AnklePicker

Carter Young

22 minutes ago, IronChef said:

Looks like NW doesn't start class until the 21st, so he hadn't started yet. I assume he’s sitting out the first semester and then redshirting since classes at Oklahoma State have been going for a month.

Everyone on here uses NW, but it's NU (for anyone who cares) And when this kid committed, he called it the "University of Northwestern". Doomed from the start. Sad for us NU fans.

21 minutes ago, Major Kong said:

Everyone on here uses NW, but it's NU (for anyone who cares) And when this kid committed, he called it the "University of Northwestern". Doomed from the start. Sad for us NU fans.

He committed there and didn't even know the right name of the place?  I guess Northwestern's academic standards aren't what they're reputed to be.

Edited by witwhiz

53 minutes ago, witwhiz said:

He committed there and didn't even know the right name of the place?  I guess Northwestern's academic standards aren't what they're reputed to be.

They aren't - for recruited athletes anyway.

1 hour ago, Major Kong said:

Thought NU was Northern University, who knew?  :)

Northernuniversity.png

8 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Likely a multimillion dollar loss in personal compensation unless he gets a job in wrestling after he’s done competing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have no idea.  ;_;

20 hours ago, spladle08 said:

Hahah he'll be a 141 lifer I'd guess.
Lol y'all really hate how much Fartsmeller cut.
It had to the extra 8lbs that year, not the heavy drug and alcohol use ...

I forgot about Chance, I was thinking more along the lines of TJ Jaworsky and Jerry Best. 

I was pretty bummed about this transfer, mainly because I don't like to see guys bailing on their commitments and I like to see parity in the B1G.

But if what Willie said (I think?) is true -- that that the transfer was caused by the impending termination of Kennedy/Howe for refusing to get vaccinated -- then I'm totally sympathetic with Young and can only shake my head at Kennedy/Howe for the self-inflicted wound.

19 minutes ago, AnklePicker said:

I’m not sure this is a good or bad move for Carter long term, I wish him nothing but the best but this is a heartbreaker for Storniolo. He’s done a hell of a job there. Seems to me his guys all improve. 

I think this is true for the most part, but do you think it gets held against Storniolo that he wasn't able to get Deakin and Rivera to the top of the podium, and his only champ was Tshirt, who got worse every year?

On a side note, I agree with the other posters on here that think Carter should have stayed at NU.

15 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

I think this is true for the most part, but do you think it gets held against Storniolo that he wasn't able to get Deakin and Rivera to the top of the podium, and his only champ was Tshirt, who got worse every year?

On a side note, I agree with the other posters on here that think Carter should have stayed at NU.

I hope Deakin can change all that this year.  Cannon, DeAugustino, and Yahya are all super exciting to watch.  

15 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

I think had Rivera stayed at NU he would have been on top of the podium.  He made tremendous strides at NU after barely winning 1 state title in NJ.  Not sure what's up with Deakin but I don't put his post season issues on the coaches.  Tsirtsis had quite a bit going on in his life during his NU years. Again not sure you can put that on the coaches.  He did win a title there.   

8 hours ago, AnklePicker said:

I think had Rivera stayed at NU he would have been on top of the podium.  He made tremendous strides at NU after barely winning 1 state title in NJ.  Not sure what's up with Deakin but I don't put his post season issues on the coaches.  Tsirtsis had quite a bit going on in his life during his NU years. Again not sure you can put that on the coaches.  He did win a title there.   

Keep in mind in 2020 Deakin was undefeated and Rivera won B10’s going through Gross and RBY.  Obviously no one knows what would have happened but certainly possible one of them wins in 2020 if it didn’t get cancelled.

I don’t think Rivera was winning 141 last year anywhere though.  Maybe would have had a shot if he stayed at 133 I guess.

9 hours ago, AnklePicker said:

Deakin is really hard to figure, but when he's on, he sure looks like an NCAA champ, and his tournaments have been disappointing to say the least. Even as a supporter of NU wrestling I wonder what he would have accomplished with Cael and Co. That said, really hope he gets it done this year.

On 9/22/2021 at 11:05 PM, Major Kong said:

Deakin is really hard to figure, but when he's on, he sure looks like an NCAA champ, and his tournaments have been disappointing to say the least. Even as a supporter of NU wrestling I wonder what he would have accomplished with Cael and Co. That said, really hope he gets it done this year.

I don't see how anyone could watch Deakin now, compared to where he was when he arrived, and not conclude the coaches did a great job with him.