spladle08

Non Olympic Weight Adjustments

What wrestlers do you think had their 2022 and 2023 weights changed by this Olympic/World combo year?

Was just sitting here thinking about implications moving beyond this year. (Started just thinking about 65kg but others now) 

Is Zain that big? I honestly can't believe he bumped. I can't see him letting his weight get out of control to the point I see JO...  but does ZR Stay at 70?
For JO I think wrestling 70kg through 2023 is going to hurt his ability of making 65kg, especially after what we've seen. 
Could he keep going all the way up to 74?
Does making this team give Yainni a boost in confidence? Experience? I feel like if he medals he's going to be a new person. 

What about Fix? Does he suck down  for years to come if he performs ok at 61kg? Or only Olympic Years?
Can Moore get a little lighter?
Does Cox make good on his Snyder challenge after this year, or keep plucking 92kg golds. 
Does JB Stay up to avoid Dake? Dake said he will chase JB in non-olympic years..

Just a thought, any wrestlers you see deviating from their normal spots? 

Edited by spladle08

3 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

What wrestlers do you think had their 2022 and 2023 weights changed by this Olympic/World combo year?

Was just sitting here thinking about implications moving beyond this year. (Started just thinking about 65kg but others now) 

Is Zain that big? I honestly can't believe he bumped. I can't see him letting his weight get out of control to the point I see JO...  but does ZR Stay at 70?
For JO I think wrestling 70kg through 2023 is going to hurt his ability of making 65kg, especially after what we've seen. 
Could he keep going all the way up to 74?
Does making this team give Yainni a boost in confidence? Experience? I feel like if he medals he's going to be a new person. 

What about Fix? Does he suck down  for years to come if he performs ok at 61kg? Or only Olympic Years?
Can Moore get a little lighter?
Does Cox make good on his Snyder challenge after this year, or keep plucking 92kg golds. 
Does JB Stay up to avoid Dake? Dake said he will chase JB in non-olympic years..

Just a thought, any wrestlers you see deviating from their normal spots? 

JB sounded like he was staying at 79 until 2024, then I wouldn’t be surprised if he gave 86 a shot.

Zain didn’t look big to me at all, I would have liked to see him against one of the true 70kg guys. 

Moore making 86 may be a stretch and what’s the prize wrestling DT? Not likely, he’s fit for 92 but unfortunately Cox is their. 

Just now, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

JB sounded like he was staying at 79 until 2024, then I wouldn’t be surprised if he gave 86 a shot.

Zain didn’t look big to me at all, I would have liked to see him against one of the true 70kg guys. 

Moore making 86 may be a stretch and what’s the prize wrestling DT? Not likely, he’s fit for 92 but unfortunately Cox is their. 

Yeah Zain is little, I just can understand why he "punted"... eh well. 
JB seems too small for 86kg, but if he can bulk into an adequate sized 79kg... I mean Ringer was pretty competitive at 86kg so maybe I'm being to harsh. 
Moore is talented but he may have to wait until 2025 or so to be the guy for us at either weight. 
I was trying to think of negatives to Fix staying at 61kg but I really don't think there are any, I hope he does it, I feel like he, Nato, and several others will, especially if Spencer comes out lookin like an immovable object.
NEat 

4 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Yeah Zain is little, I just can understand why he "punted"... eh well. 
JB seems too small for 86kg, but if he can bulk into an adequate sized 79kg... I mean Ringer was pretty competitive at 86kg so maybe I'm being to harsh. 
Moore is talented but he may have to wait until 2025 or so to be the guy for us at either weight. 
I was trying to think of negatives to Fix staying at 61kg but I really don't think there are any, I hope he does it, I feel like he, Nato, and several others will, especially if Spencer comes out lookin like an immovable object.
NEat 

Fix does seem like a major upgrade from our last few reps at 61, still Colon has a bronze and Graff wrestled for one. So that gives some hope. 

2 hours ago, spladle08 said:

I've been told he's fully invested in developing into an unstoppable 86kg guy and will never wrestle below that .
So I guess every year for him is " Olympic weight or bust"

It worked for Taylor so maybe it will work to dethrone Taylor one day

Cox should stay at 92kg and keep plucking golds.  My two cents... cause that's all it's worth, if that.
I mean for history sake (I've said the same for Dake ) go where you can earn medals, we might discount it right now but long term people will just say "_x world champ"
Win em where you can .