spladle08

The Biggest Surprise of the Finals will be.....

Anyone else feel that Cox had a pretty big negative attitude toward MyMar?  His dancing ... his signaling telling MyMar -- 'come right here and wrestle you pansy' one time when went OOB and the wrestling was stopped earlier than Cox liked (my memory might have that exchange wrong but the stance in center tapping the mat for MyMar to come was clear).    Is there beef there?   Is it against the OH State room?  Will he do the same with Moore?
Or, is it just the J'Den way?
I think it's marketing + a chip on his shoulder from the Olympic catastrophe.

He really is the most capable guy we have, if he ever decides to tech everyone I fully believe he can .
He seems to be a more conditioned and defensive minded JO but for some reason hits extreme lulls in action.
Everyone has their flaws and his feels like although he is capable of being the absolute best he pulls the "new JO" strategy of "do just enough" too often... He always wins, but it's not paletable. .
When Dake or DT or hell anyone we have, is wrestling a "CAN" .... They put on a show .... J'den gets a lead and let's the match end a decision...

I think he is trying to market himself a bit with the antics.

Just now, spladle08 said:
5 minutes ago, LJB said:
is that dan knight in carter's corner right now?
a little odd if so...

How good is this dude.... I've watched him since youth but he just keeps improving.

yeah... used to be really close with the family years ago...

great kid...

does everything right...

he has wrestled a great tourney...

1 minute ago, Gantry said:

Beating Seth Gross, Tyler Graff and Nashon Garrett before ever wrestling a college match - wow Northwestern got a good one.

he looked great... 

not that i put an incredible amount of stock in beating those folk wrestlers in real wrestling, but, still great wins for carter... Graff more so than the others...

the fix match was clearly a big brother situation... carter and fix have been close since carter was 8... if they wrestle again i bet it goes a little different... or rather i hope it does...

3 minutes ago, Major Kong said:

I might have to revise my NU lineup. This kid oughta be in it at 33 or 41.

if you don't know you better ask somebody...

he was also in the Junior world team finals against mendez this summer...

1 minute ago, Gantry said:

Even in that big Fix loss he definitely battled and got in a few times, just an amazing tourney. 

right...

i equate it to fighting your dad...

my guess is the mental aspect of the match goes different next time...

carter now truly knows he is right there...

Recall that he couldn’t make weight for 97 but could for 92. Don’t try to figure this guy out.

There's been a lot of jokes about this, which is all good fun. But it was just really poor planning and organization. Making 97 was never going to be a problem for him unless he shows up late to weigh-ins. The dude wrestled 86 a few years ago. He has the potential to be one of the best wrestlers on the planet if he is in the right head space and wrestling aggressively.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Crotalus said:

There's been a lot of jokes about this, which is all good fun. But it was just really poor planning and organization. Making 97 was never going to be a problem for him unless he shows up late to weigh-ins. The dude wrestled 86 a few years ago. He has the potential to be one of the best wrestlers on the planet if he is in the right head space and wrestling aggressively.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Absolutely. I know it was just a really bad confluence of events and the pros and cons of our system were debated to death. Mine was a joke supporting the notion that making 97kg was not the issue in that he made a weight 11 pounds lighter not too many months later. 

6 minutes ago, spladle08 said:
9 minutes ago, nom said:
Starocci beats Nolf!!   Looked like the better guy too.  Getting to legs far better than Nolf.  Wow.

That one has to sting for Nolf but man CS looked great on the backside

I totally agree. Hard to see that as Nolf not giving it his all. I need to watch the Lujan match. Hard to understand how he took out Nolf but couldn’t get past Lujan. And I underrating Lujan?

3 minutes ago, BigTimeFan said:

I totally agree. Hard to see that as Nolf not giving it his all. I need to watch the Lujan match. Hard to understand how he took out Nolf but couldn’t get past Lujan. And I underrating Lujan?

Lujan scores a lot in funk and exposure positions, very tough matchup for someone who is mainly a folkstyler.