Sign in to follow this  
lu1979

USA FSs Most likely to win Gold in Oslo

5 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

The (low) probability of Gwiz medaling is entirely dependent on another Coon-esque dream draw like he got in 2017 and 2018. His ceiling is maaaaybe top 8 globally and that's if I squint really really hard.

Agreed 100%.  He had some really favorable draws in 2017 and 18.  I hate to bag on one of our guys, but Gwiz would be fourth on the ladder in Iran. 

7 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

How has Gwiz "been more dominant domestically than any time in his career recently" when he has 4 domestic losses in the last 12 months?  

He hasn't just been losing to Geno, Zare, and Gable.  Gwiz lost to Baran from Poland in the last year, he lost to Deng from China the last two times they've wrestled, he lost to Mohebbi and Hadi from Iran in addition to getting teched by Zare, and he also lost to Taha (who I would put on the same level as Geno, Zare, and Gable).  

IMO, Gwiz is not winning a medal at the upcoming worlds, much less winning gold.  PM me if you want to do a sig bet.  

Honest question: Is it possible that he is getting better training having moved to Cornell? I know Cornell is not known for heavyweights, but it's got good coaches and Gwiz had two dominant wins over Parris.

On 9/27/2021 at 4:02 PM, bnwtwg said:

I strongly disagree that Taylor is guaranteed anything. I honestly think he's third or fourth on this list, but he has earned the benefit of the doubt and has been placed at the top based on past accomplishments rather than likelihood of successful repeating against a top 10 p4p opponent with a razor-thin margin.

That's interesting, we'll see what happens. I personally would be in shock if Taylor does not beat Yazdani for the fourth time in a row. To me it's almost to the point where they might as well just give him the gold now.

Edited by Shiraz123

2 minutes ago, BadgerMon said:

You heard it here first...no one scores an actual maneuver point on Jaden Cox. 

Maybe a step out or a shot clocker or a brick, but no TDs or turns/exposures.

Big facts. I 100% guarantee this and will take it a step further. Jaden Cox will allow ZERO points at worlds period. Neither will Jordan Burrows, Kyle Snider, or Nick Gwizdowski. You heard it here first.

15 minutes ago, BadgerMon said:

You heard it here first...no one scores an actual maneuver point on Jaden Cox. 

9 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Big facts. I 100% guarantee this and will take it a step further. Jaden Cox will allow ZERO points at worlds period. Neither will Jordan Burrows, Kyle Snider, or Nick Gwizdowski. You heard it here first.

You both thinking they don't make weight.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How could you forget about Yainni Daikamoholis?!

If I need to know anything about wrestling or sports, I ask@ShakaAloha because he knows more than me.

On 9/27/2021 at 10:01 PM, ShakaAloha said:

How has Gwiz "been more dominant domestically than any time in his career recently" when he has 4 domestic losses in the last 12 months?  

I clearly excluded Gable as inaccessible to him. 

I'm not a particularly big Gwiz fan, but he's beaten everybody not named Gable or Parris 92-0 in the last 2 years--and he's +20 in score from 4 matches against Parris, who many thought would have been a Rio medal contender. He didn't used to dominate the domestic competition like that. Again, he's not the highest echelon guy, I was just making the point that I'm not sure he's dropped off. He'll keep being a sometimes top 5, never gold-level guy.

(By the way, if you're using getting upset by Deng or Baran as your "bad" barometer, most heavyweights in the world are bad. Those 2 come close against everyone and occasionally get upsets against the non Geno, Taha crowd.)

Edited by maligned

I think DT wins.

After that I think JB and JC win .

After that I think KD wins.

After that I don't think our other guys will take Gold, but I am optimistic they will medal.  It hurts me to say that about KS but he has one guy he has to beat and hasn't the last few go's. 

mspart

Flo just posted betting lines for men's freestyle. An interesting read. Very much "unofficial" but worthy of discussion. Based on those odds, the likelihood from most likely to least to win gold we have:

KD

JB

JC

DT

TG

KS

YD

JG

DF

NG

Check out the full article here. It also includes lines for other competitors, the field, and few side bets. 

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/7160793-the-official-2021-world-championship-betting-odds