Billyhoyle

Daton Fix, first since when?

Will you be rooting for Fix at the upcoming Worlds?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be rooting for Fix at the upcoming Worlds?

6 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

oh. you're super judgemental p*ssi*s

sorry i thought that wouldn't be difficult to deduce 

On the guy who took steroids or referring to other posts within the thread calling out JO?  

Edited by Billyhoyle

40 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

umm. none. that's the point of me asking 'who's throwing a tantrum'. 

See the post above by Hamerlock3-that's why we are confused.  Did you mean to post that in a different thread, and if not, who are you upset at and why?

guys, i'm not trying to be vague. lol.

i assumed it was abundantly clear (or easily ascertainable) that i'm saying that anyone who holds a lifelong grudge against someone who made a bad decision is less than magnanimous. 

i'd expect more in this otherwise ever-forgiving culture we now live in. 

i also pray for you two who couldn't figure this out. 

1 hour ago, Husker_Du said:

i assumed it was abundantly clear (or easily ascertainable) that i'm saying that anyone who holds a lifelong grudge against someone who made a bad decision is less than magnanimous. 

It's not a lifelong grudge.  I think some of us just don't support athletes who have previously doped, regardless of the country of origin. It's fine if you and others do. I don't have any ill-will for him and I'm not judging him. I completely understand the incentive driving those who choose to cheat, and it's an understandable decision to do so-although one that I think should be met with very long competition bans to incentivize against. 

In terms  of us not figuring out your posts-I recommend you reread  them in the morning. They are vague.

Edited by Billyhoyle

19 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

congrats on taking part in the ever forgiving culture you posture at detesting.

23 hours ago, 77again said:

The fact that Justin Gatlin is currently 39 years old, I think your credibility is suspect. Why would you post such a wildly false statement?

I can't tell if you're being serious. No one in their right mind thinks he's 52. I was making an obvious extreme exaggeration to highlight the absurdity of a 39 year old guy competing at that level.

Good luck to Fix!  I hope he does well for the US.  And I am not even a fan of his and have never routed for him in a college match; however, if he is wearing the RWB he gets my support.

As for doping...agreed it is wrong and people should be held accountable.  Sounds like he did so and thus, did the crime and served the time.  Case closed.  But, if people on here honestly think that doping isn't happening in all sports at the highest level, then you my friend are truly living in a fantasy world.  shhhh....gather around people...<whispering> doping is happening in USA wrestling, football, baseball, basketball, soccer, etc.  I know...I know...this is going to be hard to believe for some, but it is a reality.  It is a reality especially when large $$ is on the line (winning gold medal, NFL, NBA, MLB contracts, etc.).  As for my opinion on it, I DO NOT support it or think it is right to dope.  I DO NOT think every single athlete is doing it, or even the vast majority.  But it is happening at a lot more frequency than the one off cases like Fix.  I have come to accept that and am okay with how all the sports are being played knowing that.  I do support testing programs and feel they do a so/so job.  With all that being said, I am 100% okay with professional body building essentially saying everyone does it so why even try and fight it...everyone than is on the same playing field so to speak.

On 9/15/2021 at 2:07 AM, Husker_Du said:

Who is talking about a lifetime grudge? I'd just prefer not to have a cheater on the team as much as possible. It is what it is, but nobody who gets caught taking steroids is ever going on my "joy to root for" list. He's our guy, so I hope he does well for the team, but that's it. 

And there is a little extra motivation to be annoyed with him because (through no fault of his own tbf) he basically went unpunished due to the timing. It would be easier to root for him if he had actually had to miss OTT's.

Obviously, the emotions are a little different for you because you know him and the family. That's understandable, but acting like others who don't like him for a very good reason are p*ssies or this is evidence of cancel culture is a little rich.

There were really two aspects to this thread.  The first was whether people would still root for Fix despite his record of doping.  Based off the poll, the answer for most is clearly yes. The second is that I was wondering if this in fact the first time USAW has sent an athlete to worlds or the olympics who had served a prior doping ban? Can anyone else think of another case?

1 hour ago, Billyhoyle said:

There were really two aspects to this thread.  The first was whether people would still root for Fix despite his record of doping.  Based off the poll, the answer for most is clearly yes. The second is that I was wondering if this in fact the first time USAW has sent an athlete to worlds or the olympics who had served a prior doping ban? Can anyone else think of another case?

the third case is that of a sycophantic crony who is mad the discussion exists at all.

Edited by hammerlockthree

2 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

Maybe Ravaughn Perkins.  He got popped for a water pill, but I don't recall if that was before or after he made a world team.

4 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

JO technically didn't make it to the Olympics, unfortunately, but he was selected as the rep after previously serving a suspension

14 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

Not that i know of.  The only relatively high level wrestlers to get popped were Dom Bradley, Fix, Oliver, and Victoria Francis, as far as I can tell from the USADA list.  To be fair, they removed a bunch of names, so I can't tell or remember who they were.

https://www.usada.org/news/sanctions/