nom

All eyes on Burroughs’ calf

12 hours ago, jp157 said:

I clearly stated that If he flipped his tune that it’s not a strong look. 

I simply pointed out that while Burroughs made a factual statement. Dake spent a giant portion of that argument making excuses about past results, and whining about the established procedures in place. Which you of course ignored.

If you can factually find a way to say he didn’t and I’m lying. Feel free to do so.

So unless you can present otherwise. We have one dude giving lots of excuses and the other pointing out he wrestled in a weak non Olympic weight. Again, if he’s backtracked, that’s bad for him. But he also never spent 30 minutes whining about rules and offering excuses. 

Im simply curious if excuses are only okay when it’s people you like.. 

shocking you feel like anyone can say anything... make up what ever they want... just because someone was being a big meanie to them...

JB said it...

but, but, but...

dake was being a meanie!!!!!!

again...

accountability not so big your circles...

whatever...

2 hours ago, Housebuye said:

I assume you also called out Dake for his attitude over the last decade prior to making the team? 

why you all want to bring up dake for JB acting all typical, but...

dake's results improved dramatically the moment he stopped whining...

1 hour ago, AHamilton said:

Wasn't Dake JB's Olympic training partner at one of the Olympiads?

I don't think so.  I believe JB had Raymond Jordan in 2012 and Robert Kokesh in 2016.  Dake would have been a bit young in 2012 and had surgery after 2016 trials.  Dake was the alternate in 2013 after JB broke his ankle, but I doubt they were training together.

Edited by misterc

11 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Dake was JB's training partner only once: the worlds in between Dake's junior and senior year. Dake mentioned during his senior year that JB planted the idea of 4 in 4 weights in his head during that summer.

Thanks! I was pretty sure he was a training partner, but I was thinking Olympics.

3 hours ago, Housebuye said:

You should listen/watch it. It wasn’t Askren’s fault. 

Askren can be an instigator, but he doesn’t do it like this. He didn’t expect Dake and JB to go at it like that

I haven't seen the interview in question, but if Askren did invite Dake onto the show without letting JB know ahead of time, what -- besides stirring up an argument -- could have possible been the reason for doing so?  Why not just invite them both onto the show on equal terms?

I note that it would take work and planning to secure both JB and Dake for a single interview, and to ensure that JB didn't know Dake would be there ahead of time.  And I can only imagine that such a surprise would potentially require Dake's participation as well. 

That said, if Dake did try to get into JB's head, I wouldn't necessarily blame him for trying to do so, since it would give him a competitive advantage is he succeeded.  (Of course, I could understand the argument that there is something underhanded about ambushing a competitor like that.)

If the story of Askren setting up JB is accurate, I think the person who looks the worst is Askren.

Edited by Katie

1 hour ago, LJB said:

shocking you feel like anyone can say anything... make up what ever they want... just because someone was being a big meanie to them...

JB said it...

but, but, but...

dake was being a meanie!!!!!!

again...

accountability not so big your circles...

whatever...

Again, if you want to talk about accountability. Leaving aside Dakes insults… Will you actually answer the point made. Are you saying that Dake did did not offer excuses for past losses and whine about the rules? 

Also, for someone who’s throwing a hissy fit because I accidentally said “no training” instead of “limited training” and calling me a liar because you don’t like my opinion.  You are conveniently ignoring my full acknowledgment of what Burroughs said and flip flopped on about 79kg. 

So again, if we’re talking accountability. You seem to be saying that Dakes excuses are okay and there should be no accountability for them. But Burroughs is the bad guy for stating 79kg was a weak weight in reply to Dakes excuses.

If so, you seem to be saying that excuses are okay.. when it’s people you like. 

You can incorrectly insult me all you want. I know your panties are going to be twisted either way. But it’s kinda pathetic if you keep dodging the actual question 

16 minutes ago, LJB said:

it did not take any work or planning...

it was one phone call...

hero worship is so weird...

I like the way JB wrestles, it’s true.  But my view on his wrestling ability has nothing to do with the logistics of setting up a meeting.

Getting people together in one location at one time — and keeping one person in the dark about a key attendee — definitely takes planning and work, even if the work is limited to a bunch of emails, scheduling, and managing who enters the building and when.

Edited by Katie

2 minutes ago, jp157 said:

Again, if you want to talk about accountability. Leaving aside Dakes insults… Will you actually answer the point made. Are you saying that Dake did did not offer excuses for past losses and whine about the rules? 

Also, for someone who’s throwing a hissy fit because I accidentally said “no training” instead of “limited training” and calling me a liar because you don’t like my opinion.  You are conveniently ignoring my full acknowledgment of what Burroughs said and flip flopped on about 79kg. 

So again, if we’re talking accountability. You seem to be saying that Dakes excuses are okay and there should be no accountability for them. But Burroughs is the bad guy for stating 79kg was a weak weight in reply to Dakes excuses.

If so, you seem to be saying that excuses are okay.. when it’s people you like. 

You can incorrectly insult me all you want. I know your panties are going to be twisted either way. But it’s kinda pathetic if you keep dodging the actual question 

why do you people want to bring dake into this?

JB said it... not dake...

whatever...

you are a gem... don't ever change...

good luck this season...

i am sure you will reach all your goals...

or at least you will have all your excuses lined up when you don't...

which...

is just as good, right?????

Just now, Katie said:

I like the way JB wrestles, it’s true.  But my view on his wrestling ability has nothing to do with the logistics of setting up a meeting.

Getting people together in one location at one time — and keeping one person in the dark about a key attendee — definitely takes planning and work, even if the work is limited to a bunch of emails, scheduling, and managing who enters the building and at what time. 

no, it really doesn't...

it takes a damn phone call 5 minutes before...

happens all the time...

9 minutes ago, LJB said:

no, it really doesn't...

it takes a damn phone call 5 minutes before...

happens all the time...

I simply cannot imagine that to be the case, probably because our jobs are very different. 

13 minutes ago, LJB said:

why do you people want to bring dake into this?

JB said it... not dake...

whatever...

you are a gem... don't ever change...

good luck this season...

i am sure you will reach all your goals...

or at least you will have all your excuses lined up when you don't...

which...

is just as good, right?????

Again. Dodging the question. You keep on being the wannabe groupie

1 minute ago, Katie said:

I simply cannot imagine that to be the case, probably because our jobs are very different. 

i'm not saying this is the most pretentious post of the week, but, it is definitely in the early running...

Just now, jp157 said:

Again. Dodging the question. You keep on being the wannabe groupie

JB said it...

i am not interested in the hero worshipping "fans" who want to offer whatever excuses as justification...

anyway...

good luck this season!!!!

i see you already have your excuse bag clipped onto your braided brown belt, which, to be fair, feels a little early...

but...

i really admire your eagerness...

don't ever change...

9 minutes ago, LJB said:

JB said it...

i am not interested in the hero worshipping "fans" who want to offer whatever excuses as justification...

anyway...

i see you already have your excuse bag clipped onto your braided brown belt, which, to be fair, feels a little early...

but...

don't ever change...

Who hurt you?

1 hour ago, LJB said:

JB said it...

anyway...

but...

don't ever change...

It very much seems you are hero worshiping Dake. Or at very least saying his excuses are okay.

What excuses have I offered? I have already said multiple times JB flip flopping was weak. I simply pointed out your hypocrisy.

As far as excuse making. I never once.. just happened to mention anything like my athletes only having say.. umm 3 months training when talking about their results. 

It very much seems you are hero worshiping Dake. Or at very least saying his excuses are okay.

What excuses have I offered? I have already said multiple times JB flip flopping was weak. I simply pointed out your hypocrisy.

As far as excuse making. I never once.. just happened to mention anything like my athletes only having say.. umm 3 months training when talking about their results. 

good luck this season...

22 minutes ago, jp157 said:

2 hours ago, jp157 said:

3 hours ago, LJB said:

why you all want to bring up dake for JB acting all typical, but...

dake's results improved dramatically the moment he stopped whining...

Am I missing something???

13 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Am I missing something???

I’m pointing a giant hypocrisy of his. He’s extremely selective about what qualifies as an “excuse” and what doesn’t. Especially when it involves people he likes.

He’s responded by attempting to passively aggressively belittle where I coach, and then claim outright falsehoods about me.

Lifelong Bullies usually can’t handle someone who can handle their schtick. He doesn’t at all act like this around the coaches and people he hangs around and uses to promote himself as legit. 

Leaving all that aside. And leaving aside personal opinions of either of us. 

Ive asked direct questions. He has either evaded, tried to shift topic, Or throw out insults insults instead of just answering. 

I’m pointing a giant hypocrisy of his. He’s extremely selective about what qualifies as an “excuse” and what doesn’t. Especially when it involves people he likes.

He’s responded by attempting to passively aggressively belittle where I coach, and then claim outright falsehoods about me.

Lifelong Bullies usually can’t handle someone who can handle their schtick. He doesn’t at all act like this around the coaches and people he hangs around and uses to promote himself as legit. 

Leaving all that aside. And leaving aside personal opinions of either of us. 

Ive asked direct questions. He has either evaded, tried to shift topic, Or throw out insults insults instead of just answering. 

It seemed to me like the question had been answered, but okay.

That was alot.

47 minutes ago, LJB said:

good luck this season...

Thank you. I’m cautiously optimistic. The dedicated kids are training at the local club I coach at until practice starts. A bunch are in football. Then we’ll always get a few new kids. 

Im actually going to be overloaded with upper weights. 

We are about to do our first fundraiser as well.