nom

All eyes on Burroughs’ calf

Can someone remove the mystery and let the world know if it was a minor thing … like a cramp?  If it wasn’t minor, I’m guessing secrecy may prevail.  But if minor, guessing word can spread ….

Can someone remove the mystery and let the world know if it was a minor thing … like a cramp?  If it wasn’t minor, I’m guessing secrecy may prevail.  But if minor, guessing word can spread ….

Dudes been pretty dependable through a slew of injuries but I too am concerned

Tearing a calf sucks.  I did it, felt a pop and then wondered if I had been  shot or stung by a hornet. Or a nest of hornets.    Hopefully that is not the case here, and if so, it is minor one that can be good after a few days of rest and treatment.

If it's a calf strain - sounds like it - then that is a very, very difficult injury to manage. Calves heal very slowly and without the muscle healed, it's very difficult to drive off the foot.
Solid assessment.
Hope it's mild.
I'm nervous but think both he or Ringer will perform at a high level

28 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Solid assessment.
Hope it's mild.
I'm nervous but think both he or Ringer will perform at a high level

The Twitter account - Profootballdoc - is a former Ortho Surgeon for the San Diego Chargers. He has written quite extensively on calf strains and the biggest problem is that even a mild strain is hard to manage. For someone like Jordan, his explosiveness is what separates him from the rest of the world. I do worry that a calf strain will impact his Achilles and create greater disruption to his lower extremities. Luckily, Alex is a solid fill-in for 79kg. 

Mark Hall is likely to be the training partner, but they may ask Ringer to go to Oslo, if JB is unable to give it a good go.

Vito was in Japan for the same reason, I believe.  Not as a partner, but as a last resort.

Just now, AnklePicker said:

Do you disagree that it’s a weaker weight?

i disagree with JB ****ting on the weight before he gets dropped like 3rd period french by dake and then coming out and saying how tough the weight is after when it is his only option...

it really doesn't matter who we send...
79 is a weak weight and doesn't count for much as per JB himself just 6 months ago...
79kg has legitimately been the weakest weight at the last several worlds.
Absurdly weak not even debatable...
No clear how this year will look but if it's remotely similar, Ringer or JB are finalists

i disagree with JB ****ting on the weight before he gets dropped like 3rd period french by dake and then coming out and saying how tough the weight is after when it is his only option...

Lol yeah you can't change your stance but as far as the weight goes... It's been extremely bad

Just now, LJB said:

So you actually agree with JB’s assessment?  Do you also not agree that the weight is currently pretty tough domestically?

1 minute ago, LJB said:

i agree JB is pretty typical...

So again, you do agree. Just looking for any angle to repeatedly throw shade at JB. And BTW did you not happen to hear the stuff Dake was saying to JB before he made those comments?

23 minutes ago, AnklePicker said:

So again, you do agree. Just looking for any angle to repeatedly throw shade at JB. And BTW did you not happen to hear the stuff Dake was saying to JB before he made those comments?

not any angle...

just this obvious one...

3 hours ago, LJB said:

it was 3-0, 3-2, but don't let that get in the way of your salinity levels

18 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

it was 3-0, 3-2, but don't let that get in the way of your salinity levels

i thought i was going on ignore????

**giggles**

anyway...

not salty even a little...

just amused...