irani

Video of Hassan Yazdani training for the worlds

The pushout rule was implemented to prevent wrestlers from playing the edge.  I think Taylor would prefer to actually wrestle Yazdani right in the center.  I get the Yaz strategy.  He wants no part of actually wrestling Taylor in the center, and ends up  playing the edge himself.
I understand your disdain for Yaz's style, but yeah scrambling with the best scrambler there is wouldn't be advantagous to Yaz.
The same as holding position and taking ground isn't in DT's arsenal .
They're both the best at what they do, it's a good clash

1 hour ago, Jim L said:

I do see he is working even harder on his push out skills and will be able to score pushouts against Taylor even with Cael holding him back

Correct, he is coming to push him again. Yazdani knows he has no chance in any other aspect of wrestling against Taylor outside of being stronger and pushing, which is why he is essentially guaranteed to lose to him for the 4th time. 

Correct, he is coming to push him again. Yazdani knows he has no chance in any other aspect of wrestling against Taylor outside of being stronger and pushing, which is why he is essentially guaranteed to lose to him for the 4th time. 
Correct, Yaz only pushes. He pushed so we'll... He's only lost to DT since 2016. He needs to become a better all around wrestler if he wants to compete at the world and Olympic level .

3 minutes ago, spladle08 said:
10 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Correct, Yaz only pushes. He pushed so we'll... He's only lost to DT since 2016. He needs to become a better all around wrestler if he wants to compete at the world and Olympic level .

cool it pal 

cool it pal 
Hahahah sorry it bothers me.
I mean if you can snag an underhook and run 100% of your opponents off the mat forcing them into taking a bad shot, getting out of position for an easy knee pick, or giving up the 1-pt pushout....
How much more dominant can you be ?

I understand he doesn't want to abandon his bread and butter and get tangled up in a high-c in the middle of the mat with scrambly-a$$ MagicMan but why is that a bad thing?

People are acting like he wasn't seconds away from a 2nd Olympic title....

Sigh* they're both great, just dominant in different ways .

1 minute ago, spladle08 said:

Hahahah sorry it bothers me.
I mean if you can snag an underhook and run 100% of your opponents off the mat forcing them into taking a bad shot, getting out of position for an easy knee pick, or giving up the 1-pt pushout....
How much more dominant can you be ?

I understand he doesn't want to abandon his bread and butter and get tangled up in a high-c in the middle of the mat with scrambly-a$$ MagicMan but why is that a bad thing?

People are acting like he wasn't seconds away from a 2nd Olympic title....

Sigh* they're both great, just dominant in different ways .

Oh, he shouldn't abandon it. That would be disastrous for him and  he would likely get teched or pinned. He can play around with other styles (like he did at Asian champs) but against Taylor I agree wrestling any other style than what he did in Tokyo is a terrible idea. 

51 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

I understand your disdain for Yaz's style, but yeah scrambling with the best scrambler there is wouldn't be advantagous to Yaz.
The same as holding position and taking ground isn't in DT's arsenal .
They're both the best at what they do, it's a good clash

Yazdani is great.  I have watched him since he dismantled Pico.  He just cannot wrestle against Taylor and hope to win a six minute match.  That is why he needs to limit the actual wrestling.

Yazdani is great.  I have watched him since he dismantled Pico.  He just cannot wrestle against Taylor and hope to win a six minute match.  That is why he needs to limit the actual wrestling.
I think he needs to limit the "wrestling", which I assume you mean diving in on DTs legs, for his gas-tank absolutely.
But position, holding center, forcing your opponent to the edge.... That is wrestling, and that had him the lead with short time left.
Yes DT ended up getting a TD but why was he allowing the "wrestling" to be limited.
I think we are differing on what we consider wrestling.

12 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

I think he needs to limit the "wrestling", which I assume you mean diving in on DTs legs, for his gas-tank absolutely.
But position, holding center, forcing your opponent to the edge.... That is wrestling, and that had him the lead with short time left.
Yes DT ended up getting a TD but why was he allowing the "wrestling" to be limited.
I think we are differing on what we consider wrestling.

You're Crazy Man GIFs | Tenor

Edited by AHamilton

9 minutes ago, DuckFor2 said:

no one out trains Taylor. One difference in the videos is all the leg attacks in DT's video, I expect a shot clock next time for Yaz if the match plays out similarly.

No, that's not how freestyle cautions work. If the match looks the same Yazdani will not be put on the clock. 

10 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

No, that's not how freestyle cautions work. If the match looks the same Yazdani will not be put on the clock. 

I appreciate your opinion but a lot of people felt as though Yaz should have been put on the clock last match.

Believe me, i'd much rather see a DT 12-10 type match, light it up!!