portajohn

Willie's Earth Shattering News

20 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

This entire paragraph shows you actually have no idea what the hell you are talking about ..you have all these generalizations about conservatives and republicans not vaxxing and calling them anti vaxxers meanwhile the most unvaccinated group by far in America are inner city black people …not exactly Maga country……the most unvaccinated demographic is literally a part of the democratic base lol …you don’t see church people and Trump supporters out here protesting vax passports but Black Lives Matter is out in  nyc protesting for days now…are they secretly just these dirty anti vax republicans in disguise? 
stop repeating what you hear on tv and spewing it on the internet like it’s gospel you sound like a fool

Per NBC News as of 8/24 - 88% of democrats vaccinated; 55% republicans.

5 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

Per NBC News as of 8/24 - 88% of democrats vaccinated; 55% republicans.

I don't remember being required to check a party affiliation box on the vaccine card.  NBC News  ;_;  let's see the data.  

32 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Black Lives Matter is out in  nyc protesting for days now…

against vaccine passports? i can categorically tell you, from my home in nyc, that this is not true.

6 minutes ago, ionel said:

I don't remember being required to check a party affiliation box on the vaccine card.  NBC News  ;_;  let's see the data.  

Self-reported in a survey conducted by NBC. Funny how people always say "let's see the data" when they don't like the result.

2 hours ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

You could have left everything out but the bolded part.

Maybe before speculating on someone else's reading comprehension you could work on your own? Every point in your rambling post has been addressed multiple times in this thread. I don't know if you're being purposefully obtuse or simply glossing over posts but if you want serious answers to your rhetorical questions you can find them in the thread 

So Mr. Poopy Head, you can't answer any of my questions with a logical answer...got it!  Point to anyone answering my questions and provided any logic other than one off emotional responses.  Show me the "science" some of you pick and choose to follow as gospel.  Show me data to support your claims, or better yet discounts anything I have said.  Anything other then a weak response of "you have terrible reading comprehension because it is all there"...aka. you can't and will never be able to provide a response.  Thanks for playing.

So are you for Howe and Kennedy having a say in whether they work somewhere or not?  Or do you judge them if they in fact don't want to get vaccinated for whatever reason?  Care to provide any sort of opinion on anything??

5 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

Self-reported in a survey conducted by NBC. Funny how people always say "let's see the data" when they don't like the result.

If there's a survey then there's data.  Funny how people trained at the top university in the country are willing to just take the word of a bias source with no interest in data, science, math and critical thinking.  :(

6 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

What is wrong with asking to see the data??  Do you ever read something or hear something on the news and say, I'm going to go look that up and see the actual data??  That is what everyone should do.  I can't believe in today's day and age people literally will read or watch something on the news and take it as gospel...scary!

42 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

... meanwhile the most unvaccinated group by far in America are inner city black people … 

whether urban african-americans are "the most" unvaccinated group, much less "by far" the most, do you want a concession? here you go: the excuses about access and accessibility being made for the relatively low vaccination rate among black people to get the vaccine are unconvincing. I don't even think the skepticism about the history of medical mistreatment and the Tuskegee experiment (both are real, and a horrible stain on American history) are convincing as reasons. Those arguments fall apart in the context of rich white people lying about residency to sneak into the bronx to get the vaccine.

That said, there isn't an entire media ecosystem devoted to making arguments about freedom and pushing dubious science as a smokescreen and permission culture for vaccine refusal.

3 minutes ago, ionel said:

If there's a survey then there's data.  Funny how people trained at the top university in the country are willing to just take the word of a bias source with no interest in data, science, math and critical thinking.  :(

It's a bottomless rabbit hole with people like you. You don't like the message? Attack the messenger (I see you've moved to stage 2 - calling NBC biased). Do anything to avoid acknowledging a message that doesn't fit your world view. On a more positive note, I appreciate that you seem to have given me a degree from Princeton. Cheers!

4 minutes ago, ionel said:

3 minutes ago, dman115 said:

What is wrong with asking to see the data??  Do you ever read something or hear something on the news and say, I'm going to go look that up and see the actual data??  That is what everyone should do.  I can't believe in today's day and age people literally will read or watch something on the news and take it as gospel...scary!

the poll result *is* the data! what you mean is "how was the question phrased" or "what was the margin of error" or "how was the sample derived" ... all relevant questions that you will never care about if you like the result of the poll. not that i particularly care about the results of this poll. if we are going to agree on anything it is probably this: all public opinion polling is mostly snake oil because it's so easily manipulated by poll design. 

2 minutes ago, ugarte said:

the poll result *is* the data! what you mean is "how was the question phrased" or "what was the margin of error" or "how was the sample derived" ... all relevant questions that you will never care about if you like the result of the poll. not that i particularly care about the results of this poll. if we are going to agree on anything it is probably this: all public opinion polling is mostly snake oil because it's so easily manipulated by poll design. 

True, but these aren't opinion polls.  These are strictly fact-seeking (have you been vaccinated, what is your political party affiliation).

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

True, but these aren't opinion polls.  These are strictly fact-seeking (have you been vaccinated, what is your political party affiliation).

sure but tbh i also think even on those polls, people lie when the answer is believed to be a political signal. 

10 minutes ago, ugarte said:

The poll result he reported are not the actual data.  There had to be an "other" category, info on who, where, and how surveyed, sample size & questions etc like you indicate, T or other stat, margin of error ...  

NBC knew the answer they were looking for in designing the survey thus the "snake oil" as you indicated.  And yeah it goes both ways, do you think these "news" agencies report the survey results that don't provide the answer they are looking for?  Pretty sure not peer reviewed results here.  ;_;

Edited by ionel

7 minutes ago, ionel said:

The poll result he reported are not the actual data.  There had to be an "other" category, info on who, where, and how surveyed, sample size & questions etc like you indicate, T or other stat, margin of error ...  

NBC knew the answer they were looking for in designing the survey thus the "snake oil" as you indicated.  And yeah it goes both ways, do you think these "news" agencies report the survey results that don't provide the answer they are looking for?  Pretty sure not peer reviewed results here.  ;_;

Winner winner chicken dinner!

38 minutes ago, ugarte said:

against vaccine passports? i can categorically tell you, from my home in nyc, that this is not true.

Climb on down from your ivory tower and join the rest of us below because they’ve had several already …you can find advertising for more online 

Edited by Antitroll2828

20 minutes ago, ugarte said:

Maybe some people are like what you described.  I learned long ago to not trust any "poll" a news agency does...whether it on Fox or NBC.  The point is, I feel the real answer is somewhere in between all the news channel B.S.  To me it isn't about arguing the result, but truly understanding the result and how the "result" was obtained.  And I am all about critical thinking which was lost in our society for some reason.  And not sure why people are against critical thinking...oh well...

Edited by dman115
I...I can't spell

25 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

It's a bottomless rabbit hole with people like you. You don't like the message? Attack the messenger (I see you've moved to stage 2 - calling NBC biased). Do anything to avoid acknowledging a message that doesn't fit your world view. On a more positive note, I appreciate that you seem to have given me a degree from Princeton. Cheers!

There are different types of statistical bias especially in survey samples.  Any survey by CNN, Fox, NBC etc will have bias and the first source is prob because there's bias in what they are wanting to report on and the question.  There is a reason we use peer review in research.

Looks like this is the polling info…

The survey, which was conducted by Hart Research between Aug. 14-17, sampled 1,000 adults 18 and older. Of the 1,000 respondents polled for NBC’s survey, 790 of them are registered voters. The margin of error for the group is 3.1 percentage points, while the margin of error for the subset of registered voters is 3.49 percentage points.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/nbc-news-poll-shows-demographic-breakdown-vaccinated-u-s-n1277514

https://www.lcac19.org/blog/2021/08/29/nbc-news-poll-contradicts-cdc-data-on-black-and-hispanic-vaccine-hesitancy/

NBC link has a bunch of other %s and the lcac link all the info on the poll 

Edited by pawrestler

19 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Climb on down from your ivory tower and join the rest of us below because they’ve had several already …you can find advertising for more online 

there have been BLM protests. none of them are against vaccine passports. stop getting your news from moron.com.

3 minutes ago, ionel said:

There are different types of statistical bias especially in survey samples.  Any survey by CNN, Fox, NBC etc will have bias and the first source is prob because there's bias in what they are wanting to report on and the question.  There is a reason we use peer review in research.

I'm sorry, but what are you trying to claim here? That republicans are more vaccinated than dems?

Those results are exactly what you would expect. A majority of both, but significantly less republicans. Being vaccinated/"believe science" is a key part of democratic cultural signaling and resisting mask/vax mandates is a key part of conservative cultural signaling. You see this across the entire media ecosystem, from cable news to independent news to individual facebook accounts.

I honestly have no idea what you're trying to argue. 

My sister is an ICU nurse. She's been handling serious covid cases for over a year. Every week or so there's another story of someone being admitted whose number 1 concern is that they're going to be forced to be vaccinated. They won't even accept that they have covid. "It's just bronchitis."

5 days later, they're begging for the vaccine. A couple days more and they're dead. It's heartbreaking. Families are destroyed. I'm just sick of it.

2 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

My sister is an ICU nurse. She's been handling serious covid cases for over a year. Every week or so there's another story of someone being admitted whose number 1 concern is that they're going to be forced to be vaccinated. They won't even accept that they have covid. "It's just bronchitis."

5 days later, they're begging for the vaccine. A couple days more and they're dead. It's heartbreaking. Families are destroyed. I'm just sick of it.

Its sad, but its just Darwinism at work.  Those who lack the intellectual capacity to make sensible medical decisions are more likely to die.  Though tragic, the end result is to improve the overall quality of the gene pool.

12 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

I'm sick of it too.  Just like childhood cancer.  Just like heart attacks.  Just like car accidents.  Just like all deaths...it is heartbreaking and I am sick of it.

6 minutes ago, dman115 said:

I'm sick of it too.  Just like childhood cancer.  Just like heart attacks.  Just like car accidents.  Just like all deaths...it is heartbreaking and I am sick of it.

If there was a shot that could decrease the likelihood of dying from these I'm sure most would take it. Well only if the "data" was believable.