spladle08

The Biggest Surprise of the Finals will be.....

Y'all feeling any surprises?

Clearly we all think this new NATO can hang with Fix...

Does McKenna vs Johnny go 3?

Can Deakin somehow win? (This is the 2nd clearest 2-0 for me #Green)

Is Ringer too big for JB? Or JB too savvy?

Cox in 2 clearly

Gwiz vs Parris feels like a toss... But I'm feeling Gwiz this time .

To be fair, everyone seems to hang with Fix. The biggest surprise would be if there are more than 5 points scored in the match. Hell, anything more than 3 total points will be a barn burner.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

To be fair, everyone seems to hang with Fix. The biggest surprise would be if there are more than 5 points scored in the match. Hell, anything more than 3 total points will be a barn burner.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I'm a big Fix homer... But man this is right.... In highschool he would push the pace against almost anyone at the Senior level lol as a seasoned vet 2-1 feels pretty accurate.

Moore over Cox. He actually looked better after he injured his shoulder.
I knew Moore-Jackson would be close, and it was until the end .... But I just can't see how he scores enough on Cox to win.
I bet it's real close but Cox in 2
If Moore wins... You win the "biggest surprise"

I will say McKenna over Diakomihalis, though I think this is a 50/50, so maybe doesn't qualify as a surprise.
For pure surpise I would say Moore over Cox because I just don't see that happening.
I think McKenna over Jonathan would be a surprise to 70% of the community.
But in here.... Most know 50/50
I really feel like McKenna is our most solid wrestler at this weight. It's obviously debatable and I'm a bigger John fan but....
I think he's a more complete Zain in a lot of ways

Biggest surprise for me?  Welker takes a match from Blades.

We have seen Fix-NATO a few times.  Fix should win 2-0 in two 1 point or criteria matches at worst.  After seeing Fox dismantle Gross, this could be equally as bad.

McKenna just doesn't get out of place often and really only struggles with guys who are massive.  I would not be surprised by any result here.  Two matches or three with either winning.

Green likely wins 70 in two.

I can't bet against JB.  That doesn't mean I won't predict Ringer in two, though.  Too big and strong at his natural weight.

If Moore was 100% I give him a chance.  He isn't now, so I have Cox in two 6-3/7-4 type matches.

The Parris that gassed and squeeked by Zillmer yesterday isn't beating Gwiazdowski twice.  I am anticipating that Zillmer is just that good right now and Parris wins this in three.  Also like 65 I would not be surprised to see either win in two or three here.

I will be surprised if there are any surprises. 

Any of these would surprise me:

Tomo techs Fix. I won’t be surprised if he wins. It’s the tech that will surprise me.

McKenna beats Yianni. I think Yianni has got this. 

Deakin wins. Mild surprise. Won’t raise my pulse more than a few BPM. Soft-core surprise. 

Moore takes more than five points total off Cox. People keep underestimating Cox. Moore looks good. Sure. But Cox is another level. Recall what he did to Bo Nickal. Recall he bested Taylor for the worlds. Recall that he couldn’t make weight for 97 but could for 92. Don’t try to figure this guy out. 

Ringer makes the team: wouldn’t have surprised me before I saw them both wrestler. I felt Ringer was underwhelming and JB looked fantastic. 

Gwiz wins. I think Parris’ star is rising. When I looked back and saw his Jr Worlds match with Zare I realized he’s that good. And Gable is simply a freak of nature. 

Biggest surprise for me?  Welker takes a match from Blades.

I watched their last match, Welker has come a ways since then but Blades is just so solid on her feet..... I'd be surprised to see her drop one .
Who knows though, I'm sure they've practiced together quite a bit in the past month. You may be onto something.

When I looked back and saw his Jr Worlds match with Zare I realized he’s that good.

Damnit I hate that win as a point of reference hahaha he is tough but that was clearly a 1x thing .

I like Gwiz to win one as well though . Parris has a really high ceiling but just not yet

Is Parris beating Gwiz again really an upset? If so, I’ll take that. NaTo and Deakin have the next best shots but let’s see if they can put together two solid days in a row.

I also agree the Yianni/McKenna is 50/50. Those two, JO, Zain, and now Nick Lee could wrestle 10 times and have 10 unique results. Lots of parity domestically.

8 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Damnit I hate that win as a point of reference hahaha he is tough but that was clearly a 1x thing .

I like Gwiz to win one as well though . Parris has a really high ceiling but just not yet

I agree that the pin looks that way but I wouldn’t bet against Parris in a rematch. 

I agree that the pin looks that way but I wouldn’t bet against Parris in a rematch. 
I totally would. Hahaha but I'm also a big Zare fanatic, I really thought it would be him and Gable in the Olympic Finals.
When he went out and got that 3-0 lead or whatever it was on Geno I thought "that's a wrap" but Geno was game..... And we ended up getting that epic gold.medal match. Maybe next Olympics

I hope / assume Zare’s sticking around. Any news on the Iranian team for Oslo?
I have no news but I hope somebody chimes in and knows the full line-up. I wish we had a thread of confirmed top guys in/out of Worlds.

Also MyMar vs Hidlay battle of future contenders domestically

Looking at at it now, if NATO beats Fix, we wouldn’t be too surprised. But if anyone would have picked NATO to win the whole thing from the beginning, we would’ve thought they were crazy. So if he wins, I’d say he’d be the biggest surprise.

If I need to know anything about wrestling or sports, I ask@ShakaAloha because he knows more than me.

Looking at at it now, if NATO beats Fix, we wouldn’t be too surprised. But if anyone would have picked NATO to win the whole thing from the beginning, we would’ve thought they were crazy. So if he wins, I’d say he’d be the biggest surprise.

If I need to know anything about wrestling or sports, I ask@ShakaAloha because he knows more than me.
You haven't figured out that signature yet huh lol :)
You're right though. I was on the "NATO has nothing left" train
He definitely proved me wrong.... I know the narrative is: "injuries" but what if it's just the weight ?

Anyone else feel that Cox had a pretty big negative attitude toward MyMar?  His dancing ... his signaling telling MyMar -- 'come right here and wrestle you pansy' one time when went OOB and the wrestling was stopped earlier than Cox liked (my memory might have that exchange wrong but the stance in center tapping the mat for MyMar to come was clear).    Is there beef there?   Is it against the OH State room?  Will he do the same with Moore?

Or, is it just the J'Den way?