BigTimeFan

Some great consi matches at 79kg

10 hours ago, Jim L said:

IIRC, Ruth made the national team shortly after college. I dont remember his results internationally, but as we see with Nolf making the national team is no small feat in US FS. 

Not just a national team, but a world team.  In 2014 he won the trials at 86kg.

13 hours ago, Fishbane said:

Not just a national team, but a world team.  In 2014 he won the trials at 86kg.

Yes, that's what I meant, making the world team shows that he was really good at FS, just not as dominant as he was in collegiately. 

I looked it up and he was 1-1 at 2014 Worlds losing to eventual Bronze medalist Mohammad Mohammadian of Iran 7-4.

A FS career path that somewhat resembles Askren.  Both were so good in college, some part of us expected them to easily dominant in a different style that did not translate well for their folkstyle skills and they apparently did not have a passion for.

6 minutes ago, Jim L said:

Yes, that's what I meant, making the world team shows that he was really good at FS, just not as dominant as he was in collegiately. 

I looked it up and he was 1-1 at 2014 Worlds losing to eventual Bronze medalist Mohammad Mohammadian of Iran 7-4.

A FS career path that somewhat resembles Askren.  Both were so good in college, some part of us expected them to easily dominant in a different style that did not translate well for their folkstyle skills and they apparently did not have a passion for.

The exact same Mohammadian who then hit a mysterious growth spurt and wasa top 97 kg for a few months.