Sign in to follow this  
rpm002

61 Thoughts

15 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

its not a personal thing I just think they are poorly coached for such a high level program.

Despite this poor coaching they have continued to produce NCCA champs and AA , World Champs and an Olympic Champ.  You're right your not bias at all.

1 hour ago, balanceseeker said:

I'm not really on here that much and did not suggest that I had predicted the upset, just that you always go great lengths to post things that are disparaging towards Ohio State and former Ohio State athletes.  

Is this a bad time to bring up Oregon?

1 hour ago, hammerlockthree said:

Is it bias to point out something that sucks? 

The point was that they have been producing at the highest level for the past 15 years so they actually don't suck, you just think that because you don't like them, hence the bias.

29 minutes ago, balanceseeker said:

The point was that they have been producing at the highest level for the past 15 years so they actually don't suck, you just think that because you don't like them, hence the bias.

Well I don't like them because they are poorly coached, which is bizarre given the fact that they blow out every other resource a program can have. I would rather cheer for a program that does a lot with a little than one that does a mediocre amount with the most.

Is that ok with you? Do i have to like everyone equally?

Edited by hammerlockthree

18 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Well I don't like them because they are poorly coached, which is bizarre given the fact that they blow out every other resource a program can have. I would rather cheer for a program that does a lot with a little than one that does a mediocre amount with the most.

Is that ok with you? Do i have to like everyone equally?

You can like and cheer for whoever you like.  The point is what you are saying isn't factually accurate.  The by any objective measure they don't do a mediocre job.  In fact for the past decade or so they have done a better job than everyone else except Penn State.  They have great facilities and a lot of resources but as far as I know they don't have any more scholarships than any of the other elite programs.  How does that equate to them having bad coaching?

4 minutes ago, balanceseeker said:

You can like and cheer for whoever you like.  The point is what you are saying isn't factually accurate.  The by any objective measure they don't do a mediocre job.  In fact for the past decade or so they have done a better job than everyone else except Penn State.  They have great facilities and a lot of resources but as far as I know they don't have any more scholarships than any of the other elite programs.  How does that equate to them having bad coaching?

Someones always out of shape, they are always terrible on the mat(or show up good and then get worse), freshmen nationals champs that regress and never repeat, they don't mat return well...they don't know how how to round out their wrestlers. 

Tomasello has exploded since he left. Good for him.

Edited by hammerlockthree

I've never seen someone turn around as hard as Tomasello has so many years after college. It's hard to believe it's all due to the change of scenery. Maybe Hazewinkel is the best coach in the world or maybe there's more to it. Anyone know? 

Edited by wrestlingnerd

3 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

I've never seen someone turn around as hard as Tomasello has so many years after college. It's hard to believe it's all due to the change of scenery. Maybe Hazewinkel is the best coach in the world or maybe there's more to it. Anyone know? 

Injuries right? Would explain why the retirement seemed to help.

11 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Someones always out of shape, they are always terrible on the mat(or show up good and then get worse), freshmen nationals champs that regress and never repeat, they don't mat return well...they don't know how how to round out their wrestlers. 

Tomasello has exploded since he left. Good for him.

Did Lou Rosselli suck at coaching while at Ohio State and suddenly become a great coach when he went to Oklahoma?

4 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Maybe he is finally healthy and 61k is not as hard of a cut for him?  He looks the best I have seen home in a long time.