman, Clark, Sorensen, Brooks era to the new era and covid extended the transition timeline by extending all of their guys' eligibility. They were expecting to have a HWC roster of Lee, Desanto, Lugo, Eierman, Marinelli, and Kemerer all competing as senior level athletes with Cass and Warner 1 year away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

How about Kerk at OTT?  Too bad he didn't compete.  Errrr.. maybe he did/  I'll just ignore that major part of my argument.  And Bekzod and Espinal etc. And lack of USA women at NLWC.

I get it. You want to make the conversation about my memory or spelling because the question I asked is too uncomfortable to answer, which is an answer itself. Well, my memory is fine on the number of HWC wrestlers entered in OTT and WTT combined. So, back to the original question. As a Iowa fan does that worry you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I get it. You want to make the conversation about my memory or spelling because the question I asked is too uncomfortable to answer, which is an answer itself. Well, my memory is fine on the number of HWC wrestlers entered in OTT and WTT combined. So, back to the original question. As a Iowa fan does that worry you?

Who do you think should be there, but isn't?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I get it. You want to make the conversation about my memory or spelling because the question I asked is too uncomfortable to answer, which is an answer itself. Well, my memory is fine on the number of HWC wrestlers entered in OTT and WTT combined. So, back to the original question. As a Iowa fan does that worry you?

You are also unaware of qualification criteria.  And apparently its ok for some to be injured, but not if they are from Iowa.  Basically, you are a fraud.

I'm  first and foremost a  wrestling fan.  But not a fan of hypocrites and people who are inconsistent.  As a USA fan, I am concerned that Spencer has not been healthy enough to pursue freestyle.  It may be costing us world and Olympic titles.  However, I do not blame the Iowa staff for this.  Lee was banged up before he came to Iowa, and he is also pursuing his personal goals of NCAA individual and team titles.  

Where is your outrage regarding the other missing Lee?  The one who beat Yianni by 8 a few months ago?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I get it. You want to make the conversation about my memory or spelling because the question I asked is too uncomfortable to answer, which is an answer itself. Well, my memory is fine on the number of HWC wrestlers entered in OTT and WTT combined. So, back to the original question. As a Iowa fan does that worry you?

I get it.  I shouldn't be allowed to include facts.  The facts weaken your argument.  Fraud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

You are also unaware of qualification criteria.  And apparently its ok for some to be injured, but not if they are from Iowa.  Basically, you are a fraud.

I'm  first and foremost a  wrestling fan.  But not a fan of hypocrites and people who are inconsistent.  As a USA fan, I am concerned that Spencer has not been healthy enough to pursue freestyle.  It may be costing us world and Olympic titles.  However, I do not blame the Iowa staff for this.  Lee was banged up before he came to Iowa, and he is also pursuing his personal goals of NCAA individual and team titles.  

Where is your outrage regarding the other missing Lee?  The one who beat Yianni by 8 a few months ago?

Bait all you want. I have no outrage. I have not vilified. I am not a fraud. Enjoy your hyperbole. You took this down hill fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

You are also unaware of qualification criteria.  And apparently its ok for some to be injured, but not if they are from Iowa.  Basically, you are a fraud.

I'm  first and foremost a  wrestling fan.  But not a fan of hypocrites and people who are inconsistent.  As a USA fan, I am concerned that Spencer has not been healthy enough to pursue freestyle.  It may be costing us world and Olympic titles.  However, I do not blame the Iowa staff for this.  Lee was banged up before he came to Iowa, and he is also pursuing his personal goals of NCAA individual and team titles.  

Where is your outrage regarding the other missing Lee?  The one who beat Yianni by 8 a few months ago?

It sucks that Cael held out so many good wrestlers. RBY, Lee, and Kerk could have all challenged for teams. Some coaches just don't value freestyle apparently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Bait all you want. I have no outrage. I have not vilified. I am not a fraud. Enjoy your hyperbole. You took this down hill fast.

downhill lol

Edited by AHamilton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, uncle bernard said:

"Iowa doesn't care about freestyle so they don't let their guys compete"

*points out they have two on a world team*

"Well only because some other guys didn't show up"

lmao

If you want to be happy that Cassioppi is on the jv team while Parris is in the finals of the WTT and took 3rd at OTT then be my guest I really don't care. Like, really, I don't care. I wish him the best and hope he brings home gold but sorry not sorry for pointing out that he's 4th best in his own U23 age group much less the rest of the senior circuit. 

Regarding my cupboard is bare statement, the senior cupboard IS bare. Who's there? The recent grads have not developed. No one is running from Jeremiah Moody. Everyone left. Perry left, Gilman left, the entire WFS team left, Ramos was run out of town, shoot even Metcalf is at the og rival.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Sorry, in all the playground name calling I missed your question. My answer is anyone. As opposed to no one.

Fraud: a person who makes deceitful pretenses; sham; poseur.

Pretending Kerk did not wrestle in OTT, and that NLWC collegians did not qualify for WTT, and did not potentially weaken Team USA by not wrestling = fraud.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

Fraud: a person who makes deceitful pretenses; sham; poseur.

Pretending Kerk did not wrestle in OTT, and that NLWC collegians did not qualify for WTT, and did not potentially weaken Team USA by not wrestling = fraud.   

Let me guess. Your dad can be up my dad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

If you want to be happy that Cassioppi is on the jv team while Parris is in the finals of the WTT and took 3rd at OTT then be my guest I really don't care. Like, really, I don't care. I wish him the best and hope he brings home gold but sorry not sorry for pointing out that he's 4th best in his own U23 age group much less the rest of the senior circuit. 

Regarding my cupboard is bare statement, the senior cupboard IS bare. Who's there? The recent grads have not developed. No one is running from Jeremiah Moody. Everyone left. Perry left, Gilman left, the entire WFS team left, Ramos was run out of town, shoot even Metcalf is at the og rival.

You're moving the goalposts. The claim of this thread by iowa haters is that iowa doesn't wrestle or care about freestyle. whether you think the u23 team is the jv team is irrelevent. it's still a freestyle world team. having two guys on the team clearly shows they value it.

As to your second point, uh yeah...anybody with a brain can understand that the senior cupboard is bare. Because all the talent is still on the college team. They set up a plan to transition to the new era post 2020 olympics. That timeline was disrupted by covid and the extra eligibility. They were supposed to have a senior roster of Lee, Desanto, Eierman, Lugo, Marinelli, and Kemerer right now. It's not their fault all those guys still have eligibility. 

If you want to be difficult and pretend you can't see that they'll have a full HWC roster after this college season (and now three women as well), that's your problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Housebuye said:

So Iowa doesn’t have anyone who should be there? That’s a problem…

They have 3 guys who should be there. Two are hurt and the other is preparing for u23 worlds. Everybody else is still in college and preparing for the season. PSU kept almost all of their college guys home. Where's the outrage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...