2 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

It is cute how some Hawkeye fans are trying to equate Iowa's non existing senior level results this year with those of Penn State. And AHamilton putting in a jammies level effort here. Yowsa!

Nobody is equating results. The comparison is participation by college wrestlers in the WTT. NLWC>HWC right now for sure. But the claim that the HWC doesn't care about freestyle because they didn't send college guys here while PSU left 4 guys home who could make the national team and 2 who could be the rep is stupid. By the logic of many here, this shows Cael doesn't care about freestyle and is sacrificing his wrestlers freestyle future for college success. Obviously, that's stupid.

Great job HWC! Alumni Mark Perry dominated as a coach to put plenty on the seniors team! That’s counts as participation points and if there was a participation trophy you would take it home! Woohoo!!!!

6 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

How did this discussion morph into active college wrestlers?  Of the Olympians and world reps, only Gable and Yianni are college students. Why aren't there any world class wrestlers in the HWC?

Fix ?

12 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

How did this discussion morph into active college wrestlers?  Of the Olympians and world reps, only Gable and Yianni are college students. Why aren't there any world class wrestlers in the HWC?

This has already been addressed.  Historically, Iowa's freestyle program is almost exclusively Iowa alum.  The older alum have either retired, are recovering from serious illness, or moved on.  The next wave of Hawkeye freestylers are almost all on the current college team.  It's a transition period to a younger generation exacerbated by COVID.

On 9/11/2021 at 9:11 AM, Housebuye said:

it’s ok to admit when your team makes decisions you disagree with. Iowa is not doing a good job of supporting their team’s freestyle aspirations, no matter what the excuse. The fact is, Spencer, Eierman, Warner, Cassioppi, etc all had serious freestyle aspirations coming in, and most have hardly competed in freestyle since coming to Iowa.

Cass not showing up to junior trials is just not something most teams would do, given the situation he was in.

Lee wrestling 1 senior tournament but 80 folkstyle matches since coming to Iowa, when he was arguably our best freestyle prospect in decades, is not what other teams would do generally. 

I've criticized Iowa and the coaches several times, when I feel it's warranted.  It's not warranted now.  Unless we're just going to criticize every college team in the country.

2 hours ago, VakAttack said:

This has already been addressed.  Historically, Iowa's freestyle program is almost exclusively Iowa alum.  The older alum have either retired, are recovering from serious illness, or moved on.  The next wave of Hawkeye freestylers are almost all on the current college team.  It's a transition period to a younger generation exacerbated by COVID.

Why are you ok with this? Iowa’s RTC is having worse results than Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Oregon State, and that’s only the O schools

3 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Why are you ok with this? Iowa’s RTC is having worse results than Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Oregon State, and that’s only the O schools

Because it's a situation of circumstance, not of lack of talent; most of the currently active freestylers under HWC banner are going to be competing for Iowa this season.  Again, show me the huge swath of currently active college wrestlers that are competing in these events.

3 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

+ Provisor 

:)

Ha…

I had forgot provisor was at grandview until listening to his interview after trials…

I feel bad for those NAIA kids… 

it feels almost irresponsible…

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Six pages of people going all in on situations they know absolutely zero about.  Pretty impressive.  I thought the lock downs were over....

Yep, only I know the reason HWC is flat broke.  KMF stole that money after he poured some truth serum down Perry.   He is one step ahead of Johnny Law and  buying the ladies "drinks" down to Mexico with that money.  If you know what I mean and you do know what I mean.

1 hour ago, Plasmodium said:

Yep, only I know the reason HWC is flat broke.  KMF stole that money after he poured some truth serum down Perry.   He is one step ahead of Johnny Law and  buying the ladies "drinks" down to Mexico with that money.  If you know what I mean and you do know what I mean.

Golden 

3 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

You gents ben like family to me