Sign in to follow this  
rpm002

61 Thoughts

Assuming the top 8 seeds hold, this bracket is awesome.... the quarterfinals in particular look stellar:  Colon/Garrett is always terrific, and Fix/Gross and Suriano/Nato are interesting style matchups that I don't think we have seen before.  

Suriano got a good draw because he has beaten Colon and Garrett before, so unless Nato can pull the upset, seems like he is in a good spot to come out of the bottom half.  Graff should make the top half semi, but I think Fix and Gross are both challenging matchups because they are both very strong at countering leg attacks (which Graff loves to take), so he'll need to find a way to finish quickly (or get his par terre game going?) to make the final to face his old training partner 2 out of 3 for a trip to the WTT.

43 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I don't know I would say suriano/nato is interesting. Its either gonna be a one sided win for suriano or boring. 

It will likely be low scoring, but I think Nato has a shot to pull the upset over the guy who I think most consider the favorite. 

Usually if the tournament favorite is in a close match with a minute to go in the quarters, most people would find that interesting and that is a very real possibility here.

8 minutes ago, rpm002 said:

It will likely be low scoring, but I think Nato has a shot to pull the upset over the guy who I think most consider the favorite. 

Usually if the tournament favorite is in a close match with a minute to go in the quarters, most people would find that interesting and that is a very real possibility here.

Nato went on a run at the OTTs and made the national team, but it was largely because there was no Lee, no Suriano, and Fix dropped out early. Before then he wasn't in the discussion, not sure if I see evidence that this has changed. 

24 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Nato went on a run at the OTTs and made the national team, but it was largely because there was no Lee, no Suriano, and Fix dropped out early. Before then he wasn't in the discussion, not sure if I see evidence that this has changed. 

Maybe partially because he had announced his retirement earlier that year?

20 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

Maybe partially because he had announced his retirement earlier that year?

Are you supporting or defying me with this comment? 

It's like you think the guy himself not thinking he could win was an endorsement.

Edited by hammerlockthree

3 hours ago, rpm002 said:

Assuming the top 8 seeds hold, this bracket is awesome.... the quarterfinals in particular look stellar:  Colon/Garrett is always terrific, and Fix/Gross and Suriano/Nato are interesting style matchups that I don't think we have seen before.  

Suriano got a good draw because he has beaten Colon and Garrett before, so unless Nato can pull the upset, seems like he is in a good spot to come out of the bottom half.  Graff should make the top half semi, but I think Fix and Gross are both challenging matchups because they are both very strong at countering leg attacks (which Graff loves to take), so he'll need to find a way to finish quickly (or get his par terre game going?) to make the final to face his old training partner 2 out of 3 for a trip to the WTT.

That's really just one thought. Where are the other sixty?

Edited by Wrestleknownothing

14 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Are you supporting or defying me with this comment? 

It's like you think the guy himself not thinking he could win was an endorsement.

No, I'm just saying that guys who retire and a few months later unretire do not generate a lot of confidence.  Why would anyone think he was a factor if he had just retired?

1 minute ago, AHamilton said:

No, I'm just saying that guys who retire and a few months later unretire do not generate a lot of confidence.  Why would anyone think he was a factor if he had just retired?

Fair enough, i'm just saying he retired because he was a non-factor, which was the point I made in the first place. 

18 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Fair enough, i'm just saying he retired because he was a non-factor, which was the point I made in the first place. 

I don't know enough about his motivations, but I do know that retirement is a bad sign.  He's in a different training situation now.  Will it matter?  Probably not enough.

2 hours ago, LJB said:

there are 2 that are interesting at 61 and one other that could be...

also...

one kid getting his feet wet...

the rest are pretty meh...

Who are you referring to? 

Interesting: Suriano and Gross?

Getting feet wet: Fix?

On 9/8/2021 at 5:37 PM, rpm002 said:

Bump. :)

On 9/8/2021 at 12:37 PM, rpm002 said:

Respect. You called it.

On 9/8/2021 at 6:38 PM, hammerlockthree said:

Dude you just love to hate on Buckeyes and former Buckeyes.  Nate retired briefly due injury concerns.  This was definitely an upset but their are lots of reasons to believe Nato is elite when healthy.

Just now, hammerlockthree said:

odd you didn't speak up at the time...

I'm not really on here that much and did not suggest that I had predicted the upset, just that you always go great lengths to post things that are disparaging towards Ohio State and former Ohio State athletes.  

2 minutes ago, balanceseeker said:

I'm not really on here that much and did not suggest that I had predicted the upset, just that you always go great lengths to post things that are disparaging towards Ohio State and former Ohio State athletes.  

its not a personal thing I just think they are poorly coached for such a high level program.

Edited by hammerlockthree

29 minutes ago, AnklePicker said:

Suriano doesn’t have great leg attacks.  Never was really close to even touching Nato’s legs let alone scoring. Also his conditioning looked a bit suspect. 

Despite the blood time breaks.'

The fact that Suriano has been outlasted by Vitali Arujau in a freestyle match says a lot about his conditioning.  Should probably become Nicky Peloton.

Edited by AHamilton