Sign in to follow this  
FreezeWrestling

Stieber/Bormet Relationship?

I was watching the Stieber/Humphrey matchup and I noticed Michigan assistant coach Sean Bormet in Logan's corner. This is extremely weird seeing that Bormet is a Michigan guy and Stieber an Ohio State guy. I am not aware of any prior relationship between Stieber and Overtime either.

Is there something I am missing here?

Both Stieber and Hump are coached by Lou Roselli. Maybe Bormet was asked to coach Logan?

I think this makes the most sense. I think Bormet and Roselli are pretty close, so maybe he was doing Lou a favor. Bergman was wrestling himself that day, and how involved is Jaggers in the freestyle coaching? Bormet obviously has a great mind for freestyle. He was probably the best option available.

Also, I think there is minor collaboration between the clubs. Not necessarily collaboration, but a positive relationship.

Yeah I would assume Lou (and maybe rest of Ohio RTC staff) bows out of picking sides when there is a match with two OTC guys. Hump has his dad to corner him and Steiber probably found someone he knew with a coaches pass that was useful to towel him off and throw in the brick when prompted too. Not sure it's much more complicated than that.

Yeah I would assume Lou (and maybe rest of Ohio RTC staff) bows out of picking sides when there is a match with two OTC guys. Hump has his dad to corner him and Steiber probably found someone he knew with a coaches pass that was useful to towel him off and throw in the brick when prompted too. Not sure it's much more complicated than that.

Maybe he could have asked Ramos to towel him off.