2 minutes ago, Le duke said:

And? He’s substantially bigger than he was then. He’s said on social media that he’s bulking up to be a true 74kg guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks the same to me. Not to be picky, but if he said he is trying to bulk up the be a true 74, that means he is not there yet. Meanwhile he was wrestling big 74s or true 79s.

Thank you for proving my point.

You honestly think a guy who wrestles 174 (in college, where he has to make weight once or twice a week for 5 months) is 20-25lbs heavier than a guy who has to make weight at 163 a handful of times a year? Really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, wrestlingnerd said:

I think part of it is he is so good we never considered that strength might be part of the reason. He was a huge 157 lber his last two years. I thought he'd go 165 after his freshman year. We now know he was cutting a lot for the sake of the team at PSU because he stopped growing around sophomore year and he immediately went 74 kg after college. We've only seen him against guys of his size or a little bigger (79 kg), and he doesn't have a strength advantage anymore. When he ran into Imart in college, even at 157, he was less effective. Imart is very strong.

Nolf didn't go straight to 74kg.  He wrestled senior nationals at at 70kg in 2019.  Pretty sure he finished 3rd losing to Green on criteria in the semi finals.  He was up late in that match and gave up the deciding TD with 0:10.  Deakin won senior nationals and had the bye to Final X.  Nolf definitely would have been in the mix to win that as he had Green beat until he didn't and owned Deakin in folk.  Yet he went up to 74kg in a somewhat unexpected between Senior Nationals and the WTT.  I think the consensus at the time was that he was moving up looking ahead to the 2020 olympics more so than having outgrown the weight.  March 23 he was 157 NCAAs, April 23 he was 70kg (154) for senior nationals and May 17th he's up at 74kgs (163) for the WTT.   

The IMAR match someone posted in this thread was from the 2019 WTT and the first time Nolf was up at 74kg.  Imar probably had a bigger size srength advantage than in their college meetings.