irani

Video of Hassan Yazdani training for the worlds

1 hour ago, D3 for LU said:

I couldn't help myself from visualizing Yazdani as Clubber Lang or Ivan Drago, while visualizing Taylor matching/ exceeding those efforts, playing the Rocky version of himself.

Yeah, cue the music...

D3

LOL, this brought Drago back to me as well!

Who's to say how Yaz would've trained without DT as his nemesis but I love the idea of him trying to reach an even greater level because of MagicMan adversity... Heck both sides of the coin.... Making each other greater

5 hours ago, D3 for LU said:

I couldn't help myself from visualizing Yazdani as Clubber Lang or Ivan Drago, while visualizing Taylor matching/ exceeding those efforts, playing the Rocky version of himself.

Yazdani is Rocky in this instance; motivated and working on his conditioning.  How fired up are we to watch Worlds?!?!

2 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

I’ll bite. What makes you think this is sped up? Is it because a world champion is on video doing things faster than normal people?

Brilliant question. I am working on a response.

20 hours ago, Shiraz123 said:

Going to have to do more than that if he wants to beat the more technical Taylor and his two genius coaches

I do see he is working even harder on his push out skills and will be able to score pushouts against Taylor even with Cael holding him back

I do see he is working even harder on his push out skills and will be able to score pushouts against Taylor even with Cael holding him back
I understand the gamesmanship of it all. But the constantly on the edge but backing out on your knees was fairly weak.
Glad we won Gold but meh

7 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

I understand the gamesmanship of it all. But the constantly on the edge but backing out on your knees was fairly weak.
Glad we won Gold but meh

What else are you going to do against a guy who only attempted 2-3 actual attacks during the course of the match.  He has given up trying to wrestle and has turned it into a pushing contest.  If anyone is trying to game the system, it is Yaz.

I love the pushout rule, and I think Iran realizes that is Yaz gets offensive it will end badly for him, but the last match was 6 minutes of trying to score mostly based on pushouts and not actual wrestling.  This is exactly what the " a pushout rule will turn wrestling into sumo" crew warned about.

What else are you going to do against a guy who only attempted 2-3 actual attacks during the course of the match.  He has given up trying to wrestle and has turned it into a pushing contest.  If anyone is trying to game the system, it is Yaz.
I love the pushout rule, and I think Iran realizes that is Yaz gets offensive it will end badly for him, but the last match was 6 minutes of trying to score mostly based on pushouts and not actual wrestling.  This is exactly what the " a pushout rule will turn wrestling into sumo" crew warned about.
Ok well Yazdani has generally been under-hook, force you to the edge, score a pushout or put you into a bad position and score a takedown.

I guess that's gaming the system, force you to the edge and into a decision.

Guess that's just more appealing to me than, get forced to the edge and the instead of playing his game, drop to your knees and go out ..... (Which is a great strategy) .

Potato tomato

1 minute ago, spladle08 said:

Ok well Yazdani has generally been under-hook, force you to the edge, score a pushout or put you into a bad position and score a takedown.

I guess that's gaming the system, force you to the edge and into a decision.

Guess that's just more appealing to me than, get forced to the edge and the instead of playing his game, drop to your knees and go out ..... (Which is a great strategy) .

Potato tomato

The pushout rule was implemented to prevent wrestlers from playing the edge.  I think Taylor would prefer to actually wrestle Yazdani right in the center.  I get the Yaz strategy.  He wants no part of actually wrestling Taylor in the center, and ends up  playing the edge himself.