Sign in to follow this  
NJwrestlingguy

Campolattano??

From what I am Hearing from Good Sources {Oh & NJ} Camp is gone from TOSU & will be Wrestling 197 for RU next yr {Only Time will tell}

Not a good move IMO.

Sure, Camp's one helluva wrestler, but with the talent pool in their home state, Rutgers needs to wean themselves off of transfer starters. Camp will come in and coast to a starting spot with comfort (if he wants to) and that's terrible for a program trying to find their identity.

If Camp is really serious about making a positive change, he is better off going to a place like Okie State where he'll have to compete to start and where nothing will be given to him.

I hope I'm wrong, but I see this as bad for both parties.

Camp needed a red shirt plain and simple. I hate to see guys who badly need a RS not take one. Especially in a situation where someone (Courts) got forced out and wasted a season because of poorly used red shirts. I totally agree with the poster who said Camp to Rutgers is bad for both parties. It will be bad.

Man agaist boys in NJ. Things change when you throw the rest of the country Dapper Dan was an eye opener or should have been for many. Camp had all the ability in the world and still does just lacks something.

What I don't get is ... The turnover at tOSU ??? Camp, the whole deal with Garcia, and the other guy ?? Phillips?

It seems like we hear about tOSU guys a lot.

Wasn't Chris Phillips kind of a Longshot when He got to TOSU {After seeing Chris at IronMan His Fr Yr I though He was going to one of the Best Ever} To Bad it didn't Work Out

What I don't get is ... The turnover at tOSU ??? Camp, the whole deal with Garcia, and the other guy ?? Phillips?

It seems like we hear about tOSU guys a lot.

Wasn't Chris Phillips kind of a Longshot when He got to TOSU {After seeing Chris at IronMan His Fr Yr I though He was going to one of the Best Ever} To Bad it didn't Work Out

He actually never got to TOSU per se. And although he was "around", so to speak, fans correctly adopted a wait-and-see attitude, even after his winning a couple of opens unattached. Same with Jamie Clark at Kent State.

Wow.

This season was a disappointment. Last year he was overtime away from the podium as a true freshman after spending his senior year as someone who was not planning on wrestling in college

The Winston comparisons so far are appropriate. And if he goes to rutgers and doesnt improve it would be nearly identical

Scarlet..... When guys look to dial down the intensity (Mason/Ard) the results will be dissappointing. Goodale should concentrate on his recruited classes and forget taking guys who couldn't hack the Big X. Develop what you get ....don't try and rehab a guy who's mentally shot..

To add my $.02, I'd much rather see a guy looking to dial up the intensity such as Tom Ryan did when he transferred from 'Cuse to Iowa.....concentrate on the athlete that seeks the next level not the guy who looks at your program as a comfortable spot.

Scarlet..... When guys look to dial down the intensity (Mason/Ard) the results will be dissappointing. Goodale should concentrate on his recruited classes and forget taking guys who couldn't hack the Big X. Develop what you get ....don't try and rehab a guy who's mentally shot..

:cry:

Im not predicting great things, but is he dialing down the intensity or does he need a rs season or is he in danger of losing his slot?

Camp is a talent but never seemed to have the intense desire to succeed that is necessary at the highest level of D1 competition. His losses to Burak and Schiller during the Big Ten season seemed to put him in a tailspin from which he could not recover.

The rumor is he's gone. Good luck to him wherever he goes and whatever he does if it's true.

Ditto to that.

Camp looked as if he just didn't want to wrestle at points this year. No coach wants that attitude to infiltrate their team. Rutgers has had a few of those over the last couple seasons. Goodale would be best served steering clear of another similar situation developing with Campy. Although, with his potential, it is an extremely tempting proposition to entertain.

I've heard Heflin to 97 as well. If Camp wants to be successful, and maybe he doesn't care at all about being successful at the collegiate level, but if he does, I think he needs to stay at Ohio St., dedicate himself, and take a red shirt. If he doesn't want to dedicate himself Rutgers should pass anyway. They have plenty of underachieving talent on their roster currently.

Heflin is definitely going 197 for the Bucks next year, then he graduates. It would seem a RS year for Camp makes all the sense.

Going up 2 weight classes??????

I believe Nick Roy from Michigan went from 174 to 197 as a senior and made AA. Wasn't Roy from Jersey?

Heflin said in an interview on flo right after his placement match that the cut was killing him this year and that he was going 197. They said, not 184? He said no 197. Also I think 184 would be fine for Heflin but he wants a national title and well.....184 is pretty much locked up next year. lol

I have also heard that Camp is out at OSU and will be coming to Rutgers. This puts Rutgers in a tuff spot, they have a huge hole at 197 but do they take another chance on a guy that might not have the dedication or drive to succeed at the top level. It is hard for me as a NJ fan but I might take a pass on Camp and try to win and change the culture with the kids on the team now and the incoming freshman class.

And Gonzo, I think Camp should also take a redshirt if he stays at Ohio State, BUT maybe they do not want him to tie up any money for an extra year. They have Snyder coming in and he probably redshirts his first year and then wrestles 4 straight.