flyingcement

NIL Issues in Happy Valley?

2 hours ago, flyingcement said:

I guess the general thinking should be - we want wrestlers to be able to MAXIMIZE their NIL which would be a boost for interest into a sport which has had limited financial opportunities in the past due to a lack of professional league.  

I dunno.  I think 1032004 should report Yianni to the NCAA.

4 hours ago, AHamilton said:

I also have a link for Cornell Wrestling.  I am not affiliated with the school whatsoever.

I have been as critical of Yianni as anyone, and I see absolutely no issue with him having an apparel deal with a sporting goods company that also runs tournaments and organizes races.  I'm not sure why you think it is a problem.  I am not interested in purchasing his gear, but I hope he makes some money off of it.

My complaint isn’t with Yianni.

My complaint is with Spartan.   I just feel like the fact that they are the name sponsor of the RTC which is unofficially affiliated with the school, seems like it is a bit of a gray area

13 hours ago, 1032004 said:

My complaint isn’t with Yianni.

My complaint is with Spartan.   I just feel like the fact that they are the name sponsor of the RTC which is unofficially affiliated with the school, seems like it is a bit of a gray area

Oh... one of those people who complains when someone with money tries to help wrestlers and the sport of wrestling.  It all makes sense now.

5 hours ago, AHamilton said:

Oh... one of those people who complains when someone with money tries to help wrestlers and the sport of wrestling.  It all makes sense now.

No problem with that either.  Just want to make sure it’s all above board.  Based on the article I posted earlier, if anyone in NCAA compliance actually cared about wrestling, I could see it being argued it’s not.  

6 hours ago, 1032004 said:

No problem with that either.  Just want to make sure it’s all above board.  Based on the article I posted earlier, if anyone in NCAA compliance actually cared about wrestling, I could see it being argued it’s not.  

Put your money where your mouth is.  Report Cornell and Yianni.

On 10/23/2021 at 10:29 PM, AHamilton said:

Put your money where your mouth is.  Report Cornell and Yianni.

Lol I don’t care that much about it.  A better question is why coaches who complain about RTC’s etc probably don’t make any actual complaints.