Lunaticfringe

Suriano to Italy?

The US, Dagestan, and Ossetia have outgrown this one per nation rule so badly. I wonder if the FS leaders will ever acknowledge this or keep pretending that its such a pretty array of colors placing at the tournaments and wrestling is growing in so many new countries. 

If he fades out of prominence in the US, I don't see him as the type to try for glory somewhere else. I think he moves on to something else such as MMA and leaves the sport altogether with one or two more outings like this weekend. He cannot handle not being in the spotlight.

Well I was thinking that Suriano was going to put on a better performance than what he did. So maybe Nick wrestles somewhere this upcoming season and we see him try for another World team spot. I have to hand it to both NaTo and Fix for their performances. NaTo handled Nick and Fix handled NaTo pretty well. So congrats to Fix. I hope that he can do well in Oslo. 

Nicky 61 ain’t Nicky 57. Not a slight, just a reality that he excels at an Olympic weight where we have a reigning Olympic bronze that was a broken merkle from taking out the gold medalist 

1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

Nicky 61 ain’t Nicky 57. Not a slight, just a reality that he excels at an Olympic weight where we have a reigning Olympic bronze that was a broken merkle from taking out the gold medalist 

Nicky also "exceled" at 57 kg +2 kilo.  For two whole tournaments.

On 9/12/2021 at 7:36 AM, BigTimeFan said:

Suriano didn’t even bother to wrestle for third place today. 

i like suriano

but it didn't look like he bothered to wrestle any of this matches...

just didn't do anything, but fake/parry/thrust/slap

On 9/12/2021 at 4:46 PM, hammerlockthree said:

yeah something tells me he isn't going to denounce his us citizenship

You don't need to forfeit your US citizenship if you become a dual citizen. In fact I believe the US allows you to acquire no more than 2 foreign passports besides your US one. Lucky I have some choices in that regard. 

On 9/12/2021 at 6:45 PM, NJDan said:

That was by marriage IIRC. If Nicky can find a nice Italian girl he'd be set.

Are you referring to Chamizo?  I know he had an Itialian wife.  What about Abraham Conyedo?  What's the story there?

16 minutes ago, Fishbane said:

Are you referring to Chamizo?  I know he had an Itialian wife.  What about Abraham Conyedo?  What's the story there?

Yes. As to Abraham: No idea. Never heard of him. 

Does Suriano have any ancestors from San Marino?

1 minute ago, NJDan said:

Yes. As to Abraham: No idea. Never heard of him. 

Does Suriano have any ancestors from San Marino?

Italy had two wrestlers at the Olympics in 2021.  Chamizo who finished 5th at 74kg and Abraham who won bronze at 97kg.  Both of them are from Cuba.

1 minute ago, Fishbane said:

Italy had two wrestlers at the Olympics in 2021.  Chamizo who finished 5th at 74kg and Abraham who won bronze at 97kg.  Both of them are from Cuba.

Didn't San Marino also have two. And pity the Vatican, which had none.