J'den Cox interview after WTT left me confused.  He definitely was visibly upset and seems to be bitter against some for his missed weigh in.  Has there ever been mention of who it is he has an issue with and why?  To me, it just seems like an accountability problem which lies squarely on him and his coach.  I enjoy J'den's personality and wrestling but just seems like the blame for what happened to him shouldn't be placed on anyone else, agree?

40 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

He is highly offended by those online cracking jokes, he wants the people that continuously make fun of him to now congratulate him.I don’t think he knows how the internet works lol.  He is still blaming others and taking zero responsibility, it’s a really sad look imo. 

Yeah honestly that is how it came across, but also there are specific people he seems to be pissed at, including other wrestlers who mocked him (probably behind the scenes). 

it is a bit silly imo, without knowing more details. Even on a high school team, if you miss weigh ins for States you are going to get roasted by everyone.

1 hour ago, pennsyrules said:

J'den Cox interview after WTT left me confused.  He definitely was visibly upset and seems to be bitter against some for his missed weigh in.  Has there ever been mention of who it is he has an issue with and why?  To me, it just seems like an accountability problem which lies squarely on him and his coach.  I enjoy J'den's personality and wrestling but just seems like the blame for what happened to him shouldn't be placed on anyone else, agree?

And if it was indeed KJ's fault, he doesn't seem mad at KJ! Very confusing...

I felt like the beef was with how he's been treated by people since..

I'm sure higher ups have cracked jokes, been dismissive in other ways, or vehemently defended why it was his fault and blah blah blah even when it wasn't a topic (like you guys)

Y'all gotta remember the topic was kind of 50/50 as to perception of the situation. I'm sure that went from highschool kids to the guys running USA wrestling and I'm sure some respectable people let their opinions be known directly to him and I'm sure it pissed him off. As it would any of us.

People jumping to the conclusion of "he must not like these people because he was unable to make weight". Simply aren't J'den fans and that's an easier way to say "I don't like J'den"

How about, "he didn't make weight and he accepts that, however in the aftermath some people handled themselves poorly and ruined their relationship with J'den".... Plausible?

Spladle - plausible.  Very much so.  But damn, you have to admit the interview was a bit weird.  And … his interview a few months back was also a bit weird. He was going to destroy people … didn’t sound like him.  

In general, it seems like he is off kilter.  Hoping he can get to some inner calmness ahead of Oslo.

Spladle - plausible.  Very much so.  But damn, you have to admit the interview was a bit weird.  And … his interview a few months back was also a bit weird. He was going to destroy people … didn’t sound like him.  

In general, it seems like he is off kilter.  Hoping he can get to some inner calmness ahead of Oslo.

He's 100% off kilter, I think it would really change our perception of him, if he would just detail why he is so mad.

However I'm thinking this whole situation created some Cox haters that have actual power, actual people still involved with USA wrestling who let their thoughts be known to him and everyone else.... And I'm sure he doesn't wanna say XYZ sh*t on me here here and here, and said this and that to me in Colorado springs, so on and so forth .... Because it would create further problems for his wrestling career.

Just feels to be this mad, he probably has more of a reason than Twitter trolls

3 hours ago, pennsyrules said:

Our society perpetually allows people to blame others for the problems of their own making, so why wouldn't Cox blame someone else? Accepting responsibility is no longer a part of American ethos. 

Edited by TBar1977

1 hour ago, NJDan said:

It was a bit scary. And why does he do the interview shirtless? We all know he is a Greek God and can tell as much even if he keeps his singlet on.

Why single him out?  JB did his post-match interview without a shirt, as did Yianni.  On the GR side, G'Angelo Hancock, Ben Provisor and Cohlton Schultz did so as well.

9 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

Why single him out?  JB did his post-match interview without a shirt, as did Yianni.  On the GR side, G'Angelo Hancock, Ben Provisor and Cohlton Schultz did so as well.

And Nick Suriano has never appeared off the mat with a shirt on, not to mention AJ Ferrari!

13 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

whining about a shirtless interview is just a guido thing to whine about...

now...

him dropping the straps on the mat and accepting his award like that was a little off putting to me...

but...

i have been off put by cox's attitude since blowing his OTT weigh in numerous times...

i don't like the way his actions since make me view him differently, but, they are his actions alone...

Edited by LJB
yes... i did an edit

Obviously he was late to weigh ins and it was either his and/or KJ's fault. Nobody else to blame. I think KJ fell on the sword as it was their best bet to get the decision over turned, but J'den is clearly not mad at him. I think the root of his anger is he was told he could still weigh in once he ran off that 0.2 lbs, which he did, and was told he was good to go. Then someone must have thrown a fit about the rules (which is whoever he won't publicly call out, but I'm going to guess Cael, who is not a fan of J'den since he beat Taylor). It's his fault, but any one of us would be pissed at missing that opportunity as well. But I also agree that the "mad at the whole world" look, is not a good one. I want him to go back to the "I'm the best in the world" look.

Reading all this is really just plain comical to me, because none of it matters.  We all saw the same interviews.  And everyone will have different opinions on the same.  The reality is he's honestly just tired of talking about it or even dealing with it.  Maybe it's a hint that the entire wrestling community should just drop it, because the 100% fact is no one on here is qualified to speak about it. 

J'den is fine.  Let's as a community get behind him and all our wrestlers headed to Oslo and cheer them on to victory.  Pretty sure at the end of the day, that's the only thing that maters.  

#itsjustwrestling 

J'den will never get over the 2020 OTT but his life will move on.  Folks showed their true colors in the aftermath.  He is human.  It may be 365 days to move past the OTT and it will take his death to dissipate his emotions at those that do not have his back.  You ever lose an immediate family member, had your heart broken, or been publicly embarrassed about something that defines your identity?  It scars you and takes time.  Be supportive.  

Would love for him to just come out and say what he's thinking.  All of this cryptic stuff is just weird.  J'Den's whole vibe in the entire run up to OTT's was already bizarre.  Do you guys remember that weird 15 minute "which weight am I going?" announcement video?  Strange training situation.  Then he misses weight.  The whole ordeal will go down as one of the more bizarre "what if's" in US Olympic history. 

Now at trials... good lord.  Looks like he's back.