treep2000

Bold Prediction: Keep this until 2024

Gable Steveson returns for the 2024 Olympic run.  

After going WWE for a few years, and apparently turning his back on Amateur Wrestling, the newly minted WWE Star returns to what made him who he is and...

* Runs through everyone at Heavyweight at the OTT.  His closest match is Kerkvliet in the finals, and he techs him in the first period.

* At the Olympics, goes unscored upon, teching his way to his 2nd Olympic Gold.  

His star power at the WWE only increases, and the further cross-promotion of Amateur and Professional Wrestling goes into overdrive.  In 2025, he lands a movie gig alongside The Rock. 

Let's see how this post ages.  ;-)  

Just now, treep2000 said:

Nah... just popped in my head and when on a desktop/laptop,  can type over 100wpm.  Phone?  Fat finger central here...

I'd love to see him keep competing but I think once the "Fame" starts to produce a diminishing product on the mat, and wins become a little more difficult..... 
The idea of leaning into comfort may outweigh the hunger to be legendary. 
We shall see though, I honestly didn't think he'd come back to Minnesota this year. So I've already been wrong once. 

51 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

We shall see though, I honestly didn't think he'd come back to Minnesota this year. So I've already been wrong once. 

I think that was to build up his following in a low-risk manner (unlike giving Geno another shot). He is now a demigod in MN and will be a significant draw for publicity this year. I can just imagine his NCAA speech after teching Parris in the first period.

I think that was to build up his following in a low-risk manner (unlike giving Geno another shot). He is now a demigod in MN and will be a significant draw for publicity this year. I can just imagine his NCAA speech after teching Parris in the first period.
You my friend, should be an agent... That's how you build your brand!!!!!

Serious question:
Doesn't he have to stay registered with WADA?
How does he intend to get huge like Bork?
The other day I was looking at them side by side and thought. "Wonder how many cycles it'll take for Gable to have a WWE body"

2 hours ago, spladle08 said:
2 hours ago, nhs67 said:
Serious question:
Doesn't he have to stay registered with WADA?
How does he intend to get huge like Bork?

The other day I was looking at them side by side and thought. "Wonder how many cycles it'll take for Gable to have a WWE body"

I am more or less saying the same thing.

Although I did see someone say that they test rigorously there now.  I would assume it is to ensure they are clean and not unclean.