Perry

Starocci

On 9/16/2021 at 8:58 PM, VakAttack said:

Could be.  Most guys don't make HUGE jumps midcareer, just continued improvement.  Off the top of my head, I can think of Pletcher.

What about A Robles - i always thought that the jump he made from his junior year to his senior year was pretty incredible.

So, to summarize:

Luke Pletcher makes a huge jump, signaled by some good Freestyle wins in the offseason.

Starocci, one of two people who can be a five timer, beats a guy who went 2-1-1-1 at NCAAs, Evan Wick and Chance Marsteller on the same weekend. He went from beating Marsteller 4-2 to a 7-0 shutout, after spending a summer training with multiple 2021 Olympic medalists. But, no, he’s already run out of talent, progression or both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

So, to summarize:

Luke Pletcher makes a huge jump, signaled by some good Freestyle wins in the offseason.

Starocci, one of two people who can be a five timer, beats a guy who went 2-1-1-1 at NCAAs, Evan Wick and Chance Marsteller on the same weekend. He went from beating Marsteller 4-2 to a 7-0 shutout, after spending a summer training with multiple 2021 Olympic medalists. But, no, he’s already run out of talent, progression or both.

Opposite day, bro.

Pletcher did not make a jump.  Starocci did and will continue to improve.

3 hours ago, Le duke said:

So, to summarize:

How old will he be if he is a five timer?

21 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I did peep the wrestlestat.

https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler/44636/pletcher-luke/profile

Nothing is disproving what I said.  He had his dip.  He steadily improved, as you can tell by his bonus percentage increasing steadily his soph, junior, and senior season. 

Peep harder!

I think we have different understandings of "steadily". That's fine. We both agree he improved, just see differently as to the extent of his improvement. I don't have the motivation to whip out the ole' web scraper, but I feel confident that if you compared his match points and takedown #'s, his senior year would show a significant increase compared to prior years. Afterall, his bonus % nearly doubled between his junior and senior year. That is a pretty significant jump to me. If you think that is a "steady" increase, well... we don't have much more to talk about

1 hour ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

Peep harder!

I think we have different understandings of "steadily". That's fine. We both agree he improved, just see differently as to the extent of his improvement. I don't have the motivation to whip out the ole' web scraper, but I feel confident that if you compared his match points and takedown #'s, his senior year would show a significant increase compared to prior years. Afterall, his bonus % nearly doubled between his junior and senior year. That is a pretty significant jump to me. If you think that is a "steady" increase, well... we don't have much more to talk about

His bonus went 10 to 30 to 50.  That is steady innit?

Could, by your logic, argue that because bonus tripled between 2nd and 3rd year that was his leap year yeah?

Otherwise you have a lot of speculative 'if this is true then I am right' stuff going on there.

Every guy going in to his senior season has tgat 'Tine to be serious' moment.  The only significantly special thing that happened was a weight class change.  Everything else was a reaction to that and basic, steady improvement.

6 hours ago, Le duke said:

So, to summarize:

Who is the other potential 5 timer? (Is this because last year was a free year?)

1 minute ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Didn't realize we were on a "hate" basis.  Noted.  

Haha!  I don't hate you.  I meant more, I believe.  My apologies.  Whatever I said, I didn't mean for it to come across as 'I H8 U' or anything like that.  This was 11 days ago, which is forum-age for 14 years.  Please forgive me.

Just now, nhs67 said:

Haha!  I don't hate you.  I meant more, I believe.  My apologies.  Whatever I said, I didn't mean for it to come across as 'I H8 U' or anything like that.  This was 11 days ago, which is forum-age for 14 years.  Please forgive me.

Just giving you a hard time, I figured you mistyped.  And I only check in around here every 11 days or so so that parts on me.