MizzouGrad

I want Cox vs Sadulaev

In his post-tournament interview, J'den doesn't even seem happy at winning. Just anger after giving up zero points to Myles Martin, Drew Foster, and Kollin Moore. ZERO POINTS. 

Now we have to wait till 2022 to see Cox against the best in the world. 

Video: 

Edited by MizzouGrad

We all knew he was great, maybe even the best on the planet.  He just never showed up, in accordance to the rules, to wrestle.

If he wants Sadulaev then he needs to either earn the 97 spot next year, or see if Flo (or someone else) can put on a card that is lucrative enough to bring the guy over.

I, for on, would LOVE if we saw something like what Bajrang did last year.  Come over to train for a month or three and go to a 245lb Flo card or some crap (Steveson/Snyder in the same day?) then see if there is a few RTC's willing to let him beat on their top dogs.

5 minutes ago, MizzouGrad said:

In his post-tournament interview, J'den doesn't even seem happy at winning. Just anger after giving up zero points to Myles Martin, Drew Foster, and Kollin Moore. ZERO POINTS. 

Now we have to wait till 2021 to see Cox against the best in the world. 

Video: 

It is  currently 2021 on the planet that most of us reside on.

Intriguing match of course, but I have Sadulaev comfortably, similar to his latest match with Snyder.  The Tank at this stage is the p4p, and until this match happens, it's all just wishing and dreaming.  That is, he'll also have to get by Snyder first, and, in a best of 3, it will be exceedingly difficult for Cox.

Agreed.  Sadulaev would not be much troubled by Cox I don' think.  I think Cox would have trouble with Snyder, Mohamadian, and the rest of the top competitors in 97kg.  I have not been on the Cox is the greatest  train yet.  He has to do more than whine and be angry.  His wins at the trials were not that stellar over Moore.  Moore did not score, but Cox did not tech either.  If he was the greatest, he would have teched Moore without trouble. 

We'll see when and if he decides to go 97 before 2024 olympic trials. 

mspart

@mspart
Big Cox Homer here.....
I think it would be really difficult for those guys to score on JC, However.... I do admit.... 
I think it would be equally as difficult for JC to score on them....
I used to think he would "Handle" everyone accept Saduleav, but now I think it's just to much muscle up there. 

11 minutes ago, mspart said:

Agreed.  Sadulaev would not be much troubled by Cox I don' think.  I think Cox would have trouble with Snyder, Mohamadian, and the rest of the top competitors in 97kg.  I have not been on the Cox is the greatest  train yet.  He has to do more than whine and be angry.  His wins at the trials were not that stellar over Moore.  Moore did not score, but Cox did not tech either.  If he was the greatest, he would have teched Moore without trouble. 

We'll see when and if he decides to go 97 before 2024 olympic trials. 

mspart

Cox's fire and brimstone is like Dake's ref complaining. The more he does it, the less well he'll do. Basically, the universe will conspire against him and make him suck at the wrong time.

4 hours ago, MizzouGrad said:

Video: 

He had his chance to see Sadulaev and chose to cut down to 92kg instead and lost anyway.

In Cox's defense on 'too much muscle' up at 97.  He did beat Salas in Cuba before being able to add any size for 97.  The score was 4-3 or 5-3, but the match wasn't actually that close.
Yeah I think that's my question, is he going to add muscle on this hypothetical or is he going to be wrestling 92kg during an exhibition against Saduleav.

Cause if the match happens soon, I don't like it... If he commits to 97 for 2024 and starts moving up next year, I like it a lot more .

7 hours ago, MizzouGrad said:

Video: 

Awesome interview!  Like his self assessment on his progress and what he needs to work on.  I'm hoping he really lets go of the past, or it can eat you away.

1 hour ago, MizzouGrad said:

WTF are you talking about. Synder automatically qualified for worlds at 97kg. J'den could wrestle at 92kg or not wrestle at all in 2021. 

Maybe the Poland tournament?  If I recall, Saduleev was supposed to be there but did not enter.  There was a brouhaha on this board about Cox not going 97 at that tourney to give it a shot.  Then he lost to Ukraine.

Ukraine is game to you?": seinfeld

Don't see a good reason for him to go 97 before Worlds '23 is over
If his goal is crushing Saduleav any additional time acclimating to the weight is reason enough. But if he's competing at '23 worlds at 92kg and trying to take Snyder out a few months later at trials... He might be able to, but you could tell size was an issue the little bit of time we saw him compete at 97kg..... I'd feel a lot better if he took the time .

I guess time will tell.  But this anger thing is not a good look.  It will be all that much worse if he loses.
mspart
Guess I need to watch the interview now, during his matches I made a comment that I wasn't a big fan of his new schtick.... Guessing he kept it going .... Watching now.. well next commercial break.

1 hour ago, MizzouGrad said:

WTF are you talking about. Synder automatically qualified for worlds at 97kg. J'den could wrestle at 92kg or not wrestle at all in 2021. 

Sadulaev was going to Poland. Cox knew this and even gave an interview that he did not care - he was going back down to 92. It may have been the only opportunity that they could meet. Maybe that interview led to Sadulev skipping because there was no opponent worth the travel time or maybe he was never going. Either way when you get a chance to take on the best in the world when that is also your goal then you have to take advantage instead of going to a non-oly weight at an Olympic tune-up tourney. But it is Cox’s life and not mine.